RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Hawaii (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/hawaii/)
-   -   New to the Big Island (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/hawaii/192728-new-big-island.html)

ReppRacing 08-05-2009 04:37 PM

New to the Big Island

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the Big Island (Hilo-side) and just wanted to drop in and introduce myself.

My name is Jon and I've been in the hobby for the past ten years. I am a member of various other message boards under the username Pedester. I've been in and out for the last few years, but I've always kept a steady amount of cars and trucks in the stable.

Currently I don't have anymore crawlers or scalers, but I'm always building something new.

I am very happy and blessed to call this beautiful place my new home, and it is a great privilege to be a guest here on your rock.

Thanks for listening to this Island's newest Grom, and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you at future events and shows.

Aloha,
-Jon

crazy_kanaka 08-05-2009 07:04 PM

Welcome. "thumbsup" Our next comp is on the 15th, but you can usually find a few of us kicking back at RC Heaven.

ReppRacing 08-05-2009 08:39 PM

Thanks Kanaka,

I've been here for a couple of months and still have not made it down to RC Heaven.
One of these days...

I also brought a TLT project with me. It has a carbon fiber chassis on it now, but I think I'd like to go with a scale frame with leaf's (like the Mirek chassis) and 2.2's.
Also would like to use a Highlift 3-speed if I can find one for reasonable.

ReppRacing 08-05-2009 08:43 PM

I haven't been here in a few years (as evidence of my Join Date) but they used to have a for sale/trade section on this board. Did they remove it and replace it with the Vendor's section?

hawnmt 08-05-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReppRacing (Post 1928111)
I haven't been here in a few years (as evidence of my Join Date) but they used to have a for sale/trade section on this board. Did they remove it and replace it with the Vendor's section?

Hey Jon,

you need 30 days(obviously you got that:mrgreen:) and 30 posts before you can see the BST. Gotts be tech posts too, this section and a few others like chit chat don't count.

ReppRacing 08-05-2009 09:58 PM

Hey Kent,

Thanks for the help.
I used to go to this board a lot back in the day under Pedester as well, but I forgot my password or something so I started over. Haha
I figured they must have a 30 day/30 post deal going as well.

When is the next RCMTC-HI event?

hawnmt 08-06-2009 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReppRacing (Post 1928254)

When is the next RCMTC-HI event?

Aug 16. We've tentatively set a race for every two weeks. Since it's still new and everybody seems game so far we've managed to keep the pace. We even have a good turnout on the Sundays between races for test and tune.

Da Hermit 08-06-2009 10:14 AM

Hey Jon. Nice to have you. Hope you are enjoying the the "dry:shock:" side of Hawaii, hehehe.

You up for some pre-Hurricane bashing? R/C Heaven some time today and tomorrow is the usuall plan. PM or stop by.

Shoots!!!!
-Hermit

Sprint 80 08-06-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReppRacing (Post 1928111)

Not sure but, you might need a star to view the for sale section.
BTW.... Welcome to Hawaii even if your'e on the wrong island! :shock: 8)
Nah! Hilo got a great RC crew and they're into everything RC.

Alan.

ReppRacing 08-06-2009 03:24 PM

Kent, sounds like you've really got things rocking over there on Oahu.
You should send some pictures and race results into Motorhead. I'm sure they would love the material.

Thanks Hermit!
I'll try to get down there soon. I've been busy getting settled in, but I've been meaning to stop in for some time now.
Do you have a track/coarse right there at the shop?

Hi Alan,
Thanks for the welcome!
I'm sure you get a star after the 30 day/30 post period.
That's pretty standard nowdays, and its a great way to get new members up to speed.

I would love to go over to Oahu. That's where all the rc action is!
The only problem is they closed the dragstrip. :(
If you can get them to re-open it for me, then I'll start packing my bags! Haha

One of these days I'll make a trip over there to see you guys. Maybe I'll stop by durring the Pipemasters. That's something else I'd like to checkout over there!

So how about this Hurricane?
I'm hearing that it currently carrying winds of 140MPH!

Da Hermit 08-07-2009 02:19 AM

Made it to R/C Heaven at 3:45pm. Thrashed on my mini revo for 15 min.(broke the day before) Bashed for 10 min. Broke again. Saw Stone_'s Puller project. Left R/C Heaven at 4:15 to go pick-up my Daughter and stressed out mom-inlaw. Time in Heaven, WORTH IT!!!!! Hehehe.

See you soon:mrgreen:"thumbsup".

ReppRacing 08-07-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Hermit (Post 1930046)
Made it to R/C Heaven at 3:45pm. Thrashed on my mini revo for 15 min.(broke the day before) Bashed for 10 min. Broke again. Saw Stone_'s Puller project. Left R/C Heaven at 4:15 to go pick-up my Daughter and stressed out mom-inlaw. Time in Heaven, WORTH IT!!!!! Hehehe.

See you soon:mrgreen:"thumbsup".

Haha!
You sound like one of those MasterCard commercials..."Priceless!"

How do you like the new Mini-Revo so far?

I've had mini's in the past, but I just get frustrated whenever I have to work on them. They're a lot of fun, but they're just too small for me when it comes time to wrench on them.

Da Hermit 08-08-2009 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReppRacing (Post 1931322)
Haha!
You sound like one of those MasterCard commercials..."Priceless!"

How do you like the new Mini-Revo so far?

I've had mini's in the past, but I just get frustrated whenever I have to work on them. They're a lot of fun, but they're just too small for me when it comes time to wrench on them.

Today...same scenerio with the Slash. Worth it.

Anyways, the Mini revo is a non-regretable purchase. Fun, fun, fun.

Wrenching the mini revo is a little easier than the 18t IMO. But still get plenny parts though.
Just got done killing 2 pack's of drifting in my garage. So, when you ready, we ready"thumbsup".

ReppRacing 08-08-2009 01:49 AM

Cool.
Maybe I'll try another mini...someday.
I just sold my brushless mini-t baja. That thing was a blast!

I just found my charger the other day, so I grabbed a couple of cars and my bro and I did some bashing up and down the driveway. I ran my brushless xxxt and he ran his stock slash. They aren't fast by anymeans, but still fun to kick up a little dirt. :)

I think I'm going to stretch my xxxt and mount a slash body on it!

stone_64 08-09-2009 03:21 AM

what's up cuz! glad to have another r/c guy in hilo. come down to the shop and check out my f-350 crewcab i've been working on. i know everybody , it's taking a long time to finish but it runs now! it will try to pull the sled this weekend!

ReppRacing 08-09-2009 02:42 PM

Hey Stone,

Sounds killer. I'll come down and check it out. Do you work over at RC Heaven?

I've got to get moving on some of my projects. Most are still boxed up. Where do you guys go to run your stuff? I don't want to get my neighbors mad when I'm running my loud cars.

Mahalo for the warm welcome, and be safe. I hear the Hurricane has turned into a tropical storm/depression.

stone_64 08-12-2009 10:50 PM

no i don't, but jus like how much i hang out there.

ReppRacing 08-13-2009 12:04 AM

That's how I was at my old hobby shop.
I was there so much that the customers thought I worked there. Haha

What day are you guys going to be running this weekend?

BIGKAHAPUMP 08-13-2009 03:21 AM

whats up my braddah,we should be meetin up soon,but we get one comp. this saturday. not to sure where,but sopose to be kpua. come check us out."thumbsup" whats up stone i should be there. not to sure who coming:-P

ReppRacing 08-14-2009 12:07 AM

Sounds good.
I'm going to be hanging out at the Drags this weekend, but I'll try to swing by. :)