Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Its been awhile!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2017, 08:30 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Its been awhile!

Hey guys...

Its been several years now since I sold my last crawler and all my stuff.. Lately Ive been missing it quite a bit.. Ive been out with a buddy a couple times in the last years using one of his extra rigs and that alone makes me want back in!

So here I am now looking at buying a new rig.. In the past Ive used mainly a SCX10.

Im looking at either buying the SCX10 II of the TRX-4 in the next month or so.. My buddy has both and says they are both super capable trucks but Im leaning towards the TRX mainly on the looks of it.

Thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated..
BCCrawlerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2017, 09:05 AM   #2

Default Re: Its been awhile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCCrawlerZ View Post
Hey guys...

Its been several years now since I sold my last crawler and all my stuff.. Lately Ive been missing it quite a bit.. Ive been out with a buddy a couple times in the last years using one of his extra rigs and that alone makes me want back in!

So here I am now looking at buying a new rig.. In the past Ive used mainly a SCX10.

Im looking at either buying the SCX10 II of the TRX-4 in the next month or so.. My buddy has both and says they are both super capable trucks but Im leaning towards the TRX mainly on the looks of it.

Thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated..
The trx4 is a great truck but there isn't any replacement parts out for it yet and the scx10 has tons and tons of spare parts and upgrades available for it so in my option the scx10 is the better choice at the moment

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:47 AM   #3
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Been saving your money from not buying so many ketchup chips?

Its a tough toss up. The SCX10ii is lighter and more nimble, but the TRX is quite fun to bash around and still quite capable. Suspension on both is quite dialed for a RTR rig, better than our old comp rigs were.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:50 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I think Im gonna go with the TRX-4 for the locking diffs, 2 speed, scaleness of it... My buddy has a machine shop and he is already making parts for the rig so thats always a plus! RTR out of the box is nice also as I can get going right away and upgrade along the way!
Old 10-10-2017, 10:40 PM   #5
RCC Addict

The SCX10/SCX10 II is a great old platform if that's what you want. But once people have a chance to modify/refine/tune it, and once the aftermarket part suppliers have a chance to develope parts for it, the TRX-4 is going to change the scale crawling hobby.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:04 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thats my thinking too.. And Ive had several of the original SCX10... so something new is the way to go... And knowing me once I get back into this I wont just have one rig so a SCX10 II will probably be in the future or whatever axial eventually releases next! lol
Old 10-14-2017, 04:50 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Well I got out today with my good buddy from Exile RC and got to drive his TRX-4 all day and man I am totally sold on it... I cant get over how capable of a rig it is... I had a smile on my face the whole day!

Its been awhile! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's been awhile! losicrawler2 Indiana 2 12-18-2016 04:18 PM
Its been awhile.. epic_username Axial AX-10 Scorpion 8 08-02-2013 08:17 PM
so it's been awhile!! sococrawler Electronics 0 04-05-2011 04:32 PM
Need some help, been out of this for awhile. C_Money General Crawlers 7 05-20-2009 10:46 AM