Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: RC4WD fuel bead lock wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2020, 08:06 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default RC4WD fuel bead lock wheels

I just got my rc4wd fuel beadlock wheels . I cant figure out how to get my 1.9 super swampers on . I cant figure out how the beadlock works . Seems like the id lip if the tire is too thick to fit . Or I am just stupid . Ive never had this type of setup. Other bead lock wheels ive used were plastic and went together different
Harleyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2020, 08:24 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: RC4WD fuel bead lock wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyrocker View Post
I just got my rc4wd fuel beadlock wheels . I cant figure out how to get my 1.9 super swampers on . I cant figure out how the beadlock works . Seems like the id lip if the tire is too thick to fit . Or I am just stupid . Ive never had this type of setup. Other bead lock wheels ive used were plastic and went together different
I just installed my ssd beadlocks on the super swampers just a few days ago. It was quite the pain. Just make sure there lined up. I flipped a screw in the hub to make sure it was lined right. Then just pressed pretty tight and got one started once I did it got it going. In my case the problem was getting the ring on in the inside.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
talltee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 04:44 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

i am about struggled out, Can someone post a video of how in the hell this works. i can't get the rear ring on at all, or even close lol. ugh or a link to these type of wheels .
Old 11-10-2020, 05:23 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I put a philips screwdriver in my bench vise and used it as a post to hold the wheel, then set the tire on, pressed the bead lock ring down, started one bolt...checked to make sure the bead is captured, then spun the tire about 1/4 turn and started the next one, check to see if it’s still captured...repeat until you have 4 ‘corners’ secured...then slowly tighten them, checking every so often to make sure it’s still captured in the groove. Once it has all 4 secured, add the rest of the bolts and snug away. The key is checking to make sure the bead is in the groove so you don’t have to start all over if it pinches out at the last second, because you will have to.

The bead isn’t just going to set in the groove, it has to be forced in there with the ring surface. I compare it to doing the real thing...it’s not a 5 minute project. But once you get one done you will ‘get it’ and the others go quicker. It took me about 90 minutes to 2 hours to mount my 1.9 boggers on Chinese bead locks (RC Lions brand) and I almost gave up on the first one...but im stubborn.

Worst case scenario just grab some of the plastic Proline faux bead locks and call it a day. I got my boggers pre mounted on them but switched to a true bead lock for the weight and scale looks.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 05:26 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

are your super swampers proline or rc4wd? and what compound are they? what model of fuel wheels do you have?
Doomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 06:58 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

i finally figured them out, took a while, about 1.5 hours, most of that was the first one , after that it went fairly quick. but i finally got them done. thanks for the help. Definitely a cold beer and a calm day before you start .hahah.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:59 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyrocker View Post
i finally figured them out, took a while, about 1.5 hours, most of that was the first one , after that it went fairly quick. but i finally got them done. thanks for the help. Definitely a cold beer and a calm day before you start .hahah.
Glad you got em on! No kidding I posted a few days ago with the same problem

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
talltee9 is offline   Reply With Quote

RC4WD fuel bead lock wheels - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rc4wd 2.2 trail scale bead lock wheels evan03 Tires and Wheels 9 12-19-2013 12:45 PM
rc4wd aluminum bead lock wheels 01XJ Newbie General 3 06-22-2006 07:38 AM