Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: battery mounting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2007, 11:23 AM   #1
I had the hottest girlfriend at the MSD Nats

Default battery mounting

how do yall have your battery mounted in your leaf sprung trucks? i was thinking longways above the front axle but was wondering if there were any other alternatives? its going on the "preview chevy" frame. thanks oh pics are always nice!
obijuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2007, 09:15 PM   #2
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijuan
how do yall have your battery mounted in your leaf sprung trucks? i was thinking longways above the front axle but was wondering if there were any other alternatives? its going on the "preview chevy" frame. thanks oh pics are always nice!
In my pathfinder Bruiser, its across the front, however in the Trekker, its mounted along the one side of the trans. Its the same concept though, youll want to keep the wieght forward just like anything else. I also run 2/3 cells cause there easier to hide
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:15 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I mounted my between the frame rails with the rear third of the pack right over the rear axle. I have the motor over the front axle with a pede tranny as a transfer case in the center. This set up puts slightly more weight over the rear axle. I have found that if I did not do this mine had trouble getting a grip in the rear and spinning the tires on loose dirt when going over some obstacles. Mine is designed more to be a trail truck than a true crawler. It can crawl but it is better at tackling rough terrain such as mud, ruts, logs, etc.
tkruger is offline   Reply With Quote