RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Holmes Hobbies (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/)
-   -   TorqueMaster Sport and Expert Rock Crawling Brushed Motors! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/342848-torquemaster-sport-expert-rock-crawling-brushed-motors.html)

JohnRobHolmes 08-06-2012 03:27 PM

Re: TorqueMaster Sport and Expert Rock Crawling Brushed Motors!

Depends on voltage! I would say fast enough for most people trail riding :lol:

mitchr97 08-06-2012 03:57 PM

well, right now im running xl-5 on 6 cell 4500mah, but im planning on going 2s or 3s lipo soon

rockpanda 08-13-2012 10:13 PM

So at 7.4v (2s LiPo), Standard gearing and standard tyre size, What top speed do you think for 27t and 35t? Trying to work out which turn to get!

Thanks alot

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYE 09-12-2012 08:05 PM

I have 27t, w/brxl running 4c lipo in a kinda light wraith, I run g6's with Dan W. do you think this is too much for 27t 540 expert?

Frankenwheely 09-12-2012 08:13 PM

Oh boy. Might have to swap out my 35t for that new 27t.:mrgreen:

jcsaxial 09-13-2012 08:48 PM

Im wondering on motor size and wind, my ttc rig is running stock gearing w wraith trans, spur, and axles. Im lookin at the HH-TM-PRO-527 in 27t ceramic abec7 and fast pack. weight is roughly 10 pounds w 5.75 tires and brxl on 3s maybe go up to 4s. My tekin 35t tok a crap on me. Ideas/suggestions?

Sorry wrong thread should be in http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holme...40-motors.html

Duxx 09-24-2012 06:51 AM

I'm running a 16t crawlmaster pro in a wraith with 3s. RRP steel gears in the tranny and underdrive gears in the rear. 3oz in each wheel with beef tubes f/r. Currently running a steel 32p 56t spur and 15t pinion. Motor runs really hot, 180+. Any insight for gearing recommendations to help keep the motor cooler and still maximize it's performance?

JohnRobHolmes 09-26-2012 03:31 AM

Go down to 12t and see how it runs.

q8-crawler 09-28-2012 08:27 AM

hi. i have tamiya ford f350 High Lift , and i want some help plz
1-i want to upgrade my tamiya ford f350 High Lift to crawler
2- i want the name & the number of the parts , wheels , Axle and spring

JohnRobHolmes 10-01-2012 08:41 AM

I'm the wrong guy for wheels, axles, and springs. You may try some of the other vendor sections. I do power electronics!

5VoltDetonator 01-02-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summitcrawler (Post 3715390)
oh my god!!! i just ran my new sport 35t in my scx10 and its amazing!! sooo much power! i was running 14/87 and had plenty of torque/wheel speed for climbing mud. im so happy with it! but i cant wait to upgrade it to a hand wound. and i should be getting 2s lipo next week so im really excited to see what this motor can handle! and Holmes has excellent customer service and super fast shipping!

What esc are you using? I was thionking about getting this motor for my stock scx10 w/ stock esc, would I notice an improvement?

gears and grease 02-03-2013 12:52 PM

I'm thinking of gettin a 27t sport for my trail finder2

JohnRobHolmes 02-15-2013 01:06 PM

All winds back in stock!

mehmet becker 03-05-2013 08:15 PM

hi i have TorqueMaster BR-XL with an expert 540 motor in my trail finder
what i noticed is that going forward everything is smood but when gooing backwards its like the power is coming and going
when you look at the lights on the esc it blinks when you go backwards it is not solid

what could bee the problem ? it does it also on different motors

thanks mehmet

JohnRobHolmes 03-05-2013 08:36 PM

You should reprogram the throttle endpoints of the ESC or reset your radio endpoints until reverse is solid red at full speed. After this, try reflashing the firmware if the problem hasn't gone away.

If this doesn't fix the issue there may be a problem with the reverse, and you will need to send it in.

mehmet becker 03-06-2013 04:49 AM

thanks for the relply

i am very impressed with this esc only the problem with the revers can somtimes be a little anoyng overall its the best esc i have had so far reely like it yust ordered another combo

where can i find the or download the new firmware ?

thanks

mehmet becker 03-06-2013 05:10 AM

ok just found the firmware

an other thing i just tried is using my spectrum dx2e trans an reci

the light stil blinks when going revers but it is super smooth
no problem there

but when i use my fs gt3c again revers starts to do the same again so could it be that my flysky radio has the problem ?

thanks mehmet

meinthe73 03-14-2013 04:28 PM

John, I am looking for a 3s to run my br-xl and tourque master expter 45t, whats the minimum C rating I should look for? The mah rating I am looking at is 5000+ thanks.

Ambis 09-24-2013 03:15 PM

Hi guys.

Just got my first TorqueMaster Sport 35T. Running it with (well what else!) BRXL.

1) The TM Sport (remember it's brand new still) sounds very, very different when spinning in different directions (I'm holding it in my hand). When going forward (the real forward, not reversed) it sounds like the comm is like a lathe eating the brushes. When going in reverse, it sounds a lot smoother. Is this normal?

2) The Trail Finder 2, to my understanding, needs a "reversed" motor, which runs clockwise. I've switched the motor leads and now the kit moves forward when I hit throttle and BRXL blinks green. When using 0° timing, is there any problem running the TM Sport in reverse direction?

3) In the TF2 case, is it possible to add "negative timing" (becoming positive when the leads are swapped)?

4) What is the max cell count for a lipo I can safely run the TM Sport 35T with? Is 4S ok?

Thanks!

JohnRobHolmes 09-24-2013 04:26 PM

4s is OK. The brush noise you are hearing is normal for running in reverse, it is not a problem and should go away after a while. You can just swap the motor wires, but if you want to add a few degrees of negative timing the brushes will last longer.