Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: losi mini crawler based scale rig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default losi mini crawler based scale rig

Ok among the parts that I got in a big parts lot by I ended up with 4 rail chassis. 1 scx10, 1 rc4wd bruiser, 1 for losi micro crawler, and 1 tcs tcs L-trail. My questions pertains to the L-trail. I just had to kinda brag about the others a little.

So withe the chassis I need to use the mrc skid and transmission my question is does the mrc motor have enough grunt to properly move it with a blackfoot hard body scaler? Or should I try to do a divorced set up with a 540 motor? I have an aluminum motor mount out of an exceed 4wd truck I can use.
slim_chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: losi mini crawler based scale rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_chance View Post
Ok among the parts that I got in a big parts lot by I ended up with 4 rail chassis. 1 scx10, 1 rc4wd bruiser, 1 for losi micro crawler, and 1 tcs tcs L-trail. My questions pertains to the L-trail. I just had to kinda brag about the others a little.

So withe the chassis I need to use the mrc skid and transmission my question is does the mrc motor have enough grunt to properly move it with a blackfoot hard body scaler? Or should I try to do a divorced set up with a 540 motor? I have an aluminum motor mount out of an exceed 4wd truck I can use.
You don't necessarily need use the MRC stock motor, there are brushless set ups Losi insane motors which all will do fine with a Blackfoot body.
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Yea in my opinion the Novak mongoose brushless crawler setup works best in those scale chassis setups. Tons of power.
jared86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thanks guys. To any moderators I think this can be moved to the 1.9 scaler page since thats what this truck is going to be
Im not really sure this is an l-trail chassis since I have never seen one up close. And I cant upload th teaser pic I was going to. Idk y
slim_chance is offline   Reply With Quote

losi mini crawler based scale rig - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
losi mini crawler scale pictures losiminicrawler 1.9 Scale Rigs 28 10-11-2013 11:06 PM
Losi Mini Rock Crawler Scale 72 Chevy XcrawlerkidX Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 5 12-15-2010 11:44 PM