Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies
Loading

Notices

Thread: TorqueMaster Pro Handwound Rock Crawler motors

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 08:30 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave
 
War Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest
Posts: 6,878
Default

Hey John, I've been patiently waiting for a 45T. Are they done yet? Everyone up here in the NW keep telling me "wait for the HH handwound, you won't be sorry" so here I am, waiting ........
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2008, 10:08 AM   #62
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Alexandria
Posts: 208
Default

Everyone is right, if there is anything worth waiting for, it's these motors. I didn't think ANYTHING would ever turn me away from brushless and LiPo, but after seeing one of these run, and then getting my own, I knew that everything that I perceived to be truth about brushed motors was completely destroyed by one man, John Robert Holmes. After running the handwound/mamba max combo, I sold my two Novak Goat systems, and I now have two Holmes Hobbies 35 turn handwound motors, two 7 turn Cobalt motors, and a 10 turn Cobalt. I feel better about reccomending these motors to my friends and customers than any other motor on the market.
CharliesTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:04 PM   #63
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winston-Salem
Posts: 158
Default

building a new crawler with an R2 tranny and Trex60 axles. I'm thinkin the 55 turn would be too slow, would a 35 be about right? I don't like a really slow rig, and like some wheelspeed. 35 turn or should I get a 25 turn?

Thanks!
Tacoma747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:04 PM   #64
Keep it real
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Yakima,WA
Posts: 6,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Hey John, I've been patiently waiting for a 45T. Are they done yet? Everyone up here in the NW keep telling me "wait for the HH handwound, you won't be sorry" so here I am, waiting ........
Yes Tim, they are definitely worth the waitonly motors I run anymore.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:44 AM   #65
I wanna be Dave
 
War Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest
Posts: 6,878
Default

Alright Nathan, I trust you . So John, how about it.....will you have any 45t available soon?
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:46 AM   #66
I wanna be Dave
 
War Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest
Posts: 6,878
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharliesTheMan View Post
Everyone is right, if there is anything worth waiting for, it's these motors. I didn't think ANYTHING would ever turn me away from brushless and LiPo, but after seeing one of these run, and then getting my own, I knew that everything that I perceived to be truth about brushed motors was completely destroyed by one man, John Robert Holmes. After running the handwound/mamba max combo, I sold my two Novak Goat systems, and I now have two Holmes Hobbies 35 turn handwound motors, two 7 turn Cobalt motors, and a 10 turn Cobalt. I feel better about reccomending these motors to my friends and customers than any other motor on the market.
Someone has a little man crush.......
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 01:00 PM   #67
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Denver
Posts: 119
Default

Hey John,

Love my 10T ... it really hits hard. Any chance of getting an 8T ... also I think those cans would look great black with a HH logo on em.

Thanks,

Mark
DenverFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:06 AM   #68
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: dublin
Posts: 734
Default 35 t

when are the 35t handwound motors going to be in ?? been out for a while now.
ROCKCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:54 AM   #69
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posts: 520
Default

JRH. I'm still waiting patiently for a 45t. Any updates?
rc4x4crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:58 AM   #70
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ncrccrawlers.com
Posts: 216
Default

Hey John I saw you post above about having to design a new motor because the old one has been discontinued. Please put me down for a 35t (old or new) when they are back in stock. I will wait because I hear they are the best, well next in line behind your cobalts anyway. Also could you give me a PM when they are back in stock so I dont miss the next shippment?

Thanks
Doug
j33pownr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:16 AM   #71
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC
 
JohnRobHolmes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Volt up! Gear down!
Posts: 20,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverFJ View Post
Hey John,

Love my 10T ... it really hits hard. Any chance of getting an 8T ... also I think those cans would look great black with a HH logo on em.

Thanks,

Mark
I can get anything wound that you want. I have some 4 magnet cans that may work best for an 8t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKCAD View Post
when are the 35t handwound motors going to be in ?? been out for a while now.
They may all ship to me today if the assembling goes through without a hitch. 85 motors and about all of them have been claimed! I haven't done preorders yet though, so no worries about availability on my site

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33pownr View Post
Hey John I saw you post above about having to design a new motor because the old one has been discontinued. Please put me down for a 35t (old or new) when they are back in stock. I will wait because I hear they are the best, well next in line behind your cobalts anyway. Also could you give me a PM when they are back in stock so I dont miss the next shippment?

Thanks
Doug
Doug,

If you sign up for newsletters on my site I will send out an email as soon as they hit my doorstep. This would be the easiest way by far, and the most accurate for me.


As for a new motor design, I am waiting for a few quotes from factories right now. I am going to have to buy a TON of motors (technically a half ton) to continue the line of nice 540 brushed motors, but I am committed to this now and will probably get a loan against my house for it
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:17 AM   #72
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ncrccrawlers.com
Posts: 216
Default

Thanks for the quick response and I will be helping to pay off your home loan soon enough. Now if someone will pay off mine.
j33pownr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:34 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In Cali.
Posts: 4,109
Default

John....don't forget my BO.
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:46 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lagrange
Posts: 261
Default

I will be picking up a couple 35t they are back in stock i already signed up for the newsletter.. Thanks
SuperBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 06:06 AM   #75
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC
 
JohnRobHolmes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Volt up! Gear down!
Posts: 20,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer4Life View Post
John....don't forget my BO.
You are on top of all other orders sir, sorry about the long wait and mistake on my part.


Just got shipping notification last night, they will arrive on the 28th (tomorrow).
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:48 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In Cali.
Posts: 4,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
You are on top of all other orders sir, sorry about the long wait and mistake on my part.


Just got shipping notification last night, they will arrive on the 28th (tomorrow).
You are a gentleman and a scholar. No issue on the wait. Its worth it.

Thanks so much,
Tom
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:01 PM   #77
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC
 
JohnRobHolmes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Volt up! Gear down!
Posts: 20,230
Default

Just got the shipment in. We got 25 each of 35, 45, and 55t motors. Already about 10 have sold.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:29 PM   #78
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 1,496
Default

Could not decide between 45T and 55T, so I bought 2 of each.
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #79
Trying to have Fun Again
 
Red Rockcrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In your fridge stealing a beer
Posts: 2,923
Default

I just bought 2 35t.
Red Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #80
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ncrccrawlers.com
Posts: 216
Default

I just got a 35t and a CCBEC Thanks John
j33pownr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



TorqueMaster Pro Handwound Rock Crawler motors - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
R1 w/ HH TorqueMaster Pro 540 Handwound nafie Electronics 2 07-16-2011 11:12 AM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com