Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Vaterra Twin Hammer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Vaterra Twin Hammer

So I saw this sitting in one of the local shops and started doing some reading. Everything looks good with some minor, call it, personal preferences.

My question is this. It was posed in one of the threads I was reading that Axail would be coming out with something to complete with this rig. Are there any official rumors that say one way or the other? Think I would wait on it if they are planning on something in the future.

Thanks,
Will-
Ghostrider304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Vaterra Twin Hammer

You probably saw my post. Ya i would most likely wait. Anything axial is going to have more support than the TwinHammers. Its a cool rig but i really would like to see what the market has to offer since this is where it seems to be going.
jdacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

i have a twin hammers, and i just sold off a wraith with exo front end,, the work to get the wraith with exo front to work right sucked,, it ran good, but with the amount of people to do this mod i really dont think axial is going to be producing it as a product line,,

now for the twin hammer, out of the box it is a complete P.O.S. shift servo didnt work brand new, steering servo went out first run, there isnt even bolts holding on the steeering nuckles in the front there is push pins that fall out, iv replaced them 2 times already with only 4 packs ran thru the truck,,

now that i have spent and extra 250$ on servos, hardware and a brushless upgrade the hammers is sweet, with that being said it all depends on the money you want to spend on it and how u want to drive,, if you want a crawler dont buy a twin hammers, it was designed around a race that the point is to get thru the rocks as fast as possible then hammer down thru the desert,, so if you want a fast rig to jump rocks with then go forr it otherwise build your own thats better
JDCrawler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

That's a bummer, guess i'll wait and see what Axial comes out with next, or I just might pick up an EXO Buggy Kit to play with.

Thanks guys!!!
Ghostrider304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:01 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCrawler27 View Post
i have a twin hammers, and i just sold off a wraith with exo front end,, the work to get the wraith with exo front to work right sucked,, it ran good, but with the amount of people to do this mod i really dont think axial is going to be producing it as a product line,,

now for the twin hammer, out of the box it is a complete P.O.S. shift servo didnt work brand new, steering servo went out first run, there isnt even bolts holding on the steeering nuckles in the front there is push pins that fall out, iv replaced them 2 times already with only 4 packs ran thru the truck,,

now that i have spent and extra 250$ on servos, hardware and a brushless upgrade the hammers is sweet, with that being said it all depends on the money you want to spend on it and how u want to drive,, if you want a crawler dont buy a twin hammers, it was designed around a race that the point is to get thru the rocks as fast as possible then hammer down thru the desert,, so if you want a fast rig to jump rocks with then go forr it otherwise build your own thats better

I don't know what rigs you have had or built, but you must have been one of the lucky ones I have had no real problems with anything on my twin that was not my own fault DO NOT try to shift the twin unless you are rolling or you will smoke the shift servo because it will try to shift but can't unless the gears are spinning.the steering servo has held up to my abuse with a redline 13.5 on 3s. I'm sure if you keep it in a bind it will let out the magic smoke like the shift servo
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:19 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider304 View Post
That's a bummer, guess i'll wait and see what Axial comes out with next, or I just might pick up an EXO Buggy Kit to play with.

Thanks guys!!!
Rember twin hammer is here now.Axial you could wait up to 8 months to get anything from them.
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
RCC Addict

I'm pretty impressed with the TH. I did change the shift servo and rx/tx off the bat. Ran it in the recon g6 Saturday along with 3 others and all 4 finished. I did leave everything else stock, except the tires. I've beat it pretty good and no broken parts. Steering servo started going out 3/4 way through the challenge but I have parts on my desk ready to put in. Imo it was worth the price. But it depends on what your wanting. I kind of like the go fast part. Now I have to get a exo as well.

From my phone using my fingers.
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Im lovin my twin. I changed out the steering servo after the first run, not because it broke, just wanted more power. Shifting servo is stock and works fine. Also changed esc after first run so I could run 3s. Esc also worked fine. I dont think I've had this much fun scaling in years. This rig is so light, that with 3s and a hh new twin motor, you can overcome almost anything with enough wheel speed. The only thing I would love to see come out for it aftermarket that would be a real game changer would be longer throw aluminum knuckles. Steering on the twin is not good, needs more throw. Other than more steering, I LOVE my twin. The only way Axial could come out with a better truck, is to put remote locking diff on the front like the summit. I just dont see it happening though. I do see Traxxas doing it......maybe. Im not waiting around to find out, TWH for the win. All this imho of course
Sheepdawg23wm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

The twin hammers is not only my favorite crawler it is my favorite R/C. The versatility of it is incredible when set up properly. By properly I am talking about a rig that will be in the $1000 plus neighborhood. Whoever says it can't crawl is doing it wrong.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I love mine, i changed the shift servo, and fitted an SV2 and a 4000kv motor, its fun. Low end control isnt the greatest with this motor,but its bearable, do untill i go sensered.
Other than that, its stock, and way fun.
vipxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #11
RCC Addict

i just did my taxes this morning and got 1500 bucks back most of it went to bills but i kept 400.00 of it to myself and am thinking about picking up the twin hammers..
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

What RC doesn't need at LEAST $1000 to be dialed/bulletproof?
hibbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Vaterra Twin Hammer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rubba's Vaterra Twin Hammer Rubbaneck Vaterra Twin Hammers 73 11-05-2013 08:45 AM
VATERRA TWIN HAMMERS WITH Pro4 on 3s!!! heinie_21 Videos! 8 06-04-2013 10:33 PM
Mad Skinz Vaterra Twin Hammer Tote/Carrier bag scottanthony Vendors Miscellaneous 0 02-13-2013 07:06 PM
Vaterra Twin Hammers In Stock RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 4 02-13-2013 02:55 PM