Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: 1.9 Barrage RTR 1/10 Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2017, 10:44 PM   #141
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 1.9 Barrage RTR 1/10 Crawler

Got rid of the stinger as it was just bolted on and lose after a hard fall off the logs out back.

So I added a couple LED's epoxies into some axial rod ends in place of the stinger. They angle down at the trail to light the way!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
88gmchog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2017, 11:19 AM   #142
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterv View Post
Pix Please!

Here you go! I think I am going to shorten the snorkle to the roof line ... the only reason the stock height works is because of the roof rack. Also need to relocate my mirrors

Last edited by bob_suruncle; 06-30-2017 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Photobucket sucks
bob_suruncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:01 PM   #143

That truck looks fantastic. I thought I remembered seeing you saying this, but what's that grill from. It fits perfect.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk
jayt312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:58 PM   #144
Rock Crawler

I got in a couple parts today for the Barrage as well.

My rc4wd mini 9.5 winch finally showed up. Does not really look all that mini but it'll work.

Then my H3 body showed up too. This is before the hideous stickers were removed.

It needs lowered on the chassis obviously and I'm thinking I'll cut the factory built in bumpers off too.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:03 PM   #145
RCC Addict

Lowering the body and shorting up the rear links and it'll be a perfect fit.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:23 PM   #146
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyrc View Post
Lowering the body and shorting up the rear links and it'll be a perfect fit.
That is the plan, and paint to match this:

Old 02-22-2017, 06:29 PM   #147

Hey GMCHog,

That Hummer body is nice looking, but like you, the stickers need to go. My Barrage is my only crawler vehicle so my knowledge is limited. Looking at your pic of the Hummer on the Barrage chassis, I am wondering if it is just sitting there. The four pins on my Barrage do not show on the Hummer, thus I assumed it is just sitting in place without proper fastening. Yes? No?

Also, when the Hummer body is installed on the Barrage chassis, does it have to sit as high as it seems in your pic? Hillbilly mentioned lowering it also, and I wonder how it would be done.

Hillbilly also mentioned "shortening up the rear links," but I have no idea what that means or why he said it. I can understand about lowering the body, but the length seems right to me. What is Hillbilly talking about with shortening up the rear links?

I like my Barrage body; it is not ugly to me in any way. However, I must admit I like that Hummer body a bit more. Where did you get it, what does it cost?

Best wishes,
Dave Wile
David Wile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:48 PM   #148
Rock Crawler

The angle of the pic isn't great but basically the rear axle sits a little too far back for the hummer body. By shortening the rear links that will pull the axle in and line up better. Very crude pic but this gives you an indication. The centre of the wheel arch should be centred with the centre of the wheel/axle.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
honchojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:55 PM   #149
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by honchojoe View Post
The angle of the pic isn't great but basically the rear axle sits a little too far back for the hummer body. By shortening the rear links that will pull the axle in and line up better. Very crude pic but this gives you an indication. The centre of the wheel arch should be centred with the centre of the wheel/axle.

That ^

I just sat the body on the chassis to see if it would work. And it will, in fact I started the project tonight after doing a lake trail run with some local guys.

I had to shorten the lower front links about 1/4" or so to get the body and wheels where I wanted them on the front. Next I'll shorten the rear after tackling how I'll be mounting the body on the back. That's about as low as I can mount it unless I trim a little more off the front to take it down behind the bumper, and I may.

I ended up removing all of the bodies front and rear bumpers and will use the aftermarket front and factory rear.

Here is a pic or two from the run tonight.

And I was hanging with 3 scx10.2's and a ascender and a tf2. I didn't have the same top speed and I was the only one running a tire less than 4" but I went almost everywhere they did.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:01 PM   #150
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wile View Post
Hey GMCHog,

That Hummer body is nice looking, but like you, the stickers need to go. My Barrage is my only crawler vehicle so my knowledge is limited. Looking at your pic of the Hummer on the Barrage chassis, I am wondering if it is just sitting there. The four pins on my Barrage do not show on the Hummer, thus I assumed it is just sitting in place without proper fastening. Yes? No?

