Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: D90 body RC4wd vs china

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2017, 11:25 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default D90 body RC4wd vs china

Does anybody know the difference between the Rc4wd D90 body and the Xtraspeed and team Raffe. Is there some difference in size and do they all fit the Gelande chassis?
Desmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2017, 08:04 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: D90 body RC4wd vs china

I believe the chinese version is a direct knockoff of the rc4wd. I have thechinese version and all of the sets parts came attached to the same sprues or bagged together as they would if ordering seperate part sets from rc4wd (ie chrome grill and headlight covers together, etc).

If you buy this version you are planning on using the rear plastic mudflaps / bumper?, the peice did not line up with the mounting holes and will need modification. I did not use mine.

Also chinese version does not have graphic packaging or instructions. They are online on rc4wd, but incomplete. Not that I am using them, but I still have no clue how to mount the include chrome plastic sliders / side steps. Part of the mold is a large chrome square that makes the parts appear unmountable, plus they don't line up with any holes on the body.
MrBlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:30 AM   #3
SSD
RCC Addict

Actually the original D90 bodies sold by everybody (rc4wd, ebay sellers etc...) were all from the same factory. That body came from a toy manufacturer and it happened to be the right size for RC trucks. I dont remember who started selling them as RC bodies first but the Gelande and Gelande II (desgned by me) was designed around the body (not the other way around).
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:29 PM   #4
Dbx
Quarry Creeper

The Team Raffee Defender is a different thing. The body is wider. It's more detailed, has the opening doors and bonnet etc, comprehensive interior. It's quite a beast.
You can see my pickup version here
Scx10ii with Land Rover D90 body
Dbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:15 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD View Post
Actually the original D90 bodies sold by everybody (rc4wd, ebay sellers etc...) were all from the same factory. That body came from a toy manufacturer and it happened to be the right size for RC trucks. I dont remember who started selling them as RC bodies first but the Gelande and Gelande II (desgned by me) was designed around the body (not the other way around).
I've been a Defender owner for the last 25 years and remember there was a d90 toy truck. I think it also was sold from Land Rover here in europe. That has to be the same body I think.
Desmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:22 PM   #6
SSD
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlank View Post
I believe the chinese version is a direct knockoff of the rc4wd. I have thechinese version and all of the sets parts came attached to the same sprues or bagged together as they would if ordering seperate part sets from rc4wd (ie chrome grill and headlight covers together, etc).

If you buy this version you are planning on using the rear plastic mudflaps / bumper?, the peice did not line up with the mounting holes and will need modification. I did not use mine.

Also chinese version does not have graphic packaging or instructions. They are online on rc4wd, but incomplete. Not that I am using them, but I still have no clue how to mount the include chrome plastic sliders / side steps. Part of the mold is a large chrome square that makes the parts appear unmountable, plus they don't line up with any holes on the body.

Yes, there are a bunch of unusable bits when you get the full body set.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:23 PM   #7
SSD
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
I've been a Defender owner for the last 25 years and remember there was a d90 toy truck. I think it also was sold from Land Rover here in europe. That has to be the same body I think.
Yes, sounds likely.