Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Hawaii

Notices

Thread: Shaka Brah Classic III - Nov 21, 2015

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2015, 11:15 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Shaka Brah Classic III - Nov 21, 2015

I've been patiently waiting for an update to the RECON G6 schedule, hoping that it might be coming back to Oahu in April. Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon the f-book posting for the Shaka Brah Classic III happening in just over 10 days and there's not been so much as a peep about it here!

Can attendees from a previous Shaka Brah can provide any details? What are the chances for multi-day, early registration, camping on site, potluck, etc.? This will be my first event of any type and I don't want to eff it up. I've reviewed the schedule from SBC II and RECON G6 basics so I have a general idea of what to expect.

I'll be coming from the Big Island so I need to know when to book a flight, get a car and maybe hotel. All I have to go on at this point is a week from this Saturday at noon. Not much help there

Thanks!
mikebecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2015, 10:44 AM   #2

Default Re: Shaka Brah Classic III - Nov 21, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebecher View Post
I've been patiently waiting for an update to the RECON G6 schedule, hoping that it might be coming back to Oahu in April. Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon the f-book posting for the Shaka Brah Classic III happening in just over 10 days and there's not been so much as a peep about it here!

Can attendees from a previous Shaka Brah can provide any details? What are the chances for multi-day, early registration, camping on site, potluck, etc.? This will be my first event of any type and I don't want to eff it up. I've reviewed the schedule from SBC II and RECON G6 basics so I have a general idea of what to expect.

I'll be coming from the Big Island so I need to know when to book a flight, get a car and maybe hotel. All I have to go on at this point is a week from this Saturday at noon. Not much help there

Thanks!
Whats up mike. My names kahana. I've been checking daily for info and have not seen any yet, but it should be posted soon either here on rcc in the Hawaii section or the G6 section. It may also be posted on the recong6 website so i check all 3.

I went to the last shaka brah classic II & it was a blast. It was 2 days, a day & a night stage & some races on the last day. I'm am curious to see where the event will take place. Last one was a KRP (Kapolei Raceway Park) so it was easy to camp out overnight for the 2 days, but due to other reasons KRP is shutdown. Everyone is very friendly & helps out one another. The intel will have a lot of info of what to bring & what to equip your scaler with. Last year everyone was encouraged to bring a coconut for extra points & parker used them on the stages. Winches, tow straps, sandramps, lights certain scale items are not required but highly recommended. No body is ever turned away so everyone is encouraged to come From older to younger people. We did have a potluck on the first night & i would assume we would have one on this next one also. Hope that helps & hope you can make it. Take it easy ; ) \m/
Starman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 12:54 PM   #3

Last shaka brah classic II

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/recon...ml#post4213041
Starman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:30 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Finally an update on this. Rather than copy-paste info that may very well change, here's the farcebook link https://www.facebook.com/events/1622852148003638/

Got my flight booked for Friday night since nothing is left for early enough on Saturday morning, then head back out Sunday at the crack of dawn (unless there's more action).

Looking forward to meeting everyone next week!
Old 11-13-2015, 07:40 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Info don't get posted till the week of. Tuesday the 17th is when said info will be posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
special agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:34 PM   #6

Still no info on the spot
army of one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:30 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Bellows Beach, that's the latest.

Shaka Brah Classic III - Nov 21, 2015 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RECON G6 "Shaka Brah Classic II" DRIVNMF Recon G6 114 09-05-2014 03:11 PM
Shaka Brah Classic Recon G6 III special agent Hawaii 11 04-04-2014 05:57 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "Shaka, Brah Classic" G6 by AXIAL RACING / VP / Pit Bull Tires DRIVNMF Recon G6 168 06-27-2012 07:10 PM
Aloha, RECON G6 Challenge "Shaka, Brah Classic" DRIVNMF Recon G6 142 04-19-2012 01:00 PM