Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Another "very scale looking" cherokee, in a scale city. (Picture heavy)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 01:20 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Another "very scale looking" cherokee, in a scale city. (Picture heavy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
That's great work Dustin!
You need to do some stop motion animation now!

The Jeep looks great too, nice interior details.
You could use a HiLift Jack to help hide the body pins on your hood.

that reminds me of an older vid i seen sometime ago whereas someone took alot of time to make a "movie" out of scale crawlers and figurines. It was AWESOME!
id love to see someone do this using a Wraith FOFF
SwampDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Another "very scale looking" cherokee, in a scale city. (Picture heavy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinf View Post
hypn0t1q79- Good to hear that there is RC life in a closer proximity than i thought! Do you know of any good tracks in NH or surrounding states? I usually take my slash to the deerfeild track, but any other suggestions would be very appreciated.
check out teammaximus.com its a hobby shop/track in kittery/york maine. It may be a drive but they are having a trophy race july 21st and i will be there. Ive met a few other rcer's there that are into scale rc's aswell. tozrovr is one of them. Drop me a pm if you have any other questions
Hypn0t1q79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinf View Post
Hello, I just finished my first scale rig. A Cherokee to match my 1:1 rig. Im also a modeler and have a 1:10 scale city model that is "zombie apocalypse" themed. The SCX10 and model go together nicely and i decided to post some pics, since i live in the middle of nowhere and have no one else to show it to.
Yes! this is brilliant. always awesome to see another zombie-minded fanatic amongst the hordes! Sorry you're survivin' alone out there, and am glad to see you're still having fun with this and sharing. I put a little z-thought into my scaler too:

weapons, ammo, gas can, propane tank (not pictured), and yea flood lights, lights always add to the left-4-dead feel, hehe..

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/a...t/P1030060.jpg
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/a...t/P1030275.jpg
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/a...t/P1030305.jpg
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/a...t/P1030296.jpg

took this pic and immediately imagined the horde rushing in/surrounding!

even got Chris Redfield as my passenger, who is perfect for 1:10 btw, (6-7" fig) comes with the standard shotgun, knife, and pistol

Anyway, Good luck on the rig/town! sorry for all the pics, just got stoked about what you've got goin so far, love the detail... keep it up!

Also, who's your figure/driver/dude? looks so familiar..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWire79 View Post
I think I can safely say the we all pretty much want to see more of the city. Lots more!
Agreed!
inebriatedmarmoset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Breath of fresh air in this sea of pics.
RiceBurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

inebriatedmarmoset- Nice rig! yes, having scale supplies really adds to the scale rig in a zombie world. It is just great thought food to ponder on.

Hypn0t1q79- Thanks man! I will most likely see you there. Im really happy you mentioned it. Im going to go see what i have to do to enter... but it may be filled? I dont really know how it works...

Im still working on the photoshoot and more pics. so, im sorry to those who have been waiting. Its my last week before vacation and its always hectic.

Thanks for tuning in.
Dustinf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #26

Nice rig also check out 106 Racepark in Pembroke, it's a nice shop and they have a track too. Evolution Hobbies is in Casco, Maine and they also have a outdoor dirt track, those are the only others I can think of that are even slightly close.
Countryhandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:42 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

This thread is old, and I haven't been on in awhile. But I felt like adding;

I did wire working dome lights and made all lights controllable from the transmitter.

I also have a working horn that also works from the tx.

Never did smoke or engine sounds...
Old 11-16-2015, 07:19 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

That's some nice work, Dustin, any chance you have a video of your display?
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:23 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

The city? I might have one. It's all been taken down and packed up, sadly. It's just so big and I want to do a garage themed one, or a garage with exterior.

I'll look for that video. I have one of the jeep lights and horn, but that's pretty standard, I think.

Tags
cherokee, city, model, scale, scx-10

Another "very scale looking" cherokee, in a scale city. (Picture heavy) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"CLASS TWO" 2012 WARCRC Scale Comp# 3 (Fall City, Wa-USA)... justinart24 Scale Videos! 11 04-27-2012 10:40 AM
"CLASS ONE" 2012 WARCRC Scale Comp# 3 (Fall City, Wa-USA)... justinart24 Scale Videos! 5 04-04-2012 05:27 PM
WARCRC Scale GTG @ The "SLAB" (Fall City, Wa) justinart24 Washington 1 03-27-2011 04:29 PM
"Hobbytown USA presents "The City Crawlers Challenge"" Mr Glassman Colorado 304 12-04-2010 08:56 PM