Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Georgia

Notices

Thread: Top Truck Challenge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 01:01 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

The way I was looking at this is, it will be the first event I have held here other than a few gtg type things. I was thinking to make the 1.9 class just a kinda entry level thing, 1.9 wheels, no rear steer, and a 13.5" wheelbase max. That being said, the courses for 1.9 will be tough but not like the 2.2 class. I was thinking that the 2.2 class would be a run what you brung unlimited kinda thing, only rule will be that it has to be shaft driven to even be in TTC (in both classes of course)other than that run it, and as Colby said, time and distance more than comp scoring (finishing the course in the time frame allowed). We might even split this into two events, one at Colby's in April or May, and one at my house in June (don't worry, it is usually cooler at my house then because of tree cover, you cannot see my house in Google Earth pics)
rockpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #22
LR3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseb251 View Post
really lookin forward to bringin my rig up there, keep us up to date let us know more. thanks,
jesse.
Good to see another 15 year old in the hobby, who is local too.

As for the TTC, depending on when it is held I may have my hilux built by then. If not I will just bring the summit to screw around with lol. NC is kinda "far" for my grandfather to. He will prob give in though
LR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:37 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

ECC is in april, I think it should be in a different month.
Lushtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #24

motivation:

[/QUOTE]

OK i have to build one of these. Where do I start?
FiremanCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #25
WOOPOOW!!

Haha, you buy a stock SCX10 chassis, then you make some scaled drawings of what you want with the tires and chassis your using, choose your body and weld up the cage. I have a build thread in the 1.9 scale section.

Guys, the TTC is still ON as far as I know. If Rusty isnt up for having it at his house, or think it will be a little more work than hes up for, I have everything we need already built at my house. I just have to know how many are comming, and will ask if some of you can carpool if possible. As soon as I finish my tank trap and my frame twister Ill post some pictures. Now most TTC's in the RC world are built from flat ground, my tank trap, and my mud pit are almost all natural in an actual canyon, just have to carve out the knarley course thats going to be tested by my xr10
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

i think i can fit two 3s packs on my berg. maybe the 6s will give me enough wheel speed to compete.
Grimreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

no moa rigs in a TTC...
GaBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Colby, whats up?!
Old 03-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #29
WOOPOOW!!

Sorry guys! I still want to do this! My comp truck likes breaking gears, and I decided to get a new 1:1 so my heads been wrapped up in all that, and school for the past couple of weeks. Next week is my spring break... Anyone want to get together at my place and run/go through some ideas on courses and have this thing in the summer time?
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:21 PM   #30
LR3
Rock Crawler

I would be down to have a GTG sometime during spring break. Even one up here at sawnee mountain. great spot. I just hope that the parts that I have ordered for my new JK get here before next week. Not sure how well it would do in a TTC, but it will defiently kick ass at sawnee
LR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:08 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby View Post
Sorry guys! I still want to do this! My comp truck likes breaking gears, and I decided to get a new 1:1 so my heads been wrapped up in all that, and school for the past couple of weeks. Next week is my spring break... Anyone want to get together at my place and run/go through some ideas on courses and have this thing in the summer time?
When do you get out of school for summer? We need to get the ball rollin on this!

Nate
Old 05-20-2011, 07:29 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Is this still happening?
vader2728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #33
TN State Champ 11,12,13

I just got a Wraith soooo I may be in
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote