Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: No HPI Venture

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2017, 10:56 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Yes HPI Venture

All because of all the money they owed to Ken Block........ Well not anytime soon.... That was from a credible source..... This guy told me a whole lotta shit.... Boggled my mind..... Glad I went.....

Last edited by Frank211; 09-26-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2017, 12:02 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: No HPI Venture

???
Rockatanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:49 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

You seem to be getting info left and right!
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:40 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
You seem to be getting info left and right!
The benefits of respectful men in the business...... You can believe or not...like I said can't quote me..... To each there own...
I read all the he said she said on the forums.....I got the facts......✌
Old 05-07-2017, 03:51 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Until someone loans them the money....the'll be obsolete.....
Old 05-07-2017, 04:22 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I don't see all that tooling & R&D going to waste. It Might get pushed back another year or less. If anything, why not sell the platform to another manufacturer?
txbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:45 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Except for the fact that rpp posted a link in the vendors section to pre-order the venture. I don't believe rpp to scam anyone so it seems like it might be out sooner than we think.
Ghonda99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:51 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Tower has it available for pre-orde as well.
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:19 PM   #9
RCC Addict

All I was doing is relaying what a credible person in the industry said.... Nothing else....feld motorsports was going to have monster HPI energy, after traxxas. when that didn't happen this ken block dilemma came about hpi owed millions to him ... Like I said, not trying to disappoint, just sharing what one said..... A nice conversation and so happen I ask about certain comapnys like hpi and axial....why would one lie , just for the **** of it..... No disrespect to anyone ,just lucky to talk to certain people in the industry.....
Old 05-07-2017, 07:11 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I did notice that Tower had the date listed as May and now it says Late June..
norco kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:27 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by norco kid View Post
I did notice that Tower had the date listed as May and now it says Late June..
Even if it is late June before they are available, it implies that the first batch is either in production or manufactured, packaged, & on a boat to the U.S.

I guess HPI could have given retailers an overly optimistic release date. It does seem a little weird that there's no product pics other than the stuff that's over a year old.

Pushing the release back to Christmas time would be ideal since most of the Traxxas frenzy will have died off by then. But then if Axial has something mind blowing in the works, it'll probably take up that time slot.

Last edited by txbart; 05-07-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:34 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Oh, I get that you're just relaying what was said. some of it just doesn't add up. most R/C endorsement contracts are in the tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands like with the monster jam contracts, but not millions. companies the size of HPI would be lucky to have tens of millions in sales, globally. Blocks contract would be a substantial amount of their total budget, not taking into account what the Net is. I've had misinformation from shops and reps before, especially when the whole HPI buyout started. Look at the Traxxas buyout rumor, there are still people in the industry that swear traxxas was going to buy HPI, but an acquaintance of mine at traxxas that I used to race with laughed and told me that never happened.

Point is, in your second post you said "I got the facts" but in this industry there are a lot of rumors that go around and are taken as Gospel Truth before they're verified, evn by people in the industry.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:52 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Whatever the case.... Why would one lie, about something like that....I know the new guy comes in says shit that many won't like, I like asking questions to found out the truth, from all the rumours from the net, I got it from the top dog, well one of them...I don't need to lie, don't know y'all...the guy that i was talking to, i said what about AXIAL, you like to know, just ask the man right there, so I asked him all these ruomors about AXIAL and what he told me is what I posted.....
Old 05-07-2017, 08:59 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbart View Post
Pushing the release back to Christmas time would be ideal since most of the Traxxas frenzy will have died off by then. But then if Axial has something mind blowing in the works, it'll probably take up that time slot.
i think hpi would do good to release that thing asap... axials are not available and it will be very tempting next to the traxxas thats 100 bucks more.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:33 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
i think hpi would do good to release that thing asap... axials are not available and it will be very tempting next to the traxxas thats 100 bucks more.
Yeah, at this point they just need to move product to regain their relevance in the industry.

As far as the post showing axial saying they just switched factories, I'm not sure I believe their response. Why would they willingly switch vendors right in the middle of what could be two of the biggest releases in the crawler market? It leaves them wide open and vulnerable to a big loss in sales for the scx10 II.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:39 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by makya View Post
Yeah, at this point they just need to move product to regain their relevance in the industry.

As far as the post showing axial saying they just switched factories, I'm not sure I believe their response. Why would they willingly switch vendors right in the middle of what could be two of the biggest releases in the crawler market? It leaves them wide open and vulnerable to a big loss in sales for the scx10 II.
I think I read that Axial's original manufacturing partner went bankrupt, & that is what prompted them to set up somewhere else.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:51 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbart View Post
I think I read that Axial's original manufacturing partner went bankrupt, & that is what prompted them to set up somewhere else.
I've read that too, along with "the factory burned down", " The Chinese government shut them down" "they got bought out from Hobbico" "the molds are in limbo" etc...

I wouldn't be surprised if it was an amalgam of some of those rumors, I.E.: chinese vendor went under, and the chinese government shut down the factory and has some or all of the molds. a large part of industry and commerce over there is leveraged by their government, so who knows what happened over there unless Axial comes forth and tells us, which doesn't seem like it's going to happen.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:23 PM   #18
RCC Addict

[IMG][/IMG]
From tower hobbies ...... New owner
Old 05-09-2017, 03:38 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Ripmax bought HPI up a while ago. Been a while sorting everything out. I'm sure they had a lot of cleanup to do.

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/article/view/2016053101
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:00 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

What if I told you the manufacturer for Axial was HPI? Hmmmm
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote

No HPI Venture - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HPI Venture Toyota FJ Cruiser RTR - Pre-order Yours Now! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 3 05-25-2017 09:20 AM
Hpi "Venture" FJ Cruiser Wade General Crawlers 1 01-28-2016 09:56 PM
Video of new HPI Venture, Lots more details!! Capwn General Scale Talk 4 01-27-2016 06:56 PM
Another venture. aubie Chit Chat 6 12-25-2005 05:35 AM