Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Georgia

Notices

Thread: New Offroad Track and Crawling course Coming to North GA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 01:39 AM   #1

Default New Offroad Track and Crawling course Coming to North GA

I designed this the other night.... Its not all to scale but it gives you an Idea what its going to look like..... The jumps may be different when we get to that point.

I would like the crawler course to sit in there like that with some stands. Over look the cargo box, that is probably going to be the drivers stand for the rc track(I just through it there cause I didnt want to delete it after I built it).

There will be a privacy fence along the side where the crawler course is, and then along the back of the track and then on the other short side The side where the driver stand is will be a normal chain linked fence.

It will be located In Blue Ridge Georgia, Its an Hour north of Atlanta up hwy575.

I will be posting pics as we build it. We are actually clearing the land at the moment, and should start on the track within a week or so. Im looking forward to hosting some nice events. Let me know if you have any ideas and input....

Thanks, Rush
Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
09 RCA champ!

sweet, keep us updated!
rednck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:27 AM   #3

No problem,
We scraped it yesturday to get down to the beautiful Georgia red clay, but its looking like we have to come down another 4-6inches. So Im trying to line up a dozer today. Its only about an hour or two of work. The rock course will look really natural the way it will sit on the side of the hill. Im looking at doing about a 20X40 rock course.... Do you all think that will be enough? 30X40?
It will also be to where we can move rocks around to change it up some.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

A few of us went up and checked out the track yesterday. I will post some pics and vids soon.

Its a great spot.
TLTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTRyan View Post
A few of us went up and checked out the track yesterday. I will post some pics and vids soon.

Its a great spot.

lol.... Dangit What time did you all come up? We didnt get out there till about 4:00, We changed the jumps up a little. We had plans to go and work on the new track but the rain got us, plus the machine I was going to get was snatched up by somone else.

Now remember that the track on Maxwell rd(Im guessing where you went) is the one me and Dlc built one eveningt. The new one will be on up 515 north towards Blairsville.

We got a bunch of pics to, I will post them up as well..
Old 06-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
lol.... Dangit What time did you all come up? We didnt get out there till about 4:00, We changed the jumps up a little. We had plans to go and work on the new track but the rain got us, plus the machine I was going to get was snatched up by somone else.

Now remember that the track on Maxwell rd(Im guessing where you went) is the one me and Dlc built one eveningt. The new one will be on up 515 north towards Blairsville.

We got a bunch of pics to, I will post them up as well..
We stayed untill about 3:30.
TLTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTRyan View Post
We stayed untill about 3:30.

I wish you would have said something or called. Dlc said you were talking about coming up while we were there.

There was four of us messing around on it.
You know the Double and then table top? We took the face of the Double and pushed it into the landing and made it a single to a table top. The jumper right out of the second bank turn... I cut the landing down lower, for easier landings in case of a screw up.
Im sure we will be up there quite a bit this week around 5:00pm-8:00pm since I cant do anything at the other track till next Saturday if you want to head up...
Old 06-15-2008, 08:31 PM   #8
dlc

Yeah let us know next time any f you want to come up. I will be pretty busy this week but my brother will be up there alot. We went up tonight and messed around for a few hours. We would like to see the pics you got Tltryan.
dlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:17 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Is this track smooth enough to run a mini-t on?
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:30 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

man how do you get to this place, would like to come up and check this place out.
hummer6504x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:55 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
Is this track smooth enough to run a mini-t on?

The track on Maxwell rd. is not too rough, but the jumps are big, so I dont know if it would be good.

The new track (different location) will be really smooth though.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:58 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer6504x4 View Post
man how do you get to this place, would like to come up and check this place out.

The new track wont be ready for a while.

The one we are messing around on right now is right on the Fannin/Gilmer line on hwy515
Old 06-16-2008, 11:52 AM   #13
dlc

I think everyone is geting confused. The track at the top of the page is currently under construction. It wont be ready for a while.

We built another track on the other side of town that is a lot smaller but has some good jumps (Big). This is the track we are playing on right now untill the full size track is completed.

This is the current track. Its not much, just something me and rush through together one evening to mess around on untill the new track is finished.

There is some decent crawling there too.

dlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:06 PM   #14

lol.... Yeah I think they were getting confused!

Thanks D....
Old 06-17-2008, 04:33 AM   #15
RCC Addict

that track is little but looks fun... im lookin for a dirt oval track to run on myself... anyone else interested.... got any pics of the new place yet marcus
lowridinjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:01 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowridinjuggalo View Post
that track is little but looks fun... im lookin for a dirt oval track to run on myself... anyone else interested.... got any pics of the new place yet marcus

I will be getting some more pics this weekend while there will be a lot done. I have a few, just to show the work but nothing to really look at.

Really it is up to you all.... The customers, that will decide what else goes on at the new track. If I see a lot of interest in it, then we will add on. I have room to grow, but dont have the funds to just fork over at the moment.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:30 AM   #17
RCC Addict

sounds good to me keep use informed with pics... anyway to get a street addy im about 40 miles from blue ridge id like to come look at what you guys have... marcus
Old 06-17-2008, 12:54 PM   #18

Yeah, gimmie a few and I will find the address.

See if this will work....

http://maps.yahoo.com/map?q1=3403%20...4%2C-84.173326
Old 06-17-2008, 01:03 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowridinjuggalo View Post
sounds good to me keep use informed with pics... anyway to get a street addy im about 40 miles from blue ridge id like to come look at what you guys have... marcus

Just seen you were from Andrews.... Its not far at all.

Hit hwy129 towards Blairsville from Murphy. Go 4-5 miles(not sure) till you hit the stop light on 129, then take a right, go across Notley Dam, after you cross the dam go about 1-2 miles and turn on loving rd which is on the right. go Im pretty sure 3.8 miles and it will be on the left...

Should have a sign up tomorrow. Nothing to look at just yet, just a cleared lot with Caution tape around it...But we will be up there Saturday working on it
Old 06-17-2008, 01:31 PM   #20
RCC Addict

ok cool ill try to check it out sat ill try to come up there sat.. so i can meet you guys aswell... marcus