Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: inspiration found in an easter basket

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 12:55 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default inspiration found in an easter basket

I was at Walmart before easter and came across easter baskets that had a mid 50's Ford looking toy truck "the rebel" in them available in three color choices for $10.00. Red, black, and white. It peaked my interest. I decided to wait till after easter to get one once they where marked down on clearance.
I went back wnd grabbed a white one for $5,.00 after easter. I figured what the heck even if the plastic has the usefulness of wet cardboard I get some candy out of the deal. I picked white because I figured that it would be the easiest to cover with paint.
Once I got it home and released it from its easter basket and packaging I found the plastic to be rather sturdy. I could barely get the cab to squeeze in at the doors and the body seemed resistant to flexing at most points. Granted I have yet to pull it from its free wheeling chassis but it seems like a viable body.
The body looks the right width for Losi MRC axels but too short to build any kind of comp truck out of. Im thinking about building an 1/16th Maxstone based play around rig out of it since my MRC running gear is being used for a C1 build.
Also I went back and bought a second one for a back up body. I thought about picking up the other 6 in the other colors they had left but thought I would be pushing my luck with my wife. Well here is the body. Tell me what Y'all think.
Attached Images

Last edited by slim_chance; 04-23-2014 at 06:28 PM.
slim_chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2014, 09:24 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: inspiration found in an easter basket

My kids got a couple of em, had em since last year..... Looked a couple times, too small for my taste......

Wheel base is 6 inches..... Cab width is 4.25 inches..... Width at fenders is 5.25 inches....total legnth is 10 inch and cab height is 3 3/8 inch.

Last edited by JokersWild; 04-23-2014 at 10:41 AM.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:12 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Yeah smaller than I really would like. But I figured for 5 bucks each and they came with a little bit of candy I could just build a truck or two for roaming around the house with and let kids play with. I figure I would build a shorter wheel base Maxstone, paint it, mount the body, and call it a day. If it turns out cool I might build some more trucks about the same size so we can have mini scaler "comps" at my house during family get togethers.
thanks for the measurements!
Old 04-23-2014, 08:59 PM   #4
RCC Addict

No problem. I go overboard with all of my builds and comp them all...... Tried some of the smaller stuff and wasn't really my thing. I always end up taking outside and get bored with it. But that's just me.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:46 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Im just a gear head that likes to build stuff. Sometimes I want to do something outside the norm.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:14 AM   #6

Those dimensions sound perfect for a CC01, although it isnt very capable.
friz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:48 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Cc-01 is just under 10 inches for wb...... Width is just over 7 inches outside of tires.

Quite a bit difference than this bodies specs
Old 04-26-2014, 01:43 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Yep I have a CC01 waiting for a body. Its a no go with these. For some strange reason I couldn't resist picking up 2 more in red and black. I now have 2 white 1 red 1 black. Why? I have no freakin idea. I am enjoying the candy though. I guess I need four 1/16 Maxstones now. Too bad the slick rock cost a good bit more. I would rather use its running gear.

inspiration found in an easter basket - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 semi-Basket Case Duuuuuuuude Axial Wraith 73 06-01-2015 12:37 PM
Found inspiration on YouTube for next project.... Mdlopez1 Non Crawler RC's 1 01-07-2013 08:46 PM
Body from easter basket... Sasquatchbagger Paint and Body 15 04-04-2008 08:38 PM