RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Scale Talk (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-scale-talk/)
-   -   Did you know? VP Kit (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-scale-talk/608797-did-you-know-vp-kit.html)

Frank211 05-18-2019 11:18 PM

Did you know? VP Kit

VP is coming out with a kit.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f3022b9537.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...22a8e4b1c6.jpg

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Frank211 05-18-2019 11:19 PM

Re: Did you know? VP Kit

Another pichttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...689028defb.jpg

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Teng 05-19-2019 04:49 PM

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shinchu 05-19-2019 05:30 PM

Okay okay just...

My wallet is screaming in terror...

But is there a big advantage to this? Really curious how rails skid and shock towers are worth it?
Maybe if you get this and get all the rest piece by piece?
I just can't see anybody reasonably buying an scx10 and this.
Seems they are trying to beat SSD but missing the point?

Also frank I hope you all are staying dry out there.

txbart 05-19-2019 05:44 PM

Yep, if they had produced the axles in molded nylon/plastic, then they’d have something. Or maybe invested in the tooling to produce the ripper cage & body for budget minded folks.

crawlnyc 05-19-2019 05:46 PM

I don't think it's worth it unless it comes at a really nice price. And even that I don't see it as a huge improvement over a stock scx10 chassis. It looks like they might be gone back to plastic supports (but beefier). I wonder what the price point is going to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank211 05-20-2019 08:43 AM

Video
https://youtu.be/cBnWiyBc9sU

FordSpeed 05-20-2019 08:53 AM

Looks pretty nice! The Vanquish website says it's $109.99. Not a bad price for everything you get considering what you'd have to pay for just a set of laser cut frame rails.

txbart 05-20-2019 08:58 AM

Ok, so will there be a solution for those that don’t want that fuel cell hanging off the back?

Browneye 05-20-2019 11:00 AM

Frank is the news guy... "thumbsup"
Missed you at PLBF.

Fantastic event. Overflowing with fun. :mrgreen:

mikemcE 05-20-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txbart (Post 5936076)
Ok, so will there be a solution for those that don’t want that fuel cell hanging off the back?

Buy an SCX10ii frame.

This is a high clearance frame, with the included battery tray it’s a great upgrade. As I built both a VS4 and a Raw the differences are there. It’s really all about what YOU want.

Hang up and Drive

Crazed 05-20-2019 12:06 PM

How much will this frame setup help?

odomandr 05-20-2019 12:09 PM

there has been little discussion on the improvements on the chassis geometry. I do see that it is a higher clearance than an scx10 but what about the lean of the skid or the rise? any numbers or discussion on how it improves>

Brandon 05-20-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinchu (Post 5935948)
Okay okay just...

My wallet is screaming in terror...

But is there a big advantage to this? Really curious how rails skid and shock towers are worth it?
Maybe if you get this and get all the rest piece by piece?
I just can't see anybody reasonably buying an scx10 and this.
Seems they are trying to beat SSD but missing the point?

Also frank I hope you all are staying dry out there.

The VS4-10 Chassis Kit is an option part for the SCX10II. I think SSD is doing a builders Kit? 2 Completely different products.

Regarding the advantages, here are a few:
  • Machined Panhard Mount
  • High Clearance Rails
  • More Uptravel
  • Stiffness
  • Accepts offset axles and provides the necessary clearances for full travel with offset front axle
  • Aluminum battery tray
  • Additional upper link mounting positions
  • A direct swap / bolt in solution for an aftermarket SCX10 Chassis (Most plate style chassis require a lot of work) And its the first C-Channel option?
  • Rigid solution for mounting Vanquish sliders and aftermarket sliders with this bolt pattern (Origin sliders bolt on for example)
  • Servo and Winch mount
  • Winch cable routing

I could go on. The biggest thing we focused on was chassis stiffness and versatility. Everyone that came by the Vanquish booth at BTF was able to put their hands on it and try to twist the frame to see how stiff it really was (dont take that out of context :ror:)

Brandon 05-20-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawlnyc (Post 5935957)
I don't think it's worth it unless it comes at a really nice price. And even that I don't see it as a huge improvement over a stock scx10 chassis. It looks like they might be gone back to plastic supports (but beefier). I wonder what the price point is going to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$109.99 "thumbsup"

JoFreak 05-20-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawlnyc (Post 5935957)
It looks like they might be gone back to plastic supports (but beefier).

I wonder/worry if the full VS4-10 origin kits will get downgraded to (now stiffer) plastic braces again, since they initially were intended to be sold like that?

Brandon 05-20-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoFreak (Post 5936207)
I wonder/worry if the full VS4-10 origin kits will get downgraded to (now stiffer) plastic braces again, since they initially were intended to be sold like that?

The VS4-10 Origin Kits will not change. The Origin machined bumpers mount inside the frame rails. These new molded chassis components for the chassis kit accept standard post style bumpers.

JoFreak 05-20-2019 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon (Post 5936214)
The VS4-10 Origin Kits will not change. The Origin machined bumpers mount inside the frame rails. These new molded chassis components for the chassis kit accept standard post style bumpers.

Good to hear, thanks Brandon!
Now I only need to finish my current ~4 builds and I can finally get a VS4-10 (origin + chassis kit that is) :mrgreen:

Brandon 05-20-2019 04:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Some of the product photos from the site. "thumbsup"

mond 05-21-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon (Post 5936214)

Can you sell these molded plastic parts please.i have a VS4-10 and fitting aftermarket bumpers is a pain. Also, I want that electronics box.