Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Scout build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #1

Default Scout build

Hi all

I've got a scout and I'm planning to turn into a scaler. I was going to buy a scx10 chassis but someone told me my scouts tranny wouldn't fit directly into the scx10 chassis. Would I be better with the radshape T-rail chassis instead? It's £80 and the best price I can get a scx10 chassis in the uk is £62 from cml. any help would be greatly appreciated.
breakingstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Scout build

i'm guessing a maverick scout? i think I saw that they are basically replicating axial parts, so i would assume they are a very close match in terms of size of tranny. it might not be a direct fit because the holes are in different locations, but should be as simple as making a new transmission mounting plate from delrin/steel/whatever (or even trying to swap the scout's plate over to the SCX chassis). the SCX10 chassis rails are separated by bolt-in cross braces, so if you have to change the width slightly, I don't see any issues with making some new crossmembers to the specific width you need. no matter what, you're going to be doing a good amount of customization trying to make a comp crawler into a scaler, so be prepared to do some home-fab engineering

another option is to try and find a used SCX10 roller or complete rig in the classifieds - just today i saw a rig for $175 and you would only need electronics. axial has great aftermarket support from many companies, so having axial drivetrain might not be a bad idea just for that reason. good luck!
Perkolator is offline   Reply With Quote

Scout build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my new scout build washracer_11 1.9 Scale Rigs 5 01-22-2012 07:41 PM
~~~ International Scout 1.9 Build ~~~ Stormin2u 1.9 Scale Rigs 121 03-22-2009 07:11 PM
My Scout build washracer_11 1.9 Scale Rigs 5 12-06-2008 10:40 AM
wheely king scout build!! truly_5150 HPI Wheely King 5 02-17-2008 06:32 AM