Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Chassis Kit Suggestions/Recommendations for possible build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2020, 06:12 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Chassis Kit Suggestions/Recommendations for possible build

I may be stating the obvious, or something you’ve already considered, but what about buying to sets of chassis rails and grafting to get the length you need to accommodate the wheelbase your after? I know you stated you don’t have much in way of specialty tools, but a good ruler / micrometer takes care of the measure twice end of it, your dremel tool takes care of the cut once portion. Once you’ve got it mocked up to your specs, it should be easy enough to find someone to do some quick welds to solidly mate the whole deal up. (With regard to the cuts / grafting, you’d want to do staggered or stair stepped cuts to the sections you would intend to mate.) Plenty of youtube videos on this for the 1:1 world for examples.
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2020, 08:45 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

The desert lizard spring come with droop internal springs, so you can have a lower ride height and more drop out with heavy axles. Plus they have a ton of spring options in the package for tuning.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:55 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoobrew View Post
The desert lizard spring come with droop internal springs, so you can have a lower ride height and more drop out with heavy axles. Plus they have a ton of spring options in the package for tuning.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Oh, I know. I'm running them in my Capra, 90mm w/o droop (full-length soft springs in the front, medium in the rear), and they're fantastic.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote

Chassis Kit Suggestions/Recommendations for possible build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newb looking for kit completion recommendations revd13 Axial SCX10 II 2 10-18-2018 09:04 AM
Hello and looking for some help/recommendations for my Yeti kit build Rumpelhardt Axial Yeti 2 01-01-2017 06:59 PM
Turnbuckle kit recommendations saddlesore Axial Yeti 6 06-09-2016 08:08 AM
Want a 2-speed kit, recommendations? Blind General Crawlers 8 01-24-2015 12:42 AM
New to crawlin.. RC since 1989..... chassis/kit suggestions? 4drmopar Newbie General 3 07-06-2009 01:42 PM