Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: TorqueMaster Mini - Losi Replacement motors! (discontinued)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #81

I am having stall problems with the torquemaster..... help
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2010, 11:17 AM   #82
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Ill need some info. Like what you are running for ESC and battery. Does it go again if you give it a nudge or is it an overall lack of power? Ran it through any water?
Old 01-22-2010, 06:57 PM   #83
Quarry Creeper

Got my motor in today after it was lost in Atlanta for a few days. I love the motor. Just a heads up though the motor wires are reversed. Thank you for a great product.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:48 PM   #84
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Just got a box in, factory fresh. I have 33 turn motors on the site, which was the origional turn count I found out. I also have some 22 turn motors here if anybody is interested...
So the 22s would be faster? still smooth? Can these be ran on 3s now that we can run 3s at crawls?
Old 01-26-2010, 04:23 AM   #85
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.T. View Post
So the 22s would be faster? still smooth? Can these be ran on 3s now that we can run 3s at crawls?
This is what it says on his website:

" 33t recommended for 2 and 3s lipo use, 22t should only be used on 2s lipo (7.4v) max."
Old 01-26-2010, 08:59 PM   #86
Rock Stacker

right now i'm running the stump puller on 2s. Which one would be closer to it's top speed? 22 or 33?
Old 01-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #87

I think the stump puller is 19t IIRC. So the 22t is closer.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #88
Quarry Creeper

just ordered mine last night. my first purchase from you and from what i hear will be a good one. lookin forward to gettin it.
thanks
Old 01-30-2010, 08:15 AM   #89
Quarry Creeper

I am looking at one of these and am new to the crawler thing. I am planning on running the 22t one with a rooster crawler and tenergy 2s 25c 1300 lipo and was wondering what you think of this combo. Will the ESC hold this combo? Thanks for any help and am looking forward to ordering my motor as soon as I hear from you all.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #90
dnf

ok I know your busy john and it may be a while befor you can respond.
I have 3 mrc's and I love to drive em.
I have a goose system in 2 of them and they do have goobs of speed.
I love heavy steep climbs/drops with gates involved.
and I have never been happy with the holding power in those situations.

I now have purchased a used truck with a tekin B1R and a MTM
already installed.
at first I loved the power of the brake.
but the motor was way slow compared to th goose.
plenty of torque though.
now I have my throttle dialed at max on my radio with expo dial;ed down to compensate and wheel speed is greatly improved.
I may be able to get used to it. time will tell.

I was thinking it may be a 33t if so go 22t and I'd be set.
so I opened it up and thought there would be a marking on the comm.
saying 22t or 33t. but I find nothing.
is there a way to tell?
also one brush is worn more than the other.

and it seems the spring on the worn brush is real soft while the other sprong seems good?
and it appears the comm may be worn pretty good where the brushes make contact.

also what can you tell me about a 11t cobalt 400 puller.
would this possibly quench my thirst for speed and help give me
the perfect low end precision controle I want.?

thanks

Last edited by rock hard; 02-15-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:51 PM   #91
Quarry Creeper

I noticed the silver bushes on your site for the MTM. I read that they offer more longevity, do they offer any increased performance over the standard brushes? Thanks.

-Matt
Old 02-28-2010, 06:53 AM   #92
Quarry Creeper

Question

I am having some issues with my MTM. I am running a Tekin FXr, Trenergy 2s lipo and the 33t motor. First off I love this motor,plenty of torque, and wheel speed for me. When I come to a stop I have to nudge it to get it going again. I hooked up the factory motor and it runs every time. I broke the motor in and tried everything that I knoe to try. Any help will be greatly appericated.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:31 AM   #93
Quarry Creeper

OK i am having trouble picking what motor i am wanting. i am leaning for the 22T since i am building a scaler. What kind of torque loss from the 33t that i am running on my comp rig will i see by doing a 22t on the scaler. Right now i can throw the front tires where i want on the comp rig and power through most everything. I just dont want stall isuues by going to the 22T. Thanks Holmes for the great products and prices.

