Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: 1.9 Barrage RTR 1/10 Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2018, 01:56 PM   #981

Default Re: 1.9 Barrage RTR 1/10 Crawler

Those axles seem to have a pretty good reputation. The only issues I really hear about are broken axle shafts, but any of the upgraded scx10 axles will fit.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2018, 02:03 PM   #982
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
Those axles seem to have a pretty good reputation. The only issues I really hear about are broken axle shafts, but any of the upgraded scx10 axles will fit.

Sweet. Yeah I was surprised how tough the stock ones were. I think it only broke because of the heavy gmade steel wheels. Overkill for the stock shafts. I still love this little rig. I wish I had got the 99 dollar one when it was on sale. The name escapes me right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tundratrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:05 PM   #983

You mean the Doomsday? I have one. It's a nice rig for $100. I'm not sure I'd pay $200 for a Barrage, but at $100 I was all for it.

I just wish that affordable lockers existed.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:07 PM   #984
Rock Stacker

Default 1.9 Barrage RTR 1/10 Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
You mean the Doomsday? I have one. It's a nice rig for $100. I'm not sure I'd pay $200 for a Barrage, but at $100 I was all for it.

I just wish that affordable lockers existed.

Yeah that one. Yeah the only option being the redcat ones or the shit stock plastic sucks. That is why I epoxy locked mine. Sucks now that I broke it lol but I had planned to put scx10 axles anyways. I have the stock plastic ones but the price of all the parts to rig them is more than that set of Cnc axles.

I wonder if anyone here has used them? Not many have posted up using scx10 axles even. Honestly for the money these are hard to beat. I think even at 180 it isn’t that bad of a price. The radio is great, motor is stout, esc is what I like besides the 1080.

I want to check out some of the Chinese complete builds. Build one from scratch using only Chinese parts.

Last edited by Tundratrader; 11-12-2018 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:39 PM   #985
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundratrader View Post
Has anyone used these axle assemblies on any rigs? They look great. I snapped one of mine running heavy steel wheels. I had epoxy locked the spoils so rather than messing with the sorta light axles I am gonna upgrade. Was gonna build a set of stock scx102 but for the cost of parts no reason not to go with these. Add some weight down low.

https://www.ebay.com/i/273540992965?...3D273540992965

These look to be the same TFL style units I used on the Barronco. I can say that they are great axles. I've broken 2 cvd's, but that was my bad. In a bad bind and went for it. If you get them, make sure you completely disassemble them. The grease they ship with is complete crap. Also, there is zero Loctite on anything. I've put a ton of hard abuse on mine and they just keep going.
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 02:25 PM   #986
Rock Stacker

Default 1.9 Barrage RTR 1/10 Crawler

It will only work with the ecx radio. I actually think it is a great transmitter.

The esc isn’t involved in binding.

Old 12-08-2018, 01:42 PM   #987
I wanna be Dave

Couldn't resist getting Dirty Steve out to play in the snow today. Bastard was hooking donuts and pitching snow everywhere with ZERO regard for my grass, landscape or anything else for that matter!
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2018, 10:32 AM   #988
I wanna be Dave

Started making some more progress on my trails / backyard course.

The pic below shows the layout. (Sorry the resolution sucks - it really diminished when I snipped the image). The stuff in RED is what exists and what you guys have seen Dirty Steve running on in previous pics. The BLUE is my little Short Course track. The YELLOW is what I'm currently working on. I'm on vacation so the past two days I've been chain sawing and knocking the rough path in. I made a ton of progress at the creek crossing towards the back this morning. Cleared out a lot of debris and got a nice rock land bridge installed. Working on an alternate, more difficult rock crossing to the right of that. I'll post some actual pics later today. Just got back in and i'm wet and freezing my ass off.

