I wanna be Dave

2 dolla make you hoola!!!
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2010, 03:03 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlaSS View Post
i'd be willing to pay $5 per truck.

can 5 dawlah da pot will be bigger depends what u guys want let me know.im down 4 what evas.
animal 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:41 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

$5 per truck in each class..........sounds good . winner take all in each class. good size pot no mater how many guys playing. we should do this earlier though............summer too far away. run what you guys got right now. make the summer one a big one, meaning bigger pot and bigger bragging rights !

got mine done.......only gotta paint the body ! and DTP, no worry............not gonna get stuck throttle, not running that make of truck !
RydeFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:17 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

You guys NEED to watch this video & read the discussion after good stuff in there.

Official ORCRC Top Truck Challenge Video 2009
Old 02-19-2010, 12:39 AM   #25
Rock Stacker

Location: ***Just a rock floating in the middle of the pacific ***

video is pretty mean i like it kinda worried about that tank trap thing,but fawk'em give'em
kaotik crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:47 AM   #26

Default so when will be?

so when will the top truck be there alot of guys from waianae that just got into crawlering and want to come out,i talked to a guy that was in trcc,he to come here so hit me up with the date and more info
smoky and da bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:31 AM   #27
oso

ya i know im new to this but im down.
oso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:38 AM   #28
oso

Hey boyz lets do this. I did some research and if we all pitch in we could do this and might as well as get some give aways. like i said in the last post i am new but, im hooked and i know i dont belong in a club(yet) but i am willing to help out. i will be moving to oahu next week so i will have time to help over there. come on this is hawaii we can do anything we set our mind to it. check out the details.

http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/event_form.html
Old 03-10-2010, 09:14 AM   #29

As long as I am not out to sea, I am in. I will run both classes.

Andrew
rileycoopah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky and da bandit View Post
so when will the top truck be there alot of guys from waianae that just got into crawlering and want to come out,i talked to a guy that was in trcc,he to come here so hit me up with the date and more info
No date has been set yet, we're still trying to find the right location. I know the sandbox would be the perfect place, thety have all the dirt, rocks, hills, equiptment & water. They will let me do this there. Only problem is some, if not most will be turned off having to pay the $15 to get in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso View Post
Hey boyz lets do this. I did some research and if we all pitch in we could do this and might as well as get some give aways. like i said in the last post i am new but, im hooked and i know i dont belong in a club(yet) but i am willing to help out. i will be moving to oahu next week so i will have time to help over there. come on this is hawaii we can do anything we set our mind to it. check out the details.

http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/event_form.html
Don't worry, we were all noobs once too. You will not need to be a part of any club.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:28 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

I typed a long f'n response that took long time and my f'n comp went freeze. So here we go AGAIN.

DTP, do you have direct contact with the guys who run sandbox? You think that if we can garantee a certain amount of people they would lower the entrance fee? With the expencted amount of truck I think we might have to setup everything before the actual event. So although Keana Pt. has good terrain, it might not be the ideal location.

As for the entrance fee, I have no problem with $15. We payed that much to slot car drag race and this will be alot better. I also remember dishing out $100+ dollars on Pro Gas weekend only to get my ass handed to me in the first round. I know the economic situation has been pretty tight for alot of people these days so I apologize if I said anything wrong.

Too bad non of us own a farm or something where we could set up and not be disturbed. Well my .02
cutlaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:44 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I typed a long f'n response that took long time and my f'n comp went freeze. So here we go AGAIN.

DTP, do you have direct contact with the guys who run sandbox? You think that if we can garantee a certain amount of people they would lower the entrance fee? With the expencted amount of truck I think we might have to setup everything before the actual event. So although Keana Pt. has good terrain, it might not be the ideal location.

As for the entrance fee, I have no problem with $15. We payed that much to slot car drag race and this will be alot better. I also remember dishing out $100+ dollars on Pro Gas weekend only to get my ass handed to me in the first round. I know the economic situation has been pretty tight for alot of people these days so I apologize if I said anything wrong.

Too bad non of us own a farm or something where we could set up and not be disturbed. Well my .02
Yes, I know both the owners. One of them helped shut d's & I build our 50 track. I am fairly sure the entrance fee is set in stone. They are a buisness after all.

I don't have a problem with the fee either, in fact, I paid the membership. With the amount we spend on our toys, 15 bux ain't a whole lot to go play with them. But, I degress, I know some have issues with paying to do what they can for "free".

One thing I keep thinking back to was up in the mountain when this was first talked about. "Keep it fun" But now there seems to be alot of intrest..............what to do? Did we outgrow the event before it even happened?
Old 03-11-2010, 02:13 AM   #33
oso

I have no problem with fee. like you said this is for fun. now if i paid 150 thats not as fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
Yes, I know both the owners. One of them helped shut d's & I build our 50 track. I am fairly sure the entrance fee is set in stone. They are a buisness after all.

I don't have a problem with the fee either, in fact, I paid the membership. With the amount we spend on our toys, 15 bux ain't a whole lot to go play with them. But, I degress, I know some have issues with paying to do what they can for "free".

One thing I keep thinking back to was up in the mountain when this was first talked about. "Keep it fun" But now there seems to be alot of intrest..............what to do? Did we outgrow the event before it even happened?
Old 03-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

Jeremy, Shawn and Tatum. What you guys think?
Old 03-11-2010, 04:45 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post

i think we may have out grown our original plans.i guess we werent the only ones who was waiting for some thing like this. i think it was a good idea to post it and see what happens sb is starting to look better as it grows we dont have to worry about permits or any thing DTP do they have a group rate? but if not SB lokks like the best thing to do at this point.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by animal 4x4 View Post
i think we may have out grown our original plans.i guess we werent the only ones who was waiting for some thing like this. i think it was a good idea to post it and see what happens sb is starting to look better as it grows we dont have to worry about permits or any thing DTP do they have a group rate? but if not SB lokks like the best thing to do at this point.
braddah jeremy sorry i forgot you have da family. i willing to sponsor either one of you keiki if you like.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:07 PM   #37

Quote:
braddah jeremy sorry i forgot you have da family. i willing to sponsor either one of you keiki if you like.

thanx but if can can nocan nocan.not too bad now economy getting better but you can never tell
Old 03-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #38

ok.....we did out grow the original plan.....thats a good suggestion ,having the event at sandbox.....one of my concerns would be for the spectators/families , you gonna make them pay $15 each to come and cheer you on?
garage5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by garage5 View Post
ok.....we did out grow the original plan.....thats a good suggestion ,having the event at sandbox.....one of my concerns would be for the spectators/families , you gonna make them pay $15 each to come and cheer you on?
That would suck!! But,,,,,I believe it's NOT like Race World. Spectators don't have to pay,,,I think. I'll make sure.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

I know the Sandbox was pushing for a spectator fee a couple of months back for the bmx track, we had to fight that one, but not sure how it is now because I haven't been to the track in a few weeks.

*edit* For the bmx track it was like making the parents pay to watch their kids race, which is unfair considering the young kids had no way of getting to the track w/o their parents. Maybe a fee was for race days only, not practice days. I guess info on this is needed.

Last edited by RusT808; 03-12-2010 at 02:05 PM.
RusT808 is offline   Reply With Quote