Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: rollback bed - looking for inputs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2017, 10:53 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default rollback bed - looking for inputs

I think one of my next projects is going to be a 10x10 with a flatbed that has a rollback/tilt capability. I've been doing some searching on rcc and there are a few examples but thanks to our favorite friends at photobucket many of the pics no longer exist.

I did see one thread that looks a lot like how i was thinking of making it work. scania 8x8x4 beast
seems like semijoe hasn't been active for awhile (dropped him a pm with a few questions) so i was hoping others might also be able to provide advice.

in the end i want a lift bed that will be capable of handling a heavy (~10lb) scaler. most likely using a screw drive for the slide with some transition to tilt.

Last edited by jebster; 12-04-2017 at 11:09 AM.
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2017, 11:26 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: rollback bed - looking for inputs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebster View Post
I think one of my next projects is going to be a 10x10 with a flatbed that has a rollback/tilt capability. I've been doing some searching on rcc and there are a few examples but thanks to our favorite friends at photobucket many of the pics no longer exist.

I did see one thread that looks a lot like how i was thinking of making it work. scania 8x8x4 beast
seems like semijoe hasn't been active for awhile (dropped him a pm with a few questions) so i was hoping others might also be able to provide advice.

in the end i want a lift bed that will be capable of handling a heavy (~10lb) scaler. most likely using a screw drive for the slide with some transition to tilt.
There is a plugin for Firefox and chrome that lets photobucket pictures work again. Also there's a few examples of RC rollbacks on YouTube. The best one IMO is the one with the 1/8 Camaro with it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 02:56 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
There is a plugin for Firefox and chrome that lets photobucket pictures work again. Also there's a few examples of RC rollbacks on YouTube. The best one IMO is the one with the 1/8 Camaro with it.

usually working from a phone or tablet so the plugin option won't work (if that can be done on a phone it is beyond my limited technological skillset!).

I have been looking at youtube and there are some examples. really at the point of getting specific on parts used. if you have a link to the video you noted that would be helpful
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:48 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebster View Post
usually working from a phone or tablet so the plugin option won't work (if that can be done on a phone it is beyond my limited technological skillset!).

I have been looking at youtube and there are some examples. really at the point of getting specific on parts used. if you have a link to the video you noted that would be helpful
For chrome Android I don't know of a plugin, but if you install the Firefox plugin it works for Android. I use Tapatalk for Android and if a photobucket picture doesn't work I just click the open in browser option and choose Firefox.
As far as rollback parts every one I've seen is custom built with mostly hand made parts.

Old 12-04-2017, 06:20 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

This video shows in depth how his was made. Easy to duplicate setup IMO.
https://youtu.be/7NR2XJhY-uo

Old 12-04-2017, 07:37 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

jeb, Mike490 did a 1/8 International Rollback in the "Large Scale Rigs" section, and while most of his stills were on photobucket, there are a couple YouTube videos, one of which is on page 3, post 55 of his build, his name is Michael Blazer, you might just be able to look up his clips, There are a couple other videos on the same youtube page.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:34 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Mike's build is easily the most impressive rollback. I didn't include his videos because I don't remember seeing anything that showed how the setup was built, I believe he had pictures in the FB group and in his thread though.
https://youtu.be/YFwRyTktzts

rollback bed - looking for inputs - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial SCX10 MIP's with WB8 inputs/outputs? Zeus.:God Newbie General 1 01-23-2012 08:46 PM
Business owners, Looking for inputs. xgerstandtx Chit Chat 10 07-24-2011 04:24 AM
Rollback shizzz Axial AX-10 Scorpion 6 11-15-2010 06:55 PM
What rock crawler to get? Need inputs! nos2k Newbie General 22 09-21-2010 07:02 PM
Rollback re-do microgoat General Scale Talk 2 09-15-2010 10:29 AM