Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: COB lights , diy lightbars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2015, 02:41 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default COB lights , diy lightbars

I've been looking for some led or similar light bars to use for lighting my scale rigs and came across these , cheap and about the right size (I'm trying some 100x8mm ones) to put in some alloy channel and mount.
1 3W 3W 4W 4 8W 10W COB LED Strip Light Bulb Lamp Bead Warm Pure White Hfau | eBay
and a few of these to go in the headlights of my JK and my Miller build. Ultra Bright 2W G4 COB LED White Light Bulb Lamp DC 12V BA AU Home Office | eBay
I like the round ones for the fact that the wires will go to the side and not take up room behind .
I recently bought a torch with one of these bulbs and it has really bright white light , anyone else had any experience with them ? They claim low power consumption and they're all 12v , expected delivery is in about 4 weeks time so no reviews tiil then .
Anyone else used them ?
northkona is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2015, 06:33 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: COB lights , diy lightbars

I use these exact ones here for ground/chassis lights and stuff. I have a jk with one for a light bar and while it does work for some fun and stuff its nowhere near my MORE or crawlerdad bars. PM me your number and ill text ya a pic of how it looks, for the price I had to try them and not disappointed. I run them straight off their own 3s batts and they get nowhere near warm after hours of crawling. I used aluminum channel to sticky it too and holds up fine. The round lights however I have reached temps you dont want around your lexan bodies . Hope this helps bud.

2X Super Bright COB White CAR LED Lights FOR DRL FOG Driving Lamp Waterproof 12V | eBay
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:24 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Thanks that's some great info, I have done a bit of research and yeah, some big heat sinks are needed for these things. I saw some 100 watt COBs getting over 200 deg celcius !!! WTF ! Flames on the trail might be some great special effects but I don't really want to incinerate my rigs, there is gonna be a bit of R&D to do. Gotta love the price tho.
northkona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 06:58 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

These lights are easy to use and quite durable.
I use these COB lights for rock lights on my 1:1

heyok is offline   Reply With Quote

COB lights , diy lightbars - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MY RcBros DIY Lightbars spankbomb Scale Accessories 3 06-11-2013 08:53 PM
DIY: How To Make Your Own Lights 8695Beaters Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 8 01-17-2012 12:04 AM
DIY Lights mix237 Tamiya XC/CC01 18 04-01-2010 10:31 PM