Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Hawaii

Notices

Thread: HRCC's #3 comp "Da Make-Up", august 31st.....kahalu'u pond

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 03:25 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default HRCC's #3 comp "Da Make-Up", august 31st.....kahalu'u pond

i know it's alittle earlier than usual to post up, but what the hell.

"Da Make-Up".........comp #3, Kahalu'u Pond. August 31st.

see you all there, shoots...............ryde
RydeFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2008, 10:55 PM   #2

Hey all,

I'm interested in attending. What are the class's and rules? Where exactly is the comp?

I have a bone-stock Tamiya CR01 and just want to check out the scene.
Thanks in advance.

Mike
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:41 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

what's up mike. the classes that we have are only 2.2. the specs are in the competition section on the forum. basiclly the rules are pretty simple and laid out. check it out. if you're planning on running your cro-1, then you're with in spec as long as you have 12.5" wheelbase max, also no rear steering.

the comp will be at Kahalu'u Pond. it's right next the the Hi-genics store on the windward side.

see you there on the 31st ...............oh, and i'm sure Shut D's will be glad you're coming out to play.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:51 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Looks like I have a couple weeks to get my truck back together. Right now I rather work on my Hilux, hopefully the upcoming comp sparks interest in the crawler again.
cutlaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RydeFab View Post
what's up mike. the classes that we have are only 2.2. the specs are in the competition section on the forum. basiclly the rules are pretty simple and laid out. check it out. if you're planning on running your cro-1, then you're with in spec as long as you have 12.5" wheelbase max, also no rear steering.

the comp will be at Kahalu'u Pond. it's right next the the Hi-genics store on the windward side.

see you there on the 31st ...............oh, and i'm sure Shut D's will be glad you're coming out to play.
Yeah, I'm really look'n forward to it! I know the CR01 isnt the most capable, but I really like the scale-ability. I'm running at NOVAK 18.5 Goat and good servo. I've made some slight changes to the suspension set-up and It should do well. We'll see, talk to you all on the 31st.

Mike
Old 08-30-2008, 04:40 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

man, either everyone's been practicing or i don't know what but it's been dead on here for awhile. hope to see all of you on sunday cause ole pimp slap's finally back together again. didn't make the call to DLNR cause i want to run my boat on sunday too (gotta work out the bugs in it, got a race i want to attend on monday ). see you suckah's on sunday, shoots!

btw, went there today to check it out and it's hot as hell down there.......sunscreen baby !
Old 08-31-2008, 09:10 PM   #7

Had a blast today! My CR01 did alot better then I thought it would. I'm going to make a couple of changes and be back out next time. Maybe I'll actually finish!!

Mahalos to Rat Basturd for lending me the tires!

Mike
Old 08-31-2008, 11:01 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

good day for a comp , congrats to the "Bergler Bro's" for the 1st and 2nd place win today . DTP for continuing his streak..............! i'll post up the results later tonite...........gotta get the boat ready for tomorrow's race i'm hoping to attend at kahalu'u. i'll start another thread, shoots.

ryde
Old 09-01-2008, 12:30 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Had a blast today wth both comp and scale trucks. Looks like I'll be busy for awhile working out the bugs on both rigs. Thanks again to everyone for making the comp fun. It was also nice to see another guy running WK's, nice truck Gavyn.

Ryde, your boat looked sick. Loved the rooster tail action.

Last edited by cutlaSS; 09-02-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:31 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Another Great day (and Hot) for a comp!
Comp went down just the way I like it, down to the last bonus gate!
Congrats DTP on the victory and great driving. I guess taking care of your new addition didn't take away all of your energy.
Great to see the new competitors and some outstanding driving!!!

Alan
Sprint 80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:30 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Congratulations once again Sheldon.
Three in a row?!?! NICE!!!!!!!

Great job to you too Alan.
Da Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:38 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Thanks guys. Like Cube said, "today was a good day." Nice job out there Alan, really made it interesting. All the way to the last bonus gate. Good job to all the new guys too. Too bad more of the regulars aren't comming out.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:36 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for a great day guys I had a blast. Everyone did really well today and congrats to DTP and Sprint. That was hella close. See all of you at the next comp.

Gavyn
Top_Ramen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #14

Default awesome day

Aloha Guys!!

It was nice to see everyone on Sunday especially the new guys. Gavyn that was some awesome driving you did...you really got that trans dialed!

Congrats to Sheldon and Alan on the awesome driving. The entrance to the first course was pretty trick but you guys made it look so easy??

Already looking forward to the next comp.

-Nathan ;)
HawaiiBikeTrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:18 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlaSS View Post
Had a blast today wth both comp and scale trucks. Looks like I'll be busy for awhile working out the bugs on both rigs. Thanks again to everyone for making the comp fun. It was also nice to see another guy running WK's, nice truck Gavin(?).

Sounds like the HRCC gang had a good time. Damn I missed another one. Wish a finished what I had to do around the house. I got to make the next one. BTW What scale trucks? also how is the rock buggy class doing? I know I keep saying that I'm just about done with mine but I am just about done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlaSS View Post
Ryde, your boat looked sick. Loved the rooster tail action.

Damn I miss the boat again?!?!?!?!

Shoots..

Last edited by JoeWorks; 09-02-2008 at 04:21 PM.
JoeWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:22 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Features View Post
Had a blast today! My CR01 did alot better then I thought it would. I'm going to make a couple of changes and be back out next time. Maybe I'll actually finish!!

Mahalos to Rat Basturd for lending me the tires!

Mike
Where you the only cr01 out? maybe next time I can make it.
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:33 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiBiketrials View Post
Aloha Guys!!

It was nice to see everyone on Sunday especially the new guys. Gavyn that was some awesome driving you did...you really got that trans dialed!

Congrats to Sheldon and Alan on the awesome driving. The entrance to the first course was pretty trick but you guys made it look so easy??

Already looking forward to the next comp.

-Nathan ;)
Thanks nathan. I have and extra set of rocksmith teflon shift bushings PM me if you need it.
Top_Ramen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:36 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorks View Post

Sounds like the HRCC gang had a good time. Damn I missed another one. Wish a finished what I had to do around the house. I got to make the next one. BTW What scale trucks? also how is the rock buggy class doing? I know I keep saying that I'm just about done with mine but I am just about done.

[/color]

Damn I miss the boat again?!?!?!?!

Shoots..
A few of us were just messing around with our scale trucks.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:16 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joat View Post
Where you the only cr01 out? maybe next time I can make it.
Yeah, I was the only one who entered a "scale" truck. All the other trucks were dedicate crawlers. I had a blast though and did much better then I thought I would. I'm going to make some tire and suspension changes and get back out there. See you at the next one!

Mike
Old 09-02-2008, 10:37 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Features View Post
Yeah, I was the only one who entered a "scale" truck. All the other trucks were dedicate crawlers. I had a blast though and did much better then I thought I would. I'm going to make some tire and suspension changes and get back out there. See you at the next one!

Mike
I meet up with Ryde after the meet, he grabbed some rims from me, he did a small sample of my truck, he said it was not bad, not sure if he was being nice ,but if you want to take a gander LMK, I dumped the canti's and added some different shocks, other then that suspension is all stock at the moment.
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote