Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: RGT bronco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2016, 02:07 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: RGT bronco

Thanks natedog
The bronco is one of 4 to choose from and believe each body as rtr has 2 color choices.

I plan on 4 linking this little guy maybe 4 link front and leafs in the rear. Along with dravtech wrapter for the front so I can xr mod it and lockouts in back with ar60 shafts. Just would like a fun trail rig.

Last edited by hillbillyrc; 11-18-2016 at 02:10 PM.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2016, 01:41 AM   #22
RCC Addict

.5 of 2 upgrades for the night.
Transmission it bulky where the motor sits so I couldn't move the motor in far enough for the 10th to work. Maybe a 12t might work but not sure.
Well the overdrive gear fits fine but has a 4mm output shaft. The stock is a 5mm output but necks down at the bearing to a 4mm.
To fix this issue think I will build some traxxas shafts. With one end 5mm and other 4mm.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:50 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Well after parts not working or need more stuff to work.

I'm thinking of going full width axles (scx axles)
Which I think will fix a few issues I have ran in to try to make it work how I would like.
Getting Shocks out side of the chassis is the big one, small axle hardware.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:04 AM   #24
RCC Addict

New 1/10 axles will be coming.
Now to get some link supplys since it will get a 4 link treatment and will have to wait for axles to figure shocks out hoping I don't have to buy another set since I already have two sets.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:16 PM   #25
RCC Addict

I have everest 10 axles coming, I did get the slickrock shocks mounted but the shocks have no oil in them.

I've kinda put it on hold till new axles come in. Besides that I'm hoping mrc metal trans gears work then might use it as a transfer case and do a scx10 trans forward mounted

Last edited by hillbillyrc; 12-21-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:50 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

Some great mods going on here...hoping to use a couple of them on my Barrage as well.
Didn't think of full width axles underneath but I like the idea for mine...possibly D60s?
j.krug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:44 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.krug View Post
Some great mods going on here...hoping to use a couple of them on my Barrage as well.
Didn't think of full width axles underneath but I like the idea for mine...possibly D60s?
Getting the shocks at a better angle is really the main reason if I want the shocks outside of the chassis. Plus the width (no axle wideners) and more axle upgrades available it was the only choice.

Besides I can reuse the rgt axles in a 1.9 class crawler build or find a slick rock with no axles.
Old 12-24-2016, 02:01 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Got my axles today, had to wait since they were a gift.

One benefit I noticed already is the weight of them, definitely a good thing for this little bronco.
Old 12-24-2016, 03:38 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_suruncle View Post
updates? ..... with pics? suspense is killing me. doing a lot of the same mods to my ECX barrage.
Teaser

Old 12-26-2016, 07:28 PM   #30
RCC Addict

New axle gives that full width axle look I'm going for.

Some size comparison between rgt (mrc clone) axle and the redcat everest 10 axle (ax10/scx10 clone)

Like I said I had fitted the slick rock aluminum shocks on this bronco

There is some other bits fitted like shackles on the rear bumper and some sort of front bumper ends still thinking about the mounting of the front bumper.

Here is a better idea of why I need to shorten the rear links only thing not stock is the treps and wheels. Unless I do a comp cut in the rear. Which is an idea?
Old 12-27-2016, 09:31 AM   #31
Rock Stacker

New axles look good.
Does the truck perform a little better with them?
j.krug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:14 PM   #32
RCC Addict

I'm hoping so, it's just mocked up still need to build links and figure shocks out.

I've been looking at 1:1 early bronco trail rigs for some inspiration. And try to make sure to keep it scale too.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:30 PM   #33
Rock Stacker

some great stuff in here! have to post up some pics of mine this weekend.

Anyone have a replacement option for the front CV axles in the barrage (short of upgrading the entire axle to Axials)? I have a customers truck on the bench with a stripped set screw that retains the CV pin and unfortunately, the CV axles are currently back-ordered from Horizon (Part number ECX212025) I suppose I can use some CA to affix the CV pin temporarily but I hate to do things halfway on a customers truck.
bob_suruncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:47 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_suruncle View Post
some great stuff in here! have to post up some pics of mine this weekend.

Anyone have a replacement option for the front CV axles in the barrage (short of upgrading the entire axle to Axials)? I have a customers truck on the bench with a stripped set screw that retains the CV pin and unfortunately, the CV axles are currently back-ordered from Horizon (Part number ECX212025) I suppose I can use some CA to affix the CV pin temporarily but I hate to do things halfway on a customers truck.
That seems like the only issue I've heard about the barrage besides the servo. There is https://www.shapeways.com/shops/dravtech
The wrapter adapter would be the best bet without changing axles and get steering to boot. Plus the 4 link plates work to 4 link it too. Which will help with torque twist too.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:21 AM   #35
RCC Addict

https://www.scalerfab.com/products/1...ge-rear-bumper

Found these this morning along with a front bumper and silders. Scalerfab is now making. Also been thinking about changing bodies. I'm leaning towards the rj speed 80's crawler pick up (jeep cj8 scrambler) since with new axles and tires I've previously bought will look great with it plus Scaler fab armor would be perfect for a stretched scrambler build. Been looking in to scramblers since finding the rj speed body which has a wb of 9.5" the rgt has a 9.8"- 10" wb.

As seen in pics of body something would better will need to be done with the bed.

Last edited by hillbillyrc; 01-05-2017 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:37 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Moving in the right direction have some random links coming hopefully I can make things work to get the everest axle under the chassis and get things mocked up.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:36 AM   #37
RCC Addict

Waiting for links still, but I have some axle parts in hand and waiting for one more package. Strc lockouts and axles, along with a hot racing spool and HD underdrive gears all ment for a scx10 but will fit the everest axles with a little work.

For the front axle will be HD overdrive gears, lockuprc heavyweight FI locker and cvds, not sure on the c-hubs but been eyeing the tss brass knuckles.

Last edited by hillbillyrc; 01-14-2017 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:10 AM   #38
RCC Addict

Little mock up to see what I'm getting in to. Well need shocks go figure. Also need to come up with a cms to many issues with a axle mounted servo. I'm using the stock lower links and swapped the axle side rod ends in came up with. No upper links and stock drivelines work need to trim them though don't get full range of movement cause the drivelines bottom out.

Just a pic of those goodies that never really get to see once installed.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:23 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Everest 10 diff and pinion

Axial pinion

Spool and ud gears in everest axle with everest bearings and hardware (hardware is long and needs shortened but for mock up its fine.) Going have to shim the ring gear a tiny bit and the pinion more than I expected

Still waiting on lockout and axles to finish the rear axialfied everest 10 axle.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:34 AM   #40
RCC Addict

Got most of my parts to finish mocking up, got my lockouts and axles shafts to finish the rear axle well beside grease and shims and all that fun stuff. And was updated this morning my level3rc 4 link mount and rear bumper mount will be here next week.

Once that's done figure out a cms and pan hard. Not sure if I want to do a 3 link or stay 4 link. Also some sort of front mount motor would be nice.

Last edited by hillbillyrc; 01-20-2017 at 07:38 AM.