RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Holmes Hobbies (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/)
-   -   TorqueMaster Sport and Expert Rock Crawling Brushed Motors! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/342848-torquemaster-sport-expert-rock-crawling-brushed-motors.html)

Ambis 09-24-2013 10:17 PM

Re: TorqueMaster Sport and Expert Rock Crawling Brushed Motors!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 4489390)
4s is OK. The brush noise you are hearing is normal for running in reverse, it is not a problem and should go away after a while. You can just swap the motor wires, but if you want to add a few degrees of negative timing the brushes will last longer.

Wow that was fast! :) Thanks John! Exactly the things I wanted to hear 8)

Ambis 09-25-2013 01:14 AM

I want to make sure I got this right... Here's a pic that (attempts to) illustrate the pinion direction (clockwise) and the (attempted) timing setting.

Does this look OK?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ort_timing.jpg

JohnRobHolmes 09-25-2013 06:10 AM

Yessir!

thevirg 09-25-2013 08:28 PM

Ive been trying to contact Holmes Hobbies with several emails over the last several weeks regarding problems I am having with a recent purchase of a TorqueMaster Sport 540 13t for Twin Hammers. Im not sure why I am getting no response to my emails.

I broke it in by driving it gently (no more than 1/2 throttle) up and down my back alley for a full 4200MAH battery pack.
Everything seemed to work well for a couple of packs after that. It has now become intermittent.
It will suddenly become unresponsive when I give it throttle. This often happens after driving in reverse but sometimes happens in forward as well. Steering servo still operates normally.

I then pulled the motor from the truck. I applied power to it at several motor starting positions(turning the motor shaft manually). I found that at a couple positions, that the motor will not start.

Do you have any suggestions please?

Thanks
Virgil.

Moorin90 09-26-2013 01:02 AM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/26/zaragygu