Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: FPV Threads and Information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2017, 04:48 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default FPV Threads and Information

Hi guys, are there any threads with topic of FPV being discussed? I'm looking to build a setup for one of my old crawlers, and have found information off-site but looking to see what members here have done. I have tried searching but having issues getting what I am looking for and I haven't seen a section devoted to FPV.

Thanks.
93yjpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2017, 09:11 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: FPV Threads and Information

I don't believe there is.

I'm currently assembling parts to make one of my crawlers into an FPV rig, but so far I know basically nothing other than what the local FPV quad racing guys tell me.
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:44 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Go to youtube and do a search for RC car FPV.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:48 PM   #4

i just started searching for fpv info too and it would be a cool section to add and chat about
Brappsicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 12:11 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I came to the RC Crawling world from planes, specifically fixed wing FPV. I bought a Wraith Spawn exclusively to build an FPV Rover. Was a super fun project. Shortly thereafter I got sucked into the scale Crawling and trailing scene and here I am now, the owner 2 SCX10s, a Wraith, and a Bomber for Scale Ultra running.

I've moved on from the FPV truck, but still regularly fly my FPV birds.

Any specific questions y'all got I'd be happy to field and share resources. I'm a total nerd about this shiz and love to spread good knowledge and share ideas.

And yes, an FPV section would be a super cool addition to the Forum. Terrestrial FPV is quite challenging, super stimulating and very rewarding.

Peace,
-PJ
Pushjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:32 AM   #6

I haven't done it on a crawler yet (parts are on the boat ride over!!), but I did do an FPV setup on my Stampede 4x4 a while back. That setup was a bit cumbersome because of the piece-meal setup I chose, but using it was a ton of fun. Just driving around my back yard was a whole new adventure because everything looks different when you're looking from a camera that's 5" off the ground. Eventually I want to revisit the FPV idea on our faster vehicles so that my kids and I can do some FPV racing in the back yard.

I just ordered a new batch of parts to try out that should be a whole lot less cumbersome than the first setup. I picked up a small Eachine camera/tx combo (as opposed to the separate camera & tx that I used on the Stampede) and an Eachine Bluetooth receiver that can port the video right to my phone (instead of the last time that I tried to strap a huge receiver & 3S battery to the DIY Hobbyking goggles). Again, simplification. I'm excited to try it again.

I would love to see an FPV forum here, but until that happens, check out the "Ground pounders" forum on FPVlab.com. It's not a fast moving forum, but there's a wealth of incredibly good information there about setups, and a lot of info about increasing range to pretty impressive distances.

http://fpvlab.com/forums/forumdispla...ROUND-POUNDERS

Last edited by Jim85IROC; 01-08-2018 at 07:38 AM.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote

FPV Threads and Information - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Definitive ESC, MOTOR, and BATTERY threads - RCC's top tech threads! badger Electronics 3 07-02-2011 03:51 PM
For your information 666 Colorado 8 04-10-2010 11:47 AM
Need information tarmo120 Newbie General 6 04-02-2010 03:39 PM
Definitive Radio, Power Wiring, BEC and Servo Threads-- RCC's Top Tech Threads! JohnRobHolmes Electronics 0 11-08-2007 07:09 PM