Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Hawaii

Notices

Thread: Trans Am.....................DRAGS????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2008, 04:32 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Trans Am.....................DRAGS????

Trans Am.....................DRAGS????
shut d's, xtant, ratbastard and i are going to run on sunday at the r/c drags at the airport with the nitro guys. me and jon we're talking and we came up with a plan..................why not run our TA cars on the strip. no, we're not going to run our silver cans with 3600's in it. here's what we talked about and it looks like it's going to be kinda fun.

OCS Trans Am spec cars with the exception of the motor and battery. gotta run the vintage tires and wheels (slicks or threaded, whatever you want to run). 7.00 FDR. and here's the kicker.....................any ROAR stock 27 turn motor with any battery Mah's. gotta be 6 cell nimh or nicad, no lipo's.

if everyone sticks to this with their cars, everyone should be pretty much even. it'll be a heads up match. we could even run a race with a ladder with a little money pool in it (if rawn and the rest of the nitro guys that run the drags let's us).

we think it'll be fun to see vintage bodied cars run down the track. it'll be just like watching drags in the 60's and 70's. chevy vs ford vs dodge...............should be interesting.

so all you guys that dominate the OCS races, let's put the talk in your driving. no turns to take, no grid to line up at, no timed 5 minute races................"when the green light drops, the #%**@!^? stops". let's line up and see who's "sleeping" at the line when the light drops.

only thing though, you have to be a ROAR member (there's sign up down there for membership, $35 for the year) and the fee to run at the track is $10 per person for the whole day. hope to see some of you out there.
RydeFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2008, 04:39 AM   #2
RCC Addict

I got the low down from D's last night and put my EPIC 27t stocker in my Trans Am Pro4 today

Should be fun and kewl to see these things race down the 132'

Kewl thing is with no turns I don't have to swap out my bolohead front tires

Just have to decide which body to run? Camaro or Cuda?
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:47 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtant3150c View Post

Just have to decide which body to run? Camaro or Cuda?
run the camaro body....................so we can say that a ford beat a chebby .
RydeFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:12 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RydeFab View Post
run the camaro body....................so we can say that a ford beat a chebby .
Camaro it is It's On Den :-P
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote