Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk
Loading

Notices

Thread: TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2019, 06:11 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: AU
Posts: 309
Default TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

This one seems to either be a slip up from RPP hobby or they are the official breakers of news!



https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/tra82010-4.htm


No electronics and all of the body accesssories!
nedmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2019, 06:58 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,360
Default Re: TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

Awesome! What I've been waiting for!
soze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:05 PM   #3
Where's my hammer!
 
kincer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Apollo Pa
Posts: 1,175
Default Re: TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

So it happened again lol, a bunch of posts just gone!
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:12 PM   #4
Rock Crawler
 
indybama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: US
Posts: 761
Default Re: TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

Wat the crap? Whered all the comments go?

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:28 PM   #5
Where's my hammer!
 
kincer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Apollo Pa
Posts: 1,175
Default Re: TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Wat the crap? Whered all the comments go?

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk


I thought the same thing, there’s two threads on this lol


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:06 PM   #6
Rock Crawler
 
indybama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: US
Posts: 761
Default Re: TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
I thought the same thing, there’s two threads on this lol


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
With the same title? Lol

I gotta start savin my pennies, i want one of these. Traxxas done a good job with this one

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:08 PM   #7
Rock Crawler
 
indybama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: US
Posts: 761
Default Re: TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

Lust realized the difference lol... One is sport kit, the other is sport 'assymbily' kit

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:03 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: AU
Posts: 309
Default Re: TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

What, I didnt see any posts about it in ANY Topics. I searched! Because I hate duplicate threads!
nedmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:06 AM   #9
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Suffolk
Posts: 531
Default Re: TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

I’m in. Finally have an excuse to jump on the TRX-4 bandwagon.
JDM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:57 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 10,590
Default Re: TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
So it happened again lol, a bunch of posts just gone!
You'd think they would delete duplicate threads instead of random posts.

Somebody is either on their period or they're drunk moderating.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:23 AM   #11
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: pasadena, tx
Posts: 1,097
Default Re: TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Lust realized the difference lol... One is sport kit, the other is sport 'assymbily' kit

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
Just googled, all i see is an assembly kit.
goobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:07 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stevensville
Posts: 3,278
Default Re: TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

Now they just need to get rid of the body, scale accessories and wheels tires and sell it for $179 and I would be in!
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:14 AM   #13
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Land of burning couches
Posts: 852
Default Re: TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
Now they just need to get rid of the body, scale accessories and wheels tires and sell it for $179 and I would be in!
you just described the redcat gen 8 chassis kit haha
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:19 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 10,590
Default Re: TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
Now they just need to get rid of the body, scale accessories and wheels tires and sell it for $179 and I would be in!
Yeah I wish they didn't include the body, wheels and tires, but they did. The good thing is that tou'll be able to sell the body, wheels and tires for $75 easily or more if you're patient. That makes this a $200 TRX-4 Sport chassis kit which is absolute steal!

I wanna build this, but I might miss the remote locking diffs. I don't need the 2-speed, but the diffs are so fun and come in handy when you use them as a "dig".


Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
you just described the redcat gen 8 chassis kit haha
Minus the Traxxas quality and that's a huge strike against the Redcat.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:47 AM   #15
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Land of burning couches
Posts: 852
Default Re: TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Minus the Traxxas quality and that's a huge strike against the Redcat.
I've had far less issues with my redcat, a total of zero, than I've ever had with ANY of the traxxas vehicles I've had. I'm not a redcat fanboy, in fact before this one I refused to own one, but this particular one has made me believer in at the very least, this model of redcat. Not buying something because of the name on it is as bad as buying something simply because of the label I think anymore.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:52 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 10,590
Default Re: TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
I've had far less issues with my redcat, a total of zero, than I've ever had with ANY of the traxxas vehicles I've had. I'm not a redcat fanboy, in fact before this one I refused to own one, but this particular one has made me believer in at the very least, this model of redcat. Not buying something because of the name on it is as bad as buying something simply because of the label I think anymore.
Do you have a TRX-4?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:57 AM   #17
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Land of burning couches
Posts: 852
Default Re: TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Do you have a TRX-4?
no I don't, hence I said traxxas vehicles, not TRX4. You mentioned traxxas quality, not TRX4 quality. Furthermore, I simply said lonelycreeper explained the redcat gen 8 chassis kit, and never mentioned trx4 being better, worse, or indifferent, just that something existed in that pricepoint he mentioned. You won't see me say the redcat is better than the trx4 sport because I don't know that. I can say what I like about my redcat, I can say I've had quality issues with traxxas products and none from the gen 8, but don't be like my wife and look further into comments than what are in writing
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 11:08 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 10,590
Default Re: TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
no I don't, hence I said traxxas vehicles, not TRX4. You mentioned traxxas quality, not TRX4 quality. Furthermore, I simply said lonelycreeper explained the redcat gen 8 chassis kit, and never mentioned trx4 being better, worse, or indifferent, just that something existed in that pricepoint he mentioned. You won't see me say the redcat is better than the trx4 sport because I don't know that. I can say what I like about my redcat, I can say I've had quality issues with traxxas products and none from the gen 8, but don't be like my wife and look further into comments than what are in writing
Not reading into it. The TRX-4 is an extremely high quality vehicle. Don't just lump it in with a Stampede. I can't think of any other scale crawler that is made better out of the box. The TRX-4 is the new king and I don't know any sane person that would argue with that.

Honestly, if you refuse to buy a TRX-4 simply because it's a Traxxas you're only preventing yourself from the joy of owning the best truck on the market. And it won't be long until it surpasses the SCX10 II as the vehicle with the most aftermarket support.

Not owning a TRX-4 because you have issues with your Stampede (as an example) is like me saying I'm not going to buy a Ford because the Pinto was a garbage vehicle and a fire hazard. Things have changed in 20 years.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 12:27 PM   #19
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Land of burning couches
Posts: 852
Default Re: TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post

Not owning a TRX-4 because you have issues with your Stampede (as an example) is like me saying I'm not going to buy a Ford because the Pinto was a garbage vehicle and a fire hazard. Things have changed in 20 years.
never said i wouldnt own a trx4, im waiting on the right chassis kit tyoe setup as im not a fan of any of the offered bodies on rtr and their kit still isnt exactly what id want.

but to piggyback your point, not giving the gen 8 a chance based on old stereotypes is no different than the ford reference.

You'll never get everyone to be a fan of any particular product in a market where so many options exist. Someone may just not like a single particular feature and get a bad taste in their mouth, its hard to tell. For me, I prefered the gen8 body and the 60 dollars savings out of the box over the trx4 sport. I don't like the body, i don't like the wheels and tires, I couldn't use any existing batteries I own with it without changing the connector type. These were all factors for me when deciding what to purchase. The pro the trx4 had was the obvious aftermarket support and less "what ifs" having seen so many rave about the trx4. In the end, I was ok with some questions and having a body I actually liked. I was let down with the foams, I didn't end up using the wheels and tires, but I will on something, they're pretty nice, but so far the gen 8 has blown me away. I've heard many talk about how top heavy the body is, and thats just not the case for me. Its sidehilling and pulling lines very nimble scx10s are pulling. I don't run with anyone who utilizes any of the trx4 on a regular basis so I can't make comparison there and I'm objective to say maybe it would blow us all out of the water, but maybe not. I'll own one at some point when the right version of the kit comes along, I'm not a traxxas hater, more of a gen 8 defender.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 12:28 PM   #20
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: pasadena, tx
Posts: 1,097
Default Re: TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit!

had my LHS put one on order for me...wonder what ill get first this or my SBK
goobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX-4 sport/Bronco kit BrianP Traxxas TRX-4 19 10-27-2018 07:31 AM
TRX-4 Sport 4RunnerKid Traxxas TRX-4 104 08-29-2018 08:59 PM
Traxxas trx 4 sport vs redcat gen 7 sport part 2! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 08-03-2018 06:31 AM
Traxxas trx 4 sport vs redcat gen 7 sport! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 07-23-2018 07:19 AM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com