Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Georgia

Notices

Thread: Brunswick/Savannah Area Crawlin'

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2018, 03:48 PM   #1

Default Brunswick/Savannah Area Crawlin'

Anyone in the Brunswick to Savannah area that knows some good spots for crawling? Just picked up my first crawler, a WPL B-1, and looking to bash.
NomaCrawl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2018, 01:27 AM   #2

Default Re: Brunswick/Savannah Area Crawlin'

I live in Townsend just of 17. I want to build a crawler backyard jungle gym in the woods behind my house, but the sandnats are so bad here. I'm not even going to try until Dec. I have 1/2 an acre of nothing but woods. When ever I get it finished. Your welcome to come up or down.
BigBrownBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:42 PM   #3

Hell yeah BigBrownBeaver. Sounds like a plan. Bu then, I should have the electronics and drivetrain upgraded on the B-1 with only the wheels and axles to upgrade.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:50 PM   #4

Dude, your right down in Brunswick! I'm just north of Darien. I just got back from the Darien Outlet mall! It has all the space in the world to run fast cars, but before I left I noticed about a 30yrd long rock fence with big rocks from ground to 2' tall! It looks perfect from crawling. I don't have my crawler yet, but when I get it. Thats where I'll be going for sure. Right now I'm just racing my new RIstler around there. I'm going to go back tomorrow and I'll take some pictures of the rocks I'm talking about. Its right along Parkers and the outlet mal parking lot.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:45 AM   #5

Well darn... I took some pictures of a great crawling area in Darien, but this is one of those forums where its a pain in the butt to post a picture.. Guess I won't be posting any pictures here.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:44 PM   #6

I know that exact spot. I'm down the way, just off Chapel Crossing and the spur. That's seriously close for some crawling. Might head up there come Friday, as I will finally have a day off, and scope it out for myself. My crawler probably ain't ready for serious wheeling just yet. Need different axles and electronics before deciding to unleash it.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:59 PM   #7

I'm not familiar with crawling at all, other then watching videos on youtube. It looks like a lot of fun! I think a good portion of the rocks will be uncrawable, but I really don't know until I get a crawler. That should happen sometime between Nov and Dec. Buts that definitely the first place I am going to go. Until then I'll be the guy racing my Rustler around the parking lot there on the weekends.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:03 PM   #8

Have you been to Golden Isle RC? Its right next to Gamestop. I just discovered it on facebook the other day, but haven't been to the store yet, but plan on checking it this coming Saturday. Just wondering how it is. Hopefully it grows and the RC community grows here too.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:57 PM   #9

Yeah I've been there. It's pretty good for a new store. Decent selection, with mainly Traxxas and Redcat products. The owners usually hold small get togethers over at the Sam's club where the parking lot is huge. Lots of racing, some ramps, ya know the usual monster truck/1-10th touring car venue. Couple of crawlers there, haven't been to one set as I usually get back in town from work pretty late.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:59 PM   #10

Need to get my Stampede back in working order. It's the only one I have that could go toe to toe against your Rustler.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomaCrawl01 View Post
Yeah I've been there. It's pretty good for a new store. Decent selection, with mainly Traxxas and Redcat products. The owners usually hold small get togethers over at the Sam's club where the parking lot is huge. Lots of racing, some ramps, ya know the usual monster truck/1-10th touring car venue. Couple of crawlers there, haven't been to one set as I usually get back in town from work pretty late.

Its nice to have a place close. Hopefully no more trips down to Jax!
Old 10-30-2018, 08:07 AM   #12

I haven't been to any down in Jax, but there are a few in the Sav/Pooler/Statesboro area that have a decent selection. Lot of on-road/circuit racers up that way, along with plenty of stadium trucks. Mostly parking lot action.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:33 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomaCrawl01 View Post
I haven't been to any down in Jax, but there are a few in the Sav/Pooler/Statesboro area that have a decent selection. Lot of on-road/circuit racers up that way, along with plenty of stadium trucks. Mostly parking lot action.
Only one I've been to RC Outlet in Jax. Its pretty tucked away of the south side of 295, but it has a lot of everything. On road, off road, crawlers, planes, quadcopters, boats... I need to check out the ones in our area to compare it to. Its the only one Ive been to other then the one when I was in cubs scout to buy decals for a pinewood derby car when I was 7ish.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:43 PM   #14

Golden isles is the only one right here in Bwk, but like I said, there are a few in the Sav area. One is in Pooler, Anthony's RC or something. Real small hole-in-the-wall place, friendly staff.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:32 AM   #15

I don't think Brunswick is big enough for 2 RC stores. I'd rather have 1 decent one then 2 hole in the walls. I'll try and support it, but with the internet. I know they won't be getting 100% of my business.

I work with a guy who owned a RC shop in Richmond Hill. He said the internet put him out of business 7 years ago.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:29 AM   #16

That's about right. Brunswick has been home to numerous stores over the years, but location or internet sales have been their downfall. Last one that was open before this nee Golden Isles was HobbyTown USA. They moved location and went out of business not too long after.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:30 AM   #17

But on a side note, Golden Isles RC is at the fair in Brjnswick this week if you want to check out a small selection of what they have.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:12 AM   #18

Not really up for a fair unless there is demolition derby! Thats always fun to watch. I'll probably head down Saturday and just check out the store. Maybe buy some tools or something.
Old 10-31-2018, 12:40 PM   #19

True, they did get rid of the demolition derby this year in exchange for helicopter rides. That was a complete bs idea on their part. But I'm gonna stop by there Friday for a motor, battery, and some control arm screws for my Stampede.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:50 AM   #20

Helicopter rides? This is the south. No one cares about those.

Brunswick/Savannah Area Crawlin' - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawlin' pics from Allentown area MAXXMASHER Pennsylvania 12 01-22-2010 06:47 PM
new to crawlin in Richmond area gosox1120 Virginia 9 09-19-2008 10:02 AM
crawlin area redjeeper Chit Chat 8 08-08-2007 05:19 PM
crawlin in O.C. or around da LB area Racetoys California 1 01-18-2006 12:02 PM
Boulder Area Crawlin on 4/24 bustedcrawler Colorado 9 04-25-2004 01:49 PM