Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: Holmes Hobbies TorqueMaster P-94 Pro Handwound

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 11:52 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

You might want to go back and flip the entire endbell 180*. Then hook up the motor correctly according to + and -. Start with all your trim settings, EPA's and EXP's that aplly to channel 2 to nuetral or 0. Reprogram/ recalibrate your esc. Then try again for the results you are looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubs Chops View Post
Mr holmes I have one of the old style torquemasters that just came in yesterday, Thank you very much BTW, and when i hooked it up it was turning in reverse. I had the positive to the red side of the can and the negative to the back. I tried reversing the channel on my radio and it went crazy. so i reprogramed the radio with the cannel reversed and it was working but i had a brake when going it reverse instead of forward. so i desoldered my deans plug and swithced the red tpo the negatice side and vise versa put my radio back to normal instead of reversed and now i have it turning in the right direction and i have a brack when going forward instead of when going in reverse, But my problem is it is way faster in reverse than forward. I hope this wasn;t to confusing and look forward to any help I can get.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2009, 10:08 AM   #42
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Next monday at the moment. They are almost done being wound.
It's Tuesday
Old 02-17-2009, 12:25 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

*Patiently tapping on the refresh button*
Old 02-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

i need to order some parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkrw3 View Post
It's Tuesday
Old 02-17-2009, 07:39 PM   #45

Welp, why even advertise that they are going to be available on a certain date when they keep getting pushed back. Not good customer service. We cant keep checking back every hour to see if its available.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Well he's a very reputable vendor, shit happens sometimes, I imagine they will be up soon. You can't make a fair assumption about customer service based on something like an item release/stock date, he can't control his suppliers, he's only relaying what they tell him.

Last edited by Boogie; 02-17-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:16 PM   #47

I know hes a good vendor... or i wouldnt be trying to buy his product. Ive heard a lot of good things about holmes hobbies. Im just stating that why even have a release date if its not going to happen. If you know even a day or two ahead of time that its not going to happen on a certain date then dont wait till that day or 2 days after the "expected" date to push the date back again. Im sure there are quite a few people out there that wasted there days refreshing the product page waiting for it to be in stock. I know I'm one of them. I'm one of many that would be thrilled to get this motor, but just want informed better when its going to be released.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:44 PM   #48
Pebble Pounder

I'm wondering how one of these motors would work for me in comparison to an Integy 55t. I'm also wanting to upgrade from a 7.2/7.4 volt battery to something like a 9.6v or 11.1v. So would I be in good shape with one of these motors in a 35t or 45t with the extra battery voltage?
Old 02-18-2009, 06:50 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

These will be a HUGE improvement over the integy 55t's, especially when combined with running a 3S lipo.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:32 PM   #50
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kish View Post
Welp, why even advertise that they are going to be available on a certain date when they keep getting pushed back. Not good customer service. We cant keep checking back every hour to see if its available.
I give estimations so that you can have an idea of when I expect them. When the timeline isn't met, I will give another update. Since I don't wind these myself I can't promise when they will be here, nor can I control how fast other companies work. Normally my estimations are pretty accurate since they are based on when the winder tells me they will be done. This time there were a few snags in his life that has put a wrench in the flow.

The other option is to give NO information on when I expect them. How many customers would be happy with that sort of response? Wait for an undetermined amount of time? Since I already own the teardowns, it merely boils down to estimating the winding schedule.

New expected arrival date is Feb 25th, the last processes are almost done and the motors should ship out tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:27 AM   #51

I understand your position, the only thing I'm trying to say is why wait till the last second to change the expected date. Theres a bunch of us on here that probably sitting on here refreshing our screens waiting for the "out of stock" to change. i know you cant do this all the time, but from the sounds of it this time you knew they were going to be delayed. Thanks thats all. I'm dropping the subject now. I'm hoping I get to purchase one of these motors. Theres a bunch of guys I crawl with that live by your product.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:35 AM   #52

I didn't know this time until yesterday actually, I did not have the time to keep checking back with my winder. When they didn't show up, I asked what was going on.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:05 AM   #53
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kish View Post
I understand your position, the only thing I'm trying to say is why wait till the last second to change the expected date. Theres a bunch of us on here that probably sitting on here refreshing our screens waiting for the "out of stock" to change. i know you cant do this all the time, but from the sounds of it this time you knew they were going to be delayed. Thanks thats all. I'm dropping the subject now. I'm hoping I get to purchase one of these motors. Theres a bunch of guys I crawl with that live by your product.
Some people just don't have a clue.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:34 PM   #54
Pebble Pounder

I've read on this site a new esc is being designed (with your help) but will be sold by castle creations with a good bec built in. Is this true? I am going to buy the new Losi 2.2 in May, will they be out by then or this just a rumor? And if it is true will they feature a brushed/brushless option like the sidewinder? I look forward to buying a P-94 and planned on a sidewinder. If I buy this stuff from you can you program the esc if I let you know what else i am running? Thanks.

Last edited by dirtman; 02-20-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:35 AM   #55

I am the sole designer of the ESC, and am the sole distributor. Where did you read the incorrect information? It is a brushed only ESC.

I do offer sidewinder programming, it is an option on my site.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:02 AM   #56
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I am the sole designer of the ESC, and am the sole distributor. Where did you read the incorrect information? It is a brushed only ESC.

Hey John,

I had some questions about the TorqueMaster BR ESC. I was wondering if this ESC can be programed like the Mamba Micro Pro? I was wondering if the TorqueMaster BR ESC throttle response curve and brake response curve can be adjusted? Is The TorqueMaster BR ok to use in a 2.2 Rig with 3 cell lipo and a 35t motor running a 5955 servo? Will i need a BEC with this ESC? How does the TorqueMaster BR compare to the FXR ESC and the Mamba Micro.

Thanks For your help,
Old 02-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #57

I can't give too much info right now. It will be programmable, and it will work in a 2.2 comp rig.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:08 AM   #58
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I can't give too much info right now. It will be programmable, and it will work in a 2.2 comp rig.
Ok. Thanks for the reply.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #59
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

I have been searching the threads to find out where I read this info. Maybe I didn't pay attention to the date but I swear I did read it here somewhere. No matter though, I see your esc on the web site. I do like the sidewinder brushed-brushless option though. You going to have any handwound P-94's in soon. If I order one now you think it will be here by May (my new losi 2.2 hopefully comes in May). Not quite ready for the Puller yet, this is my first crawler. Thanks and sorry for any confusion.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Maybe I missed it in here, but how many motors do you think you'll be getting in? Enough to go around I hope !
Closed Thread