Thread: two new rc4wd D90s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2020, 12:03 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default two new rc4wd D90s

They're officially licensed too

https://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-Geland...on_p_7949.html

https://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-Geland...on_p_7950.html

I can't seem to get pics to work but check out the links.
Dezertdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2020, 12:28 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: two new rc4wd D90s

Not that I'm in a hurry to pick up anymore RC4WD trucks but the pickup version looks awesome.

svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 12:48 PM   #3

I've always love the D90 truck as well. I was thinking this was just an RC4WD chassis with a Team Raffee body, but it's definitely not the same.

https://www.teamraffeeco.com/-2872
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 12:59 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I asked RC4WD if the pickup body will be available separately as I already have a chassis .

They said they didn’t plan on it currently but you never know.

So I think everyone should email them asking so that I can selfishly just purchase the body. Sound good ? Thanks in advance !!!
iplaywithrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 01:01 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I wish they would update those tires and especially the wheels by now ... some white Landies and some scale tires would look so much better. Oh yeah, I know, aftermarket....
fxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 08:34 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaywithrocks View Post
I asked RC4WD if the pickup body will be available separately as I already have a chassis .

They said they didn’t plan on it currently but you never know.

So I think everyone should email them asking so that I can selfishly just purchase the body. Sound good ? Thanks in advance !!!
Why not just go with the Team Raffee body Jato mentioned. It's extremely detailed, has been around a while and the quality is far superior to anything RC4WD.

Last edited by MrBlank; 05-11-2020 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Fix spelling error do to autocorrect
MrBlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:30 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Well, just put in the order for the "Heritage" model. I've loved the Defender 90 ever since my first ride in one at the British Invasion of Stowe, VT (British car show) twenty five years ago. It's gonna be my wife's rig so she can join in the fun. That or she can wheel the UMG10, as I'll want to put the thing through its paces and get it dialed how I like, i.e. give it its first scratches. Also got some helical gears front & rear on the way for the Marlin (rear diff gears got destroyed while out trailin' with my little guy this weekend).
DirtBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 07:18 PM   #8

Just received my Heritage edition, and I have mixed emotions. It's beautiful for sure and built like a tank, and I had read about the hassle with the body clips, but I figured no big deal. Having struggled to fasten the body after dropping in a battery, I can't imagine swapping a battery while on a trail. I honestly feel silly mentioning this as the reason to my seconds thoughts on this purchase, but it honestly was a struggle. Any tricks or mods? This is my first RC4WD. The darn thing is gorgeous to look at though!
domer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 10:19 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Smile Re: two new rc4wd D90s

I received my Heritage edition this week. Really my only big complaint is I wish it was a kit. I have zero knowledge of the Gelande II so it would have been nice to assemble the chassis. An even bigger reason this should be a kit is that after how many years RC4WD still does not build with adequate grease or thread locker. Many reports already of screws lost on first run. So I will have to disassemble and reassemble the entire truck and spend twice the time of just building it myself. Another plus of a kit is not having to spend the money on the basic electronics which I removed already (except for Servo). The interior also requires disassembly to dull the appearance, paint a few items, and apply stickers. Watch the magnets and have Shoe Goo handy. My hood magnet was out on arrival and reports online suggest door magnets are barely glued as well. The rubber mirrors are a nice touch but the screws are not adequate to keep them from rotating. May need a washer or some strategic Shoe Goo. Axial and other companies have done a great job waterproofing their receiver boxes, RC4WD has not.

Pretty much all the "bad" items are just inconvieniences. The truck model looks awesome, the drivetrain is smooth, the chassis is so stiff, an extra bottle of Axial Shock Oil filled the shocks. Will be using primarily as a trail rig. Comps here are Ultra oriented and beat up scalers pretty bad. Look forward to running it after the prep.
scaled is offline   Reply With Quote