Also, when the Hummer body is installed on the Barrage chassis, does it have to sit as high as it seems in your pic? Hillbilly mentioned lowering it also, and I wonder how it would be done.

Hillbilly also mentioned "shortening up the rear links," but I have no idea what that means or why he said it. I can understand about lowering the body, but the length seems right to me. What is Hillbilly talking about with shortening up the rear links?

I like my Barrage body; it is not ugly to me in any way. However, I must admit I like that Hummer body a bit more. Where did you get it, what does it cost?

Best wishes,
Dave Wile
I believe gmchog had mentioned removing the stock molded bumpers that are on the hummer body that will help in lowering. Also the removal of the stock body posts and some sort of custom body mount. The benefits would be keeping the center of gravity low and for scaleness give it a realistic look vs a monster truck look but it's really up to the builder and what they want to do.

As for the shortening of the links in the rear, that would bring the wheelbase of the axles with the wheelbase of the body. The barrage body is pretty much spot on but like my rgt with the tamiya size bronco body. The body wheel base is a tad shorter vs the wheelbase of the axles. In my rig it was hard to notice with the stock tires but once a put a bigger tire on the wheelbase being off was a bit more noticeable.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:16 PM   #151
Rock Crawler

I'll keep with the front pins and either use a hint setup in the rear or custom side mounted pins.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:34 PM   #152
RCC Addict

Once I get my body, I'm thinking velcro mounts
Old 02-24-2017, 09:16 AM   #153
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayt312 View Post
That truck looks fantastic. I thought I remembered seeing you saying this, but what's that grill from. It fits perfect.

Grill is from a Tamiya FJ with traxxas headlight buckets and aluminum mesh for the grill. I painted the grill area black then placed the mesh overtop with some CA

Tamiya Part number is 54100
Traxxas lights are 3688
Mesh is K&S but it is no longer available.... should be able to find something that would work for the grill.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:51 AM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_suruncle View Post
Grill is from a Tamiya FJ with traxxas headlight buckets and aluminum mesh for the grill. I painted the grill area black then placed the mesh overtop with some CA

Tamiya Part number is 54100
Traxxas lights are 3688
Mesh is K&S but it is no longer available.... should be able to find something that would work for the grill.
I was on the fence about ordering the barrage but this is amazing. I ordered last week amd waiting in mail now. Should he here Tuesday. Looking forward to starting with it thanks for inspirations.

jayt312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:13 PM   #155
Rock Crawler

Oh yeah that's better!

Old 02-27-2017, 01:39 PM   #156
Rock Stacker

I scored this over the weekend.... brand new Trailfinder body complete!! It's sitting on a Vaterra Ascender Chassis for reference but thinking about bobbing the bed to fit the Barrage chassis.... or getting an Ascender chassis.... or stretching the barrage chassis

Decisions Decisions!.... plopped it on an ascender chassis just to check fit

Also put a new set of tires and suspension limiters on our ECX Temper in store demo rig. (limiters are just some fuel line tubbing on the shock shafts). Crawls excellent! but still prefer the barrage

Last edited by bob_suruncle; 06-30-2017 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Photobucket sucks
Old 02-27-2017, 02:27 PM   #157
RCC Addict

The hilux would be awesome choice for the barrage. With the small diffs.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:33 PM   #158
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I scored this over the weekend.... brand new Trailfinder body complete!! It's sitting on a Vaterra Ascender Chassis for reference but thinking about bobbing the bed to fit the Barrage chassis.... or getting an Ascender chassis.... or stretching the barrage chassis

Decisions Decisions!

Also put a new set of tires and suspension limiters on our ECX Temper in store demo rig. (limiters are just some fuel line tubbing on the shock shafts). Crawls excellent! but still prefer the barrage

What size are the rims on the Temper? 1.9" or 1.55"?

honchojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:37 PM   #159
RCC Addict

1.9 rim, those iroks are huge
Old 02-27-2017, 03:57 PM   #160
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Decisions Decisions!

Oh that'd be a killer barrage build