Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Yeti XL Limited Slip Build (or any other)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2014, 12:13 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Yeti XL Limited Slip Build (or any other)

Something is missing in this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twissted View Post
Ah, that's better
MattTheGenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2014, 02:03 AM   #22
I joined the Band!

If that makes you feel better...Your going to LOVE this! Look at the bottom page of this link!!!!

Dick Cepek DC-2 40 Series 3.8" Internal Beadlock Plastic Wheels
twissted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:05 AM   #23
I joined the Band!

So has anyone tried this diff spring with the aluminum washers added to the springs on the spider gear shaft, yet?

Last edited by twissted; 12-21-2014 at 02:08 AM.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:21 PM   #24

Guys i need some help...ive always had an rc setting aroumd but now im ready to scale a crawler i see pics of ppl putting cowl hoods on trucks and making them into crew cabs how do you do it and where do you find hoods and just diff parts plz be kind enought to help me
dustynmariah.hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:46 PM   #25
I joined the Band!

A lot of parts can be found at your local hobby store. then you can see and touch what your looking at. It is best to understand what your dealing with before you go and buy online. You can buy alot of stuff here in the 4 sale stuff that is posted and then if your smart buy a kit and if your know what you want that helps make the choice quicker. New parts can be found in the vendor section here also. The fact that you found this place is smart and a very good start. Kit take along time to build but when it comes to replacing and upgrading parts you will understand how and why it works and also why it breaks. Good luck and mostly have fun.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:32 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by twissted View Post
If that makes you feel better...Your going to LOVE this! Look at the bottom page of this link!!!!

Dick Cepek DC-2 40 Series 3.8" Internal Beadlock Plastic Wheels
I like their disclaimer "submitted by customer". It's not like they said now that's a sweet ride, how will we ever get ahold of him!

I could sell d!ck pics to a lot a of places.... Doesn't mean I should, right?

Just curious but your post earlier seems you claim this limited slip technology. You know it's been on an rc scale for over a decade right?

Anyway that's it for now, I can't wait to read more of your epic threads. Please never give up, there will always be someone to care, god bless your little heart for trying.
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 05:42 AM   #27
I joined the Band!

I never said it was new. I just was showing people how to do it. If you look around you will find that isn't covered and that is why I posted it. Could you please enlighten us on some worth while or do you just show up for bashing posts that you seam to know nothing about? Please show me something worth while since you seam to think this isn't worth covering?
Oh and while your distaste for my buggy is evident. Please feel free to get one of your builds in RC4WD catalog.
From what I can tell you don't like Jeeps but you have 3. And you don't like Desert buggies. It makes me wonder if you like anything?
Oh buy the way I dive a Toyota and have built a few as well.

Last edited by twissted; 12-27-2014 at 06:03 AM.
Old 12-27-2014, 12:02 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

You got me, my shelves are empty. I love desert buggies, however you try to post you pile in every single sub forum. It was cool the first time like 2 months ago. It's old seeing the same thing pop up in everyone else's thread. I'm sure they've seen it as it's at the top of every forum every day. You're proud of it and we get it, but the way you come off is not what I like. Your straight up arrogant and look like a fool. Just my opinion bud, I thought you were innovative but that went quick in the last month. I used to check out you E5ive build all the time. Now seems you were hit by a bus of idiot.

Sorry maybe I could have pm'd this but I can see others feel the same. The first post of this thread could have said hey this is something that would be sick if you could have a limited slip feel in super scale dd looking rc. It quickly went south. Anyways, I won't bother you anymore because I have nothing. No 36 RUNNING rc's, countless projects, never had a handful of Toyota crawlers, never been to Moab, hammers or the con countless times with my friend Bobby Long (rip buddy), and don't have my new build of a 2010 power wagon. Or maybe I do and I just don't kiss and tell? Ehh who knows.

Maybe just point people to your build like most do. You might come off differently
Old 12-27-2014, 12:05 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

I dig your yota though I had black 87 ex cab with 37's and Mercedes diesel. It's around Aberdeen WA now. It was a little woods bomber and could actually tow my 93 yota truggy like it wasn't there. It was funny sh!t for sure.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:00 PM   #30
I joined the Band!

It's not that I try to rub things in. It's just that when I show something, most of the time there is no feed back that shows that it was tried or that it worked for them. That the Jeep that you can't stand on the Toyota hood. See the bumper? It has the steering servo mount to it. I have yet to see this in other builds. The build is been done for awhile and the bumper was shared with this years ago when I first started the build. I may get poor results from trying to show my builds. I thought the 1/6 scale motor with the electric motor and gear reduction inside would catch on. Yet I rarely see builds with motors that are scale. I try to share my thoughts on A short wheel base Gladiator Jeep and it just goes off as another Jeep. It would be nice to have a Truck body that you don't see everyday. Seeing a truck that you already have is fun but gets old quick. But seeing the past and the future never seems to get old and draws people in. Look at the trucks that people here get worked up over. They inspire from being different. If you look at my builds you will find that most of the bodies are changed and are different than what is been done. So having someone ask what body do I want to see made really makes no difference to me. I build my own frames so finding a body that works for me is my only concern. As for showing what I have built with other builds I will stop doing that. In fact I will only show how things are done in my post so that I don't seem like I'm rubbing things in.
I was hoping to show how to build a custom carbon frame. But I will do the build and just see if it catches on or not. Sorry to be offencive!

Yeti XL Limited Slip Build (or any other) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to build a Limited Slip Differential twissted Traxxas Crawlers 14 03-26-2015 05:49 AM
limited slip diffs captain kirk Axial Wraith 14 06-22-2012 10:08 PM
aluminum foil limited slip madbob HPI Wheely King 19 08-28-2007 04:50 AM
limited slip tlt diff? rash_powder Tamiya TLT Crawlers 12 03-26-2007 05:46 PM