RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Holmes Hobbies (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/)
-   -   TorqueMaster BR-XL Big Brushed Power! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/200916-torquemaster-br-xl-big-brushed-power.html)

TacoCrawler 03-18-2017 10:49 PM

Re: TorqueMaster BR-XL Big Brushed Power!

JRH's

any brushed motor you produce hold up to 6s use ?

Or is 4s the highest voltage one should even attempt with brushed motors ?

Seems the advise from others is to go brushless if attempting 6s use.
And that my 35t TM Expt. will die in 10 ft if running on 6s ?

I don't plan on running 6s except for a few short passes just to see what it does...
As I normally run 3s all day long without heat concern or excessive brush wear.

So could I push my 35T using 4s voltage ? Still too much voltage ?
Maybe 3s is the limit and I shouldn't push beyond that voltage ?
But my 35T just gets warm to the touch using 3s ?

I can hold my finger on my 35t mtr all day long. But I drive slow mostly.

Possibly I should retain using 3s and just purchase a different more
that spins at a slightly higher RPM ?

I'm not really going for speed... Just lots of unjustified torque !? Lol

Or is your advice to not attempt 4s - 6s using brushed motors and just go with brushless if wanting to attempt 4s and 6s voltage ?

------------

What's the max input voltage capability of the TM 35t expt ?
I do not see those specs listed.

slimfire 03-20-2017 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimfire (Post 5683627)
I would like to ask 2 questions…

1- setup TM35T Expert (0 degree timing), BRXL, 3S. If I want to change the motor CW/CCW rotation, I seem not to find the parameter in the CC Link setup. Can I just swap the motor leads to the ESC?

2- While setting the BRXL ESC with the motor the first time, all went fine.
Then I realised I had to invert the motor rotation, so tried to swap the leads. Also tried to invert the setting into my TX and now I have the following problem:
If I have the radio on, connect the battery, the esc will only show steady green light, but it does not operate. To make it work I first have to connect the battery, then switch on radio while pushing the throttle to max, then the ESC will react.. and work properly… When disconnecting the battery I will have to do all again.. Any suggestion/idea?

How can I re-set the ESC to standard setting and needing re-do the calibration process from zero?

Many thanks as always for your great support, and products I love!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks !

I got the reply via email!

All clear and solved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HumboldtEF 01-08-2020 03:26 PM

I'm very curious to know how close the newest firmware for the BR-XL is to release?

I know I've asked a few times already sorry, but I'm really exited for it!
I've pulled out most of my BR-XL's I have in favor of ESC's that have the active freewheeling feature and I would love to have a reason to put them back.

For those who haven't heard the rumblings JRH had mentioned he's testing a new version of the firmware that includes an active freewheeling option, this is where the drag brake stays active while applying a little throttle so you truck doesn't just coast down hill when you give it throttle.

JohnRobHolmes 01-10-2020 06:28 PM

I'm not sure, it was supposed to be in the last castle link but wasnt included due to miscommunication. It's been done for many months.

HumboldtEF 02-22-2020 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 5989679)
I'm not sure, it was supposed to be in the last castle link but wasnt included due to miscommunication. It's been done for many months.

Well I was just watching your latest video on the Capra and heard the good news, the BR-XL update is out "thumbsup"

I think this will really make this ESC shine.

You need to update the castle link first for it to show up http://home.castlecreations.com/download-castle-link/

toy4crawlin 03-19-2020 04:56 PM

Hi
These have been awesome for years.
I have blew off the dust on my berg and trying to get working again. I have always ran it on 3S but my 3s lipos are no more.
Is this esc plug and play for 4s? or do I first need to castle link to it and configure it for 4s ?
If I had a working windows machine I would just link and see but I have a mac pro.
Thank You

HumboldtEF 03-19-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toy4crawlin (Post 6005766)
do I first need to castle link to it and configure it for 4s ?

Thank You

No changes required, it can handle 2S-6S "thumbsup" (unless you have it set to a custom LVC)

Though I would recommend updating to get the drag brake ramp and active drag features eventually, they're both welcome improvements.

h22a4 05-01-2020 09:38 AM

Is it possible to get a new sticker for my torquemaster esc? I have searched many times with no luck. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...22824a61ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

JohnRobHolmes 05-06-2020 10:36 AM

yes, just contact us through the website

Electroz 05-07-2020 03:12 AM

Long time jeeper/off roader, but I'm a newbie to RC and have an SCX10.2 deadbolt I've done a pile of upgrades to (Full aluminum links with stainless pivot balls, 20kg servo, BEC, XT60 connectors, universal Axle shafts, aluminum shocks). ESC/Motor is next.

This is a pure crawler so I think I'm going to stay brushed. BRXL is obviously my top choice, but I'm in Canada and the conversion rate is crap right now. I can get the BR Mini RTR for about $110 Canadian. I'm wondering if I would run into any heat issues with it not having a heatsink? Is there an easy way to add a heatsink reliably without ruining the water resistance?

The onboard BEC won't be connected to anything, so that won't be an issue. Only using 2s-3s lipos. Our hottest days where I live are only 85F at most and we have maybe 3 of those days per summer so it won't be ran in a hot climate.

I can get the mini with a Crawlmaster expert from AsiaTees for $124 USD ($175 CAD). The XL with the same motor in the combo right now comes out to $186 USD ($265 CAD).

I guess my main question is will I regret not getting the XL over the Mini? Or will there be zero difference for my situation?

JohnRobHolmes 05-13-2020 08:12 AM

You should be fine with the mini on 3s use.

HumboldtEF 05-13-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electroz (Post 6020342)
I'm wondering if I would run into any heat issues with it not having a heatsink?
I guess my main question is will I regret not getting the XL over the Mini? Or will there be zero difference for my situation?

I havent had any issues running the mini on 3S for my setup. Its hardly getting hot but I have geared down, the rig is fairly light and I mostly just crawl (very little full throttle). My climate is a little cooler than yours, typically mid 60's and 75-80 max on the hottest days.

So far I haven't even felt it get warm though not having a heat sink might make properly checking difficult.

How do you tend to drive? lots of full throttle climbs or not?