P.S. I see you are also holding off on making any more waterproof BR-XL ESC's. What would be the best way to waterproof lets say a Sidewinder? it is my second choice out of current ESC's for the scaler.

Cole
Old 05-01-2010, 10:09 AM   #94
Quarry Creeper

I posted this in the mini crawler section also but, I started having stalling issues with my 33t MTM a few weeks ago. It was also getting really hot. I investigated and found one of the brush wires was hanging by a thread and pegged that as the problem. I just installed new silver brushes and strong springs. I ran it in for a while in my hand. After a while it was getting hot and stalling when I would let it stop. I would have to spin it to get it going again. I have also cleaned it multiple times. So new brushes, new springs, and it's clean. I tested my esc with the stock motor and it worked fine so it's not the esc. It seems like it only stalls when it stops at a specific point. Any ideas??
Old 05-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #95
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCnoob View Post
I posted this in the mini crawler section also but, I started having stalling issues with my 33t MTM a few weeks ago. It was also getting really hot. I investigated and found one of the brush wires was hanging by a thread and pegged that as the problem. I just installed new silver brushes and strong springs. I ran it in for a while in my hand. After a while it was getting hot and stalling when I would let it stop. I would have to spin it to get it going again. I have also cleaned it multiple times. So new brushes, new springs, and it's clean. I tested my esc with the stock motor and it worked fine so it's not the esc. It seems like it only stalls when it stops at a specific point. Any ideas??

After you run it and it starts to have this problem, check to see how free the brushes are in their holders.
Even with stronger springs, a slight bind in the holder will keep the brush from making good commutation.
If this is the case, remove the brush('s) keeping in mind their orientation to the holder, very lightly remove a little material from the sides, and then reinstall. Check to see how smooth they glide without the springs first, remove more material if needed at this time, and then reinstall the springs.

JC
Old 05-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #96
RCC Addict

When will the 33t motors be back on stock?
Old 06-10-2010, 04:27 PM   #97
Rock Crawler

I have the 22T and was enjoying this motor until the last comp.

It only has a handful of runs because I mainly do 2.2s, but since I usually drive 2 hours to a comp, I built a 1.9 so I could make it worthwhile. Basically, it only gets run at comps and that's about only 5 of them so far.

On to the problem. At the last comp, the motor locked up. It would move a little if I rotated the pinion by hand and then give it throttle...then it would stop.

After a couple tries, it just stopped altogether. I assumed it was the plastic gears in my tranny so i didn't really worry about.

Today, I went to rebuild the trans and everything is fine with it...the motor is very choppy to turn by hand and will only move a couple CM by using the throttle, if it moves at all.

What is wrong and is it going to be hard to fix? Why would a motor with so little run time have a problem already?

Running a B1R, 2s Lipo.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:02 PM   #98
Rock Crawler

Tore it down and found this:

Any help on this problem?
Old 06-12-2010, 07:07 AM   #99

I should be getting a new stack of motors in about two weeks. I will get you a new armature for it, and remedy any other customers with problems.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #100
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascman View Post
Tore it down and found this:

Any help on this problem?
I have the exact same issue on mine.......except I tried running mine and totally smoked my mongoose...........I mean literally smoke came out of the esc..now I know..I may need two of these John since I run two of these 33t's......which are awesome by the way........how long is the waiting list??
Closed Thread

TorqueMaster Mini - Losi Replacement motors! (discontinued) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holmes Hobbies Torquemaster Mini 33 VS 22 turn Motors Paul97 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 19 02-25-2010 11:44 AM
TorqueMaster Mini Giveaway Again!!! Losi Replacement motors! JohnRobHolmes Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 110 10-28-2008 10:46 AM
TorqueMaster Mini Giveaway! Losi Replacement motors! JohnRobHolmes Holmes Hobbies 156 10-20-2008 02:46 AM