Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Wpl c44 km

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2020, 05:16 PM   #1

Default Wpl c44 km

Just put this thing together and waiting for electronics.

My first venture into these litte things so I have no experience at all of the cheaper plastic kit and rtr versions but boy this is impressive for the price.

The axles are gorgeous just lovely solid little things I could hold them for hours. The gears seem really nice it has great little universal's and a huge steering angle and no slop in the knuckles at all so none of that camber look.

Everything feels nice the drive shafts are solid and the link set up too.

The 2 speed hangs a bit low I will see to that also plastic gears in the gearbox but steel are available and the plastic holds up well most say.

The shocks are rubbish but at the cost I'm amazed how well WPL have done.

The body is stunning it fits together well I like how it clips to the chassis. The wood on the deck is a real treat it's just beautiful all around.

The tyres are very soft I worry about side hills as there is no foams so will see perhaps might need to make something up.

The electronics I went the easy and easy to fit under the hood route with the version 3 sound/rx/tx/esc/winch control combo I've watched a few videos and it seems really good value. I'll no doubt flag the silly sound speaker. It has 2 speed control lights on and off and winch all in 1. The kit comes with a metal gear steering servo that has plenty of power so I've read

The winch looks really well done and lifts the trucks weight.

Total cost including the aluminum axle truss is under 150 bucks. Infact if shopping around the winch can be had for 10 bucks the truck for 63 and the electronics for 35. Very very cheap indeed

Hopfully will be running this thing soon.

If anyone can point me too a section for these trucks I'd be grateful I have looked around but only found the older plastic stuff from the past.
Jethro nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2020, 07:41 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Wpl c44 km

For sure your going to enjoy it, I to was skeptical and pleasantly surprised how durable and how well they perform. so far Ive built 3 , really impressed with the B36 6x6.
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:08 PM   #3

Default Re: Wpl c44 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlhog View Post
For sure your going to enjoy it, I to was skeptical and pleasantly surprised how durable and how well they perform. so far Ive built 3 , really impressed with the B36 6x6.
Please excuse the very very late reply and update.

Finally got this thing running a week ago and yup awesome wee truck.

The V3 electronics combo seems really well done. The drag brake only works in 1st gear and I like that. The steering is a little touchy but ok. The throttle control is quite good and its all nice small and clean under the hood.

The 2 speed is really cool it adds another level to this already very scale little truck.

For the money these KM kits are hard to beat
Jethro nz is offline   Reply With Quote

Wpl c44 km - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WPL C44 - Toyota Landcruiser FJ45 donaldsneffe General Scale Talk 10 07-28-2020 09:05 AM
WPL B-1 Brake Weight Micro Scale Rigs 73 07-12-2019 09:53 AM
2 new Wpl trucks seedburns Micro Scale Rigs 4 06-20-2018 05:59 AM
Wpl b-16 MGCrawler Micro Scale Rigs 0 05-05-2018 07:10 PM