RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Holmes Hobbies (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/)
-   -   TorqueMaster Pro Handwound Rock Crawler motors (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/111846-torquemaster-pro-handwound-rock-crawler-motors.html)

JohnRobHolmes 03-24-2008 01:26 PM

TorqueMaster Pro Handwound Rock Crawler motors

http://holmeshobbies.com/skin1/images/Guido.jpg

When you have a need for power that isn't satisfied by normal brushed motor, it is time to step it up a notch with a precision built Handwound! The Holmes Hobbies TorqueMaster Pro is a hand built "540" with the finest parts and construction techniques available. Our building team has a combined 45 years of experience, the most experienced in the world for the humble 540! We guarantee the finest and most up to date construction on our Pro motors. With podium spots and overall wins at state, regional, and national events worldwide- this motor is the proven winner! If you want something a more custom than what you see here, simply contact us. We are happy to build you exactly what you need.

* Hand-Wound Armature – Each armatures are pattern hand wound to your order by professionals. We use carefully selected wire gauges for peak power and torque. Each armature is epoxy resin encapsulated, terminated with high temp silver alloys, and dynamically balanced with epoxy (at no extra charge) for peak torque and efficiency. There is no better armature than ones made with care by Holmes!

* Standup Brush and 10mm Comm- Maximizes torque and motor longevity
* Laydown Brush and 10mm Comm- Maximizes power at expense of motor life
* Gold plated copper brush hood to resist corrosion and provide lowest resistance
* 5mm web 3 slot armature- Maximizes torque and efficiency
* 4mm web 3 slot armature- Maximizes power and RPMs
* Can – 1.4mm thick can features minimal venting and two high-power FB9 wet magnets to maximize torque and efficiency
* Onboard Surface Mount Capacitors – Helps eliminate unwanted radio interference caused by electric motors
* Dual Ball bearings
* Adjustable timing
* 0.55mm XX springs for consistent drag brake
* 729 type soft brushes for high torque and long motor life
* Broken in for immediate installation and use

Every motor carries a 30 day warranty to cover manufacturing defects. When you want the best 540 motor, choose the TorqueMaster Pro!

Motor speeds taken from averaged lots at zero timing with no load, 5mm web and standup brushes
10t = 6526 rpm/volt
15t = 4317 rpm/volt
17t = 3753 rpm/volt
20t = 3216 rpm/volt
21t = 3082 rpm/volt
23t = 2790 rpm/volt
25t = 2588 rpm/volt
35t = 1565 rpm/volt
45t = 1210 rpm/volt
55t = 987 rpm/volt
65t = 837 rpm/volt

-Matched pairs available. We select matched pairs from lots of 40 dyno tested motors to ensure the best match possible. Just matching two motors on a dyno does not come close to the precision of matching from larger lots.

-6 degrees of advance is popular and will not adversely affect motor life. When advanced timing is requested, it is our choice unless otherwise requested. With no timing requested we time motors at zero for no risk of improper installation

-Brushes are bolted on with standard construction. While soldered on brushes were popular with the racing crowd, we have found it unnecessary for the low vibration situations of crawling. Bolt on brushes also exhibit lower resistance than most soldered on. However, if you prefer a soldered brush we will do this at no charge.

-Brush Orientation: Standup brush hoods are standard equipment, and strongly recommended. Laydown hoods can be installed, but we only recommend this for advanced users that are familiar with motor care and are willing to care for the motor more frequently.

-Fat Pack wire: The standard wire gauge used will create a very powerful motor, but we can fit a 1/2 gauge heavier upon request. These are made to order, and typically have a two week wait list. This will increase the motor power and decrease the motor life. This modification is popular with drivers that want to get the most from their motor at any expense.

Check them out at HolmesHobbies.com!

http://holmeshobbies.com/image.php?t...&ts=1237511523

TLTRyan 03-26-2008 12:29 PM

Do you have any plans to offer a Hand wound armature separately?

Grizzly4x4 03-26-2008 01:06 PM

These will be just the ticket for my GC-1 and SW2 chassis rigs that a Cobalt Puller won't fit in.

Great work John! "thumbsup"

JohnRobHolmes 03-26-2008 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLTRyan (Post 1113545)
Do you have any plans to offer a Hand wound armature separately?

I can look into that, should be no problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 (Post 1113598)
These will be just the ticket for my GC-1 and SW2 chassis rigs that a Cobalt Puller won't fit in.

Great work John! "thumbsup"

Same here. My sw2 wants some loving and I don't want to hack it up.

How do you like the integration of the item on my site? I put all of the wind counts into one product, I think it will streamline the site.

Grizzly4x4 03-26-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 1113987)
Same here. My sw2 wants some loving and I don't want to hack it up.

How do you like the integration of the item on my site? I put all of the wind counts into one product, I think it will streamline the site.

The SW2's are going to be collectors items soon, given how busy Fred is. :lol:

I LOVED the setup on the site. It was really nice to be able to compare the specs for all the motors on one page and then be able to order the one you want right there.
I used the info to put into an excel spreadsheet for calculating wheelspeed, it was nice not to have to bounce back and forth like I did with the Cobalt Pullers. Very nice. "thumbsup"
Now I've just got to decide, 35T or 45T.......prolly both.

BTW John, can you put up the kv of the 7T Puller?

JohnRobHolmes 03-26-2008 07:26 PM

I will need to recalculate the 7t, I think it is somewhere around 2300 rpm/volt. I will get to that and consolidate the product at the same time for easy comparison.

Gatekeeper 04-25-2008 04:04 PM

Just got my Holmes Hobbies handwound 35t motors
All I can say is they are amazing.I have been missing out"thumbsup"

yukon635 05-02-2008 07:16 AM

hey JRH, what is the weight of these 540's compared to a normal lathe motor (e.g. 55T) and also how much longer is the entire motor from the mounting face to the end of the bell?

Tanis 05-02-2008 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yukon635 (Post 1170606)
hey JRH, what is the weight of these 540's compared to a normal lathe motor (e.g. 55T) and also how much longer is the entire motor from the mounting face to the end of the bell?

These are the same size/weight as a normal lathe motor"thumbsup"

Grizzly4x4 05-02-2008 09:37 AM

I got a couple in the mail the other day. These motors are so beautiful I don't know if I should put them on display or use them. :lol:

Great job John and thank you. "thumbsup" I can't wait to try them out.

JohnRobHolmes 05-02-2008 10:59 AM

Glad you guys are liking them. I have actually been using 540 motors again because of these. :lol:

yukon635 05-02-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanis (Post 1170690)
These are the same size/weight as a normal lathe motor"thumbsup"

thanks tanis, for some reason I was thinking they were longer. So that is good to here that it will fit in my new truck and super "thumbsup"

TK421 05-18-2008 02:04 PM

Are you guys still happy with these? I am about to order a 45T for my DMG comp rig.

Lou

DenverFJ 05-18-2008 03:37 PM

Any plans to offer these in "hotter" winds ? I could use a 10 turn for my puller.

Mark

JohnRobHolmes 05-18-2008 03:55 PM

Yes, I have some extra winds on the way and can get any custom done. I have a mounted up/ broken in 10t here actually.

DenverFJ 05-18-2008 04:29 PM

Cool ... I'll take it !!! ... Paypal ? ... if ya have any HH Stickers, I'll through on my truck.

Thanks,

Mark

Flyin Hawaiian 05-22-2008 08:44 PM

Ive ordered a 35T motor on the 10Th of may and here it is 22ND and still no motor,email several times been days and still no motor don't know it shows 3 in stock. really would like that motor

TK421 05-22-2008 08:56 PM

I ordered mine sunday and it showed up wednsday. I have no complaints. I can't wait to get it in my rig and rockin'!

Lou

Flyin Hawaiian 05-23-2008 08:19 PM

He emailed me back today and he's waiting for the new shipment of motors,
because the winder promised the motors yesterday but never came.

JohnRobHolmes 06-17-2008 01:22 PM

35t motors back in stock, 45t getting wound right now.