Anyway, my whole goal was to tie it all together and the stuff in YELLOW will do that for me. I'll be building some wooden features and adding rock gardens along the course as i'm able to when I can get more rocks.
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2018, 11:49 AM   #989
I wanna be Dave

Ok - I'll try and make sense of these photos for everyone. This is the section at the creek crossing / culvert near the back of the course on the YELLOW line.

The first two pics show the main, or easy rock crossing I made.

The next two pics are the more difficult rock crossing I'm making. Still need to finish it. Gonna shoot for that tomorrow.

The next two pics show the cheater / easy line up and over the culvert.

The last pic is looking back towards my house and the RED trails. Believe it or not, there is a rough path knocked in there. I just need to go back and pick up all the branches and limbs I cut out and then rake it clean. It's along this section that I plan to add some wooden features and more rocks.
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2018, 02:52 PM   #990
I wanna be Dave

Knocked out the first wood feature this afternoon. Going to use this to span a ditch that's about halfway back on the YELLOW line. Thinking I'll do a teeter next.
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2018, 10:38 AM   #991
I wanna be Dave

Finished up the second, more technical line across the creek this morning.(1st pic)

Also got the turn around area cleared out.(2nd pic). My plan is to install some wood and man-made features back in this area. On the plus side, as I was clearing out scrub and underbrush I found a pretty good pile of rocks. I also found some concrete over pour that I can bust up and use.

Finished the trail line through the woods that connects to my existing stuff - all cleared out now. I'll continue to work on this during the Winter by adding some features and skills challenges.

Once I've got everything done and looking legit, I'm going to post up a comprehensive overview in the Back Yard Courses thread.
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2018, 08:21 AM   #992
I wanna be Dave

The ground was frozen enough this morning that I was able to get out and try my lines. Tires were cold and rocks were damp, but I did eventually manage to get both lines clean in both directions. The more technical line was definitely some pucker factor since there's about 2 feet of water to one side and a foot of water to the other.

I even got the little 1/18 Gelande in on the action. He mostly just cruised around in the dirt. I was able to get the dirt climbs of the "cheater" line with him tho.
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2018, 09:43 AM   #993
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyjumper View Post
Keep posting those pictures. Good to have something to look at when the weather is so crummy outside.
Will do! I’ll be working on it all Winter and will post update pics as I go.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:04 AM   #994

Hey guys,

I figured I'd share my little experience to the Barrage group. Here's my son's Doomsday that I just finished building. It's been put together with used parts from swap meets and various facebook sellers. Stock ECX 1/18th Temper servo, New Bright Jeep body, RC4WD winch, and some used Swamper tires.

Couldn't go wrong with the $99 starting price for an RTR crawler. Most are surprised when I tell them it's a Doomsday.

Last edited by WaterfordMan; 01-07-2019 at 11:09 AM.
WaterfordMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:12 AM   #995

Here's the start of my build. Eventually it will be a Euro Trial Truck. Hopefully I can keep both trucks eligible for Class 1 SORRCA crawling.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
WaterfordMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 04:20 PM   #996

Here are a few pictures of my 1.9 Barrage kit build. I added 1.55 Trail finder 2 tire's and steering servo. I tried to make it look like a Toyota FJ45 Land cruiser.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
FScrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:22 PM   #997
Quarry Creeper

Nice looking truck, I love the little rc truck in the bed.
dacaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 08:19 AM   #998
Pebble Pounder

Love the watch band turned into traction plates!!!! Good job!!!!
edjo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 02:11 PM   #999

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjo69 View Post
Love the watch band turned into traction plates!!!! Good job!!!!
Thanks, but those are my old battery doors off of my 1/16 Traxxas Summit. I sanded and drilled holes in them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
FScrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:54 PM   #1000
Quarry Creeper

Recently got a Barrage 1.9 Kit as my first crawler, and I'm having a blast with it.

Went out with some guys from the local crawler club this past weekend to an awesome spot.

Our recent heavy rains made for lots of little "lakes".

boldfin is offline   Reply With Quote