Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: 1.9 Barrage RTR 1/10 Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2017, 12:11 PM   #361
Rock Stacker

Default Re: 1.9 Barrage RTR 1/10 Crawler

tried 40wt shock oil..... basically no difference. Ordered heavier springs... just waiting for them now. Tried to outboard the shocks....rear kept binding up and tires hit the shock when articulated at full lock
bob_suruncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2017, 09:13 AM   #362
Rock Stacker

Sorry Bob, I thought 40w would do it for you. I still have some roll going on but nothing compared to how it was with the stock water filled shocks. Outboarding seemed to me a lost cause for just the reasons you mentioned.
Devwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:59 AM   #363

What about a sway bar?

On a separate note, I really should post up here more lol
Mancub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:57 AM   #364
Rock Stacker

My lady loves VW's so I'm working on this body for her Barrage. Don't hate on my styrene skills I have a lot of bondo and sanding in front of me .

Making slow progress on the window bus

Way too quiet around here

Retired the bus body to build this

I made a set of boat sides to mount it, held together with velcro instead of screws. Kamtec makes the body, lots of cool stuff on their website. https://www.ebay.com/itm/BAY-WINDOW-...rm3SQ7NUZea08w. You'll need to stretch the body close to 2". Loved the look but it was a pain to dial in the suspension and very top heavy. I mounted the body a low as possible to counter that a bit, cut the hell outta the fenders and added 60wt shock oil and bic springs to the shafts. Made a huge difference but I still wasn't happy with it so I threw in the towel. That same setup with the bug body out crawls my scx10.

Last edited by THX_138; 07-10-2018 at 12:06 AM.
Devwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 11:00 PM   #365
Rock Crawler

So yet another version has popped up forsale. This one is under the RGT/HSP name but it has the features from the new Barrage kit with the 390 motor and shocks outside the chassis rails. BUT it also now has scale axles and CMS. I've just ordered one. $230 Aust $$ to my door rtr.

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/18272751102...07&_mwBanner=1

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
honchojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 11:02 PM   #366
Rock Crawler

Pics from ebay listing.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:25 AM   #367

Really nice body. Too bad not sold here.

Pete
Peterv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:19 AM   #368

Has anyone had luck using Axial axle housings on their Barrage/RGT? I want to move the shocks completely outside, but found before I even attempted it that the tires would catch in steering and in flex. Only way I figured I could solve that would be to stretch the axles out a bit further, and just get some fender flares to keep the tires from looking so far on the outside of the body. I'm always around, and been looking at what's going on in all the various threads, I dig it!
JackD782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:16 PM   #369

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wile View Post
Hey Folks,

After making my last post, I actually read about the Flysky transmitter/receiver package for which Pete provided a link. After reading that, I started to think my idea of using an aircraft transmitter/receiver was really a solution looking for a problem. The Flysky transmitter/receiver has three-channels, and the package includes a LiPo battery which is a big plus for me. It also includes a data cable, but I have no idea for what that is used.

With my stock Barrage transmitter, I only have two channels, and right from the beginning I thought it would be nice to have an additional channel or two so I could turn lights on and off. With the original NiMH battery, I would run my Barrage without the lights plugged in to conserver power. After receiving two 2200 mAh LiPo batteries however, I quickly found I could let the lights plugged in all the time and still run my Barrage for hours on one charge.

This Flysky transmitter only has three channels, but at $40 it seems like a really good buy. Thanks Pete & Clm for you kind information.

Best wishes,
Dave Wile
Dave, I wanted to chime in here. Even with the cheaper Flysky GT2B controllers, you have a 3rd channel available that can be used to switch power to lights or something else with the use of an external switch. I run this setup on my son's ECX Circuit.

Here's the video that I did that shows how to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ICj8hgplAc&t=1s

Here's the switch that I used:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/dr-mad-t...ff-switch.html

Hope this helps.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:45 PM   #370
TWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by honchojoe View Post
Pics from ebay listing.

Hey nice find!

Now to bash ECX

I have had some bad experience with ECX vehicles in the beginning. Their "Dynamite" esc's were constantly blowing up, the batteries sucked and the servos died in days. The compounds for the tires were a little "plasticy" and their plastic was a little "rubbery"

Also they like to load a hobby shop up with their vehicles (ECX/Vaterra) and supporting parts then promptly slash the kits price, blow them out retail and stop production. I knew quite a few shops that were stuck holding all these spares :(

And why the hell does Horizon Hobby who makes/owns spektrum not put the same in all their brands of vehicles?
TWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:08 PM   #371
clm
Quarry Creeper

The problem with ECX vehicles and Spektrum radios is ECX vehicles seem to be imported directly from Chinese companies that tend to supply several different manufacturers with nearly identical cars. Horizon is a bit too possessive of Spektrum to let a third party install them in vehicles even if it is vehicles they are buying to rebrand as ECX.
clm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:40 PM   #372
Rock Crawler

Spektrum gear is expensive and the ECX range is their budget line. Mostly rebadged HSP stuff.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:41 PM   #373
Rock Crawler

Anyway this rig arrived yesterday so here are some pics.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:43 PM   #374
Rock Crawler

More pics.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:47 PM   #375
Rock Crawler

And more pics with measurements. Wheelbase. Hex to hex width. Outside of tyre width. Chassis width and chassis length. Also a comparison between real TSL Super Swampers next to the knock offs. Knock offs are taller. An option of a leaf spring kit and the Tamiya Pajero hard body I will most likely use on it. Oh and the diff spools. They are plastic. I have already ordered the alloy upgrades. HSP part number 680010.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:59 PM   #376
clm
Quarry Creeper

Good looking axles on that, much more up to the times then the cloned MRC axles.
clm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:35 PM   #377

Well, finally broke something on the Barrage. Left front wheel slipping and losing drive. Pin is in place. Seems the CV drive is spinning in the differential. Cannot tell why. Disassembled part of the differential housing. Axle turns and other wheels do not turn . Little resistance and definitely not locked! Trying to figure out what parts to order. May have to talk with tech help tomorrow,
Servo still OK! Any advise why the axle is turning in the differential?

Pete

Last edited by Peterv; 09-06-2017 at 10:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-06-2017, 10:50 PM   #378
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterv View Post
Well, finally broke something on the Barrage. Left front wheel slipping and losing drive. Pin is in place. Seems the CV drive is spinning in the differential. Cannot tell why. Disassembled part of the differential housing. Axle turns and other wheels do not turn . Little resistance and definitely not locked! Trying to figure out what parts to order. May have to talk with tech help tomorrow,
Servo still OK! Any advise why the axle is turning in the differential?

Pete
Because the spool in the diff is plastic and over time starts deforming and the axle shafts starts slipping. You need the alloy spool. HSP part number 680010.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:19 AM   #379

Thank you! Was leaning in that direction.

Pete
Old 09-07-2017, 09:58 AM   #380

Thanks again honchojoe! Ordered one through Amazon. Should be here Sat.

Pete