Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Georgia

Notices

Thread: Last truck standing 2.0 October 13th!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Last truck standing 2.0 October 13th!!! :Adress info added:

Time for round two ladies and gentelmen!
We are going to have our next event October 13 at 9:30AM, right now we are planning on using a new venue about a mile from Marcus' house, I will post up the address as soon as I get it. If for some reason we can't get the course finished in time it will be held at Marcus' house again. Same format as last time, trail ride with a hill climb comp area. If we get the new course done at Trent's house, everyone had better bring their A game because the hills are twice as tall and steeper than the last one!!! Everyone is welcome to come and join the fun. We are committed to make this one just as good or better than the last one!! Look forward to seeing you all again!!!

The address for this event is 9675 Cartersville hwy (hwy 61) Dallas Ga, 30132.
Look for the RCA sign, you will be entering off the main road through a gate into a pasture.

Last edited by Pintokiller79; 10-10-2012 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Address change
Pintokiller79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Last truck standing 2.0 October 13th!!!

I am in there. My new truck is underway and old truck is getting some improvements. Bring-it.
Grimreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Won't be able to make this one either
chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Showtime 2.0 will be ready.
rojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

showtime 2.0???? Is there anything else left to do to this thing?
Old 10-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I didnt think so. Maybe a dig set-up?
Goatsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimreeper View Post
showtime 2.0???? Is there anything else left to do to this thing?
Yep... Rear servo going up to a 7990TH, a second set of wheels and tires, aluminum housings and truss's, and the new style VP lockers. Then I will clean up the wiring a bit and might change pistons/oil weight in the shocks. I will also have to do my annual bearing replacement on the input shaft of the trans. The T8 is rough on them when the 4s comes out.

What do you have up your sleeve? (Besides the secret tires?)
Old 10-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Different gearing( it just wasn't quite fast enough) and a couple a shock and link adjustment. Maybe a new servo the one I have doesn't like to turn left. Its anti NASCAR.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #9
WOOPOOW!!

I may toss rear steer on my rig for gits and shiggles but im extremely happy with it the way it is. Just gonna come out and have a good time like last time. Going to have my buddies with me with their new rigs.

This will be series comp #2! Your overall time of the day at this comp will be added to your overall time at the previous competition. I have decided to build the overall FIRST PLACE WINNER a southern buggy/tuber of their choice at the end of the comp free of charge. Along with something from ECRC
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:19 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimreeper View Post
Different gearing( it just wasn't quite fast enough) and a couple a shock and link adjustment. Maybe a new servo the one I have doesn't like to turn left. Its anti NASCAR.
Don't do too much to it... It kicked my butt bad enough the last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby View Post
I may toss rear steer on my rig for gits and shiggles but im extremely happy with it the way it is. Just gonna come out and have a good time like last time. Going to have my buddies with me with their new rigs.

This will be series comp #2! Your overall time of the day at this comp will be added to your overall time at the previous competition. I have decided to build the overall FIRST PLACE WINNER a southern buggy/tuber of their choice at the end of the comp free of charge. Along with something from ECRC
Be careful on the rear steer. It will hurt you more than help you if you are not use to it. It also adds another element to break while on course. You will notice I don't use mine about 90% of the time.

I also was wondering about the scoring a little for the series. I think there should be a bonus involved for making a hill no one else makes. For example, Show made the bounty climb when no one else did, but I finished 5th (I think) for the day. It just seemed weird that the only truck to make every climb finished that far back... No worries either way, points don't matter near as much as fun for me. Lol
Old 10-04-2012, 07:38 AM   #11
WOOPOOW!!

Ive run supers and Ive had rear steer on a couple of scalers so I'm not worried about it. Although I may not because after talking to Marcus I may be bumping up to 4s in my rig...

As far as scoring goes, I think the bounty hill is just for bragging rights honestly. Maybe the person that makes the most of them at the end of the series will get something better than a good job

Marcus or Kyle, I need the overall times from the last comp!
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

It's on RCA site Colby
Crawlininga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Well guys, upon review of the once dry creek bed, the scale run before the comp doesn't look doable right now. It is full of running water and no way around it. It may dry up some by go time we will just have to see. There are a couple more cool spots on the property for a scale run, but it will have to be a clear-as-you-go type thing due to it being over grown a bit. Very cool place though!! If we get enough interest we can definitely make a scale run happen .On another note, the hill climbs are INSANE and there is going to be a lot of them!!!! Please bring some spare parts of what you think you may need. Our intentions are NOT to tear your truck up, but the terrain is just absolutely steep as hell, and if you roll over it comes down pretty hard. We will have people catching at the bottom of the hills and some roll over protection implements will be in place. They are extremely challenging this time and it is going to require some horsepower to overcome. Like I said, we aren't building these hills just to tear your rig up, they are just naturally steep, no ruts or ledges need be dug, the wow factor is already there!!!! Can't wait for this one guys!!!!!! It's gonna be a lot of fun, should have 10-15 different hills to be timed on.
Pintokiller79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:33 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Less than a week away!! Better get em ready ladies and gentlemen gonna be fun and take some horse power!! Don't forget the video cameras this one is sure to have some WOW factors!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Tomorrow is the big day! Shine em up and be ready for some scale rock bouncing in the morning!!! See you there
Old 10-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Awsome day. Everyone that didnt make missed out and should really look forward to some crazy videos.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Wish I could have made this one but I had something come up that I could get out of this morning!
CRAWLERJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

The times have been posted in the comp thread of this event.

Last truck standing 2.0 October 13th!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boston Crawlers Presents - King of the Crawlers, Hammond Pond, October 13th BC-Brian Massachusetts 39 10-16-2012 04:41 PM
Last truck standing 9/15/2012 Crawlininga Georgia 52 10-01-2012 04:29 PM
The Last Truck Standing in Dallas, GA 9-29-12 Update! Colby South Carolina 1 09-25-2012 02:09 PM
RC Gearheads Scale RC Tuff Truck Event Tomball (North Houston) October 8th TexasSP Texas 35 10-12-2011 08:32 AM