Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Regret Sales!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Regret Sales!!

I figure this is the spot to let off some steam...

After seeing aftermarket chassis for the Tamiya Sand Scorcher and what you can actually do with the SRB I freaking want mine back!!

I sold mine on rctech about a year and a half ago when it was re-released....built it all up pretty much stock just ran a Sidewinder V1 with an odd 5 cell hump pack NiMH my LHS actually had for sale that would fit in the electronics box.

Now I want a beach demon of some sort 2WD. So looking at the cost of purchasing another Scorcher and having the patience to rebuild it again (I do have all electronics ready to go). Plus the cost of an actual better chassis I would be looking at around $500-600 for the entire setup.

Decided to convert my SC10B into a beach runner see how that goes lol. Just ordered the Renegade beadlocks with Protrack offset in addition to AE FT aluminum hubs on all 4 corners.

Going to run Mohawks on the front and Sling Shots in the rear. I have already upgraded the SC10B electronics to the SV2/3800kv 4pole plus a Savox 1258TG and put in aluminum servo holders along with a GH servo horn.

Don't know how satisfied I'll be with the scale looks, but performance wise I think hands down I'll be happy. I still haven't seen a scale SC10B sand rail/true Ultra4 desert rig yet.

Still waiting on the the wheels to get here from A Main...but here she is:

LED's were a breeze now that every freaking company has some sort of LED control box and a multitude of setups. I just went with leftover Axial simple light controller I had laying around and some Axial light buckets screwed and clamped plus CA'd onto the front and rear.

Going to think how to incorporate a scale motor next...
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Regret Sales!!

Maybe use the exo motor lexan thingy in the rearwould look sick imo
kakachille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Already in my hobby room lol I was going to use it on the back half of my modded Wraith cage but thinking of figuring out a way to do it on the SC10b.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I cant wait to see your scale touches...

Here's mine

slash23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

LOL! Your buggy was the one that inspired me to try and make it a bit more scale. I think I saw it either on rcshortcourse or rctech don't remember. Btw those red Split Six beadlocks you are running which offset did you get? I went with their new Protrack not sure if it will give me a square setup or not...don't really care too much since it's a basher rig anyways.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexchen86 View Post
LOL! Your buggy was the one that inspired me to try and make it a bit more scale. I think I saw it either on rcshortcourse or rctech don't remember. Btw those red Split Six beadlocks you are running which offset did you get? I went with their new Protrack not sure if it will give me a square setup or not...don't really care too much since it's a basher rig anyways.
Rcshortcourse!!! I am actually running slash 2wd rears all around... Not sure what offset i threw the receipts away... I bought mine from a local hobby shop ( Madera hobby) and he said that those would work. Im getting some strc rings tonight to lighten them up a bit. The wheel itself is like a regular wheel but the beadlock part is HEAVY. Id like to see your idea on a motor!!
Old 06-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

For a couple years I've wanted to do a full-bore Sand Scorcher build. I had several 1:1 Bugs as a kid but I never got to build the real Baja Bug I always wanted.

Maybe not quite this extensive, but this build is inspiring...

Aluminum Scorcher Chassis/Desert Build - Scale 4x4 R/C Forums
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash23 View Post
Rcshortcourse!!! I am actually running slash 2wd rears all around... Not sure what offset i threw the receipts away... I bought mine from a local hobby shop ( Madera hobby) and he said that those would work. Im getting some strc rings tonight to lighten them up a bit. The wheel itself is like a regular wheel but the beadlock part is HEAVY. Id like to see your idea on a motor!!
Any updates??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-22-2013, 12:17 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I'm running the new Protrack beadlocks with no issues slingshots rear and Mohawks front. It's a square setup even without the entire Protrack kit.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Bump..

Regret Sales!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mods to your scorpion that you regret Testykalz Axial AX-10 Scorpion 67 05-22-2008 09:17 AM
Down to only 3 rc...... Don't you ever regret getting rid of one? bi_eep Chit Chat 26 01-19-2008 08:47 AM
Ever regret selling something??? wrx-n-ktm Chit Chat 12 12-07-2006 07:30 PM