Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Vanquish VS4-10 Pro vs SSD RC Trail King Pro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2019, 10:03 PM   #21
Gold Star Baby!

Default Re: Vanquish VS4-10 Pro vs SSD RC Trail King Pro

With any rc4wd rtr, it’s best to tear them down to the last screw and fully rebuild them.

The reason many of us recommend the marlin over the normal Tf2 is it has some good improvements, such as yota 2 axles, that make for an overall better rig.

Here’s a quote from a member that was quite successful with a marlin, winning comps out here with a mostly stock marlin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
I'll normally buy kits when I have the option, but in this case I say go with the RTR Marlin. The Marlin is far superior to any other TF2. The steering alone makes the truck so much more enjoyable to drive. Then you get the bonus of better clearance from the skid, and better approach and departure angles from the body. The tires and wheels that come with the Marlin are also pretty good. I have not been happy with the other two TF2s that I have owned (long and normal wheelbase kits) but love my Marlin.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2019, 10:19 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
With any rc4wd rtr, it’s best to tear them down to the last screw and fully rebuild them.

The reason many of us recommend the marlin over the normal Tf2 is it has some good improvements, such as yota 2 axles, that make for an overall better rig.
Thank you for the advice/suggestion...I do honestly mean that. Also, I do plan on upgrading to the Yota 2 axles. As for the "upgraded" skid, it wouldn't do me any good, as I've already acquired the GCM tranny w/ LRT2 T-case. Since it reposition the T-case, I have to get a skid specifically designed for use with the LRT2 T-case). Likewise, the Marlin's rims probably couldn't be used, as they don't go with the Landcruiser body (gonna have to research those, to get something as close as possible to the original wheels). If you think about the detail I did on the first Capra, when I say, "I plan on taking the TF2 to a higher level", you kinda get an idea of what I mean.

I'll be reading, and rereading, several TF2 threads, to determine the best upgrades. Of one thing, I am very certain - the TF2 build will take, at minimum, several months, as my goal is to make it as detailed as I possibly can (for the body, I went with the Killerbodybidy LC70). As my plan is to work on the TF2, while also building other kits, by the time the TF2 is complete, I'll have finished the Trail King Pro & Twin Hammers, and I might even have the second Capra complete (or close to it). I also have to finish my TLR 8ight-XE (the kit has been finished since before I started the Capra, but never got around to painting the body, plus I changed my mind on the ESC/motor, so need to swap those).

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 10:26 PM   #23
Gold Star Baby!

You got a lot of cool builds coming and sounds like a good plan for the TF2. Looking forward to seeing them come together
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 10:51 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
You got a lot of cool builds coming and sounds like a good plan for the TF2. Looking forward to seeing them come together
Now, what I need, is something to "display" them on. I don't want to put them "on display", but more of something that I can (sorta-kinda) "grab & go". Right now, with the exception of my 8ight-XE (currently stored in the top drawer of my WingTote case), and my 'converted' Rustler 4x4 (non-)VXL (currently stored in its own carrying case), all of my other vehicles are currently stored in individual cardboard boxes (storage-size boxes).

What I'd really like is something similar to how Exocaged RC, or Mark Santa Maria, keeps their vehicles. Unfortunately, until I clear up some space in the guest bedroom, there's no room for one. My plan, once the master BR is finished, is to turn the guest BR into the computer/VR/RC-workspace room...but, that's several months down the road, as the master BR has a long...VERY long...way to go.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote

Vanquish VS4-10 Pro vs SSD RC Trail King Pro - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SSD Trail King - Pro Scale Chassis - Price Drop! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 10-07-2019 10:30 AM
NEW SSD Trail King - Pro Scale Chassis - IN STOCK! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 07-12-2019 12:31 PM
Pre-Order Now!!! New SSD Trail King - Pro Scale Chassis! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 3 06-05-2019 08:34 AM
Yet another sneak peak of the NEW SSD Trail King Pro Scale Chassis! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 2 05-24-2019 04:08 PM
Coming Soon - NEW SSD Trail King - Pro Scale Chassis RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 2 05-19-2019 05:50 AM