Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Gave a friend bad info...need help please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Gave a friend bad info...need help please

I took a friend of mine crawlin for his first time....he took to it like a fish to water. we stopped by our local hobby store and he picked out

Axial g6 kit
Mamba max pro
13.5 novak ballistic
spectrum dx3c
1.9 xl swampers

plan to get him a nice healthy hitec servo also

he spent a ton of money and wants me to build it

the bad info I gave him was.....

"I'm sure they make a Ford Bronco body for the g6"

nope...not yet so I dont have the g6 in my hands to consider which bronco body would be best to use...can you guys give me a good idea?

Thanks
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2014, 08:32 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Dang! I'd say for ease of setup and hearing he liked big tires... HPI Bronco or if you could find a Dynamic Concept Bronco.

Thomas
xigtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:17 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Gave a friend bad info...need help please

get dimensions an start Googling
Ohioskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:55 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Pro line sold a 73 Eb for a while 12.3"wheelbase iirc.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:08 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xigtc View Post
Dang! I'd say for ease of setup and hearing he liked big tires... HPI Bronco or if you could find a Dynamic Concept Bronco.

Thomas
Thanks Man I had forgotten about the Dynamic Concepts Bronco body!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
Pro line sold a 73 Eb for a while 12.3"wheelbase iirc.
I was thinking about using the proline version...it's how the G6 has a tapered back end which will make the finding the right body somewhat difficult. I never had to taper a body before but it's doable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskills View Post
get dimensions an start Googling
And as far as your stellar input...I appreciate you trying to school me on how to search. I apologize profusely for being such a newb. I would have never thought to just google something. I noticed you took the time to help another fellow RC guy recently on dimensions but you failed to remind him to google that. I'm overwhelmed on how much you can find by google. I'm surprised that we even need this forum...hell if Google has the answer to any and all questions we must be wasting our time here on this great site. This forum is for helping other fellow RC guys get the information no matter how weird it may sound. I remember being a 300-400 post guy and thought I knew it all. I have found that I don't and never will. But taking the time to remind me to search is RUDE and uncalled for. I did search...and if it was a normal SCX-10 and had the no unusual characteristics I would have never asked the question. What I have is another guy who helps support our Hobby and spent major bucks and I made a simple error. For now on PLEASE if you see my name on a thread...please feel free to just pass it on by....but If you want to be a TRUE supporter of this hobby and be helpful to someone in need then give your knowledge.

Oh and spell check never hurt anyone "and" has a D on the end.

Last edited by Mr. Ed; 01-26-2014 at 11:12 AM. Reason: type error
Old 01-26-2014, 01:35 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post

I was thinking about using the proline version...it's how the G6 has a tapered back end which will make the finding the right body somewhat difficult. I never had to taper a body before but it's doable

And as far as your stellar input...I appreciate you trying to school me on how to search. I apologize profusely for being such a newb. I would have never thought to just google something. I noticed you took the time to help another fellow RC guy recently on dimensions but you failed to remind him to google that. I'm overwhelmed on how much you can find by google. I'm surprised that we even need this forum...hell if Google has the answer to any and all questions we must be wasting our time here on this great site. This forum is for helping other fellow RC guys get the information no matter how weird it may sound. I remember being a 300-400 post guy and thought I knew it all. I have found that I don't and never will. But taking the time to remind me to search is RUDE and uncalled for. I did search...and if it was a normal SCX-10 and had the no unusual characteristics I would have never asked the question. What I have is another guy who helps support our Hobby and spent major bucks and I made a simple error. For now on PLEASE if you see my name on a thread...please feel free to just pass it on by....but If you want to be a TRUE supporter of this hobby and be helpful to someone in need then give your knowledge.

Oh and spell check never hurt anyone "and" has a D on the end.
lol sorry for being a smartass iv googled things so much if you change one word it could be gold or coal

like proline light bucket an proline housing same meaning but way different links
Ohioskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I wanted an FJ-40 for my G6. It isn't available so, I did a hybrid and used the front clip from the Tamiya Fj-40 and ended up with this, not the best but, I like it.

Just an idea for your friend to consider.

RusT808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:35 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusT808 View Post
I wanted an FJ-40 for my G6. It isn't available so, I did a hybrid and used the front clip from the Tamiya Fj-40 and ended up with this, not the best but, I like it.

Just an idea for your friend to consider.

I really like the Tamiya bodies, I have built a crusier using that body. I like how you added the body over the jeep body...very good idea!!! I wish my buddy liked cruisers but he's a ford guy :( I'm digging your rig there!!!!

Last edited by Mr. Ed; 01-26-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:41 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Try the Tamiya Bronco body. Similar in dimensions to the FJ-40.
RusT808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:39 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Am I missing something? I thought the G6 was basically the standard scx10 frame why would you have to taper the body?
rcwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:44 AM   #11
RCC Addict

You are correct it IS the same as a scx-10. the difference is the cage work and body. the back of the rig tapers in. If you look closely at the guys pictures who built the FJ in this thread you will see what I mean. the trick was to get a body that's easiest to manipulate to the G6 cage
Old 01-29-2014, 06:50 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Yahh man its just an scx10 at heart.. the body doesnt "have" to taper.. thats just howbthe g6 body and cage is designed. You can put any body you want on that plaform. Youd only have to adjust the links for diff wheelbases.
kaneohecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:25 PM   #13

Would something like these work with mods?
Pro-Line 1973 Ford Bronco Clear Body for Wraith
Dynamic Concepts EB Bronco Wraith Body (Cowl Hood W/Door Inserts)
Dynamic Concepts EB Bronco Wraith Body (Std Hood W/Door Inserts)
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:36 PM   #14
~THE SCALE SHOP~

i second (or third) the DC bronco suggestion.

the G6 body is basically the same as the wraith PC body.
the DC body was made for the wraith. so should be nearly identical in exterior dimensions as the G6.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:43 PM   #15
N.E.R.C.C Uncle Blinky

don't forget HPI #7179 - 1973 FORD BRONCO BODY
Drail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:56 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
You are correct it IS the same as a scx-10. the difference is the cage work and body. the back of the rig tapers in. If you look closely at the guys pictures who built the FJ in this thread you will see what I mean. the trick was to get a body that's easiest to manipulate to the G6 cage

Might just be easier to get a body and make a new cage from styrene tube. Unless liking the cage was part of the reason for getting the g6.
rcwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:36 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwolf View Post
Might just be easier to get a body and make a new cage from styrene tube. Unless liking the cage was part of the reason for getting the g6.
My friend really liked the look of the g6. And I liked that it was a kit...saves time from a tear down and rebuild. Looking forward to the build...Even if i have to build a ford
Old 01-31-2014, 09:44 AM   #18
N.E.R.C.C Uncle Blinky

you can fit a HPI on anything this is my C-2 it's just a scx-10 with a HPI body and a dingo cage.

before cage mod..

Drail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:33 PM   #19
RCC Addict

I'll stand corrected but while it's not actually labeled a Bronco the Deadbolt body looks a lot like one to me (bit deep in the side sill but you can trim that) & it uses the same cage as the G6 Jeep. part number is AX04039 but I haven't seen one anywhere yet.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote

Gave a friend bad info...need help please - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/24 ?s info bad or good ... regal200021 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 01-24-2011 04:39 PM
Friend requests-are you a friend when you approve? pantablo Comments, Suggestions, and Help 3 10-24-2009 02:51 PM
Losi "BAD" Spur Gear Info kerrywittig Team Losi Comp Crawler 16 07-02-2009 02:47 PM
Finally Gave in and Bought a Slash... and gave it some Monster Energy flair Lumpmister Non Crawler RC's 9 07-13-2008 01:10 PM
whos friend gave nylints to toys for tots just wana know AJf General Crawlers 2 01-16-2007 12:18 PM