Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: Fast Lane Machine SPV2 Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 11:39 PM   #1
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Default Fast Lane Machine SPV2 Chassis

Finally got some SPV2 chassis in, these are the direct bolt in replacements for the AX10. Down and dirty is that it fits the body-less dimensions for USRCCA rules and is super light at less than 6 ounces. That's right, no fluff or catchy ad. I wouldn't carry these things if I didn't love the look, geometry, and concept of the design.

Pick yours up at www.HolmesHobbies.com, in the accessories or Axial section. Here is a pic from my Nationals Rig.

JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
RCC Addict

I agree, these things are pretty sweet. John's rig looked pretty solid at nat's
dirk379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:42 AM   #3
~THE SCALE SHOP~

thats sweet, so these are 100% comp legal to run with no body?
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:58 AM   #4

Yep, you just need panels.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:14 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Any video of this thing in action? Maybe your rig at Nationals?
Thanks
raceplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Ordered mine today from you JRH.... Ought to be a decent setup with my HH 7T Cobalt and KK delrin high clearance links
One question, though. Do you have to run the lower links on the outside of the chassis, or can you run them on the inside?
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:02 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

You can run them on the inside, but you will have to notch out the stock skid plate with a Dremel tool (takes like 5 minutes total) or pick up and aftermarket version.

stampedeproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:01 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampedeproject View Post
You can run them on the inside, but you will have to notch out the stock skid plate with a Dremel tool (takes like 5 minutes total) or pick up and aftermarket version.
Thanks for the reply...
Old 10-20-2008, 06:36 PM   #9

Yep, the stock axial setup needs some modification or aftermarket skid. I missed your Q last week, matt. Your chassis will be shipping out tomorrow, the Chicago iHobby show put me a bit behind.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:15 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Yep, the stock axial setup needs some modification or aftermarket skid. I missed your Q last week, matt. Your chassis will be shipping out tomorrow, the Chicago iHobby show put me a bit behind.
No worries, JRH
I've got an aftermarket skid and stock skid, so I've got it covered either way...
Old 10-26-2008, 07:33 PM   #11
RCC Addict

You planning to stock any of these in the narrow berg width? I'd like one of those, but didn't see them on the website. Any ETA?
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:33 AM   #12

The only difference is the 55mm standoffs. I may get the berg width on the next run of chassis.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:23 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

John, thinking about trying one of these chassis out.

I have your 7T Cobalt and the DNA dig, and have just gone to some Losi 4" shocks to lower things. I am also running the East End Dual Triangulation skid, and with it and lowering all, I have nearly NO down travel in the back, as the bent links hit the back of the motor, and the dig unit.

Wondering if the chassis would be any help with all of this, or to keep messing around and getting a link setup that will work with a stock chassis.
Jeff
jfischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:28 AM   #14

This chassis will set up almost identical to stock. With the skid you are using you may need to try something different to avoid the motor, maybe turn the tranny around so the motor faces forward?
Old 11-08-2008, 01:43 AM   #15
Rock Stacker

I thought about that, but with using the DNA dig unit, I don't think that is possible, and it is hitting the dig unit just about the same place as the motor. One way I thought about was to move the links back towards the outside more, rather then having the full triangulation.

I was in a hurry trying to get some cars ready for races, so I will check it out more when I get a bit more time and maybe see what I can meke, or come up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
This chassis will set up almost identical to stock. With the skid you are using you may need to try something different to avoid the motor, maybe turn the tranny around so the motor faces forward?
jfischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

got the flm axial 81mm one. why are all the screws the same size? how do i attached the shock mounts? m3 screws? what size? thats the only downside. FLM's natorious for forgetting screws and negecting other things. my flm 2" pede chassis came with a junk antenna mount that did't fit anywhere and the arms needed to be sanded down a bit to fit the casters and bulkhead. nothing big, can't expect the world from them and they did good by your design with this chassis, as far as i can tell. just need some loctite and i'm ready to build this thing. thanks for thinkin' 'er up.
minor_threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by minor_threat View Post
got the flm axial 81mm one. why are all the screws the same size? how do i attached the shock mounts? m3 screws? what size? thats the only downside. FLM's natorious for forgetting screws and negecting other things. my flm 2" pede chassis came with a junk antenna mount that did't fit anywhere and the arms needed to be sanded down a bit to fit the casters and bulkhead. nothing big, can't expect the world from them and they did good by your design with this chassis, as far as i can tell. just need some loctite and i'm ready to build this thing. thanks for thinkin' 'er up.
Screws included are to attach the chassis to the cross braces - I think there are two extras included

I thought I designed the chassis to use the stock shock mount screws. If not some roughly 1" long 3mm screws should work just fine.

Thanks - Seems more and more people are realizing how good of a performer this little chassis is. FLM's skid plate links are also great - I have been testing a set and they are some of the best links I have tried yet.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:12 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

yeah, it's nice. looks like a toyota hatchback. what i don't like is that the shocks have to mounted on the outside for the axial direct fit chassis.
omaha? i've played many a friday night gig in that town. nice. anyway...sorry...got a solution for getting the shock back inside the chassis?
minor_threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by minor_threat View Post
yeah, it's nice. looks like a toyota hatchback. what i don't like is that the shocks have to mounted on the outside for the axial direct fit chassis.
omaha? i've played many a friday night gig in that town. nice. anyway...sorry...got a solution for getting the shock back inside the chassis?
A number of folks are now mounting shocks on the inside.
Check out this thread SPV2 - FLM Chassis Build