Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2019, 12:45 PM   #21

Default Re: TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
never said i wouldnt own a trx4, im waiting on the right chassis kit tyoe setup as im not a fan of any of the offered bodies on rtr and their kit still isnt exactly what id want.

but to piggyback your point, not giving the gen 8 a chance based on old stereotypes is no different than the ford reference.

You'll never get everyone to be a fan of any particular product in a market where so many options exist. Someone may just not like a single particular feature and get a bad taste in their mouth, its hard to tell. For me, I prefered the gen8 body and the 60 dollars savings out of the box over the trx4 sport. I don't like the body, i don't like the wheels and tires, I couldn't use any existing batteries I own with it without changing the connector type. These were all factors for me when deciding what to purchase. The pro the trx4 had was the obvious aftermarket support and less "what ifs" having seen so many rave about the trx4. In the end, I was ok with some questions and having a body I actually liked. I was let down with the foams, I didn't end up using the wheels and tires, but I will on something, they're pretty nice, but so far the gen 8 has blown me away. I've heard many talk about how top heavy the body is, and thats just not the case for me. Its sidehilling and pulling lines very nimble scx10s are pulling. I don't run with anyone who utilizes any of the trx4 on a regular basis so I can't make comparison there and I'm objective to say maybe it would blow us all out of the water, but maybe not. I'll own one at some point when the right version of the kit comes along, I'm not a traxxas hater, more of a gen 8 defender.
No argument from me on any point there.

Which body or iteration would make you pull the trigger on the TRX-4?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2019, 12:48 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Just saw where they are releasing a blazer now as well
goobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:52 AM   #23
RCC Addict

Now I'm interested in a TRx4.
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote

TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX-4 sport/Bronco kit BrianP Traxxas TRX-4 19 10-27-2018 07:31 AM
TRX-4 Sport 4RunnerKid Traxxas TRX-4 104 08-29-2018 08:59 PM
Traxxas trx 4 sport vs redcat gen 7 sport part 2! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 08-03-2018 06:31 AM
Traxxas trx 4 sport vs redcat gen 7 sport! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 07-23-2018 07:19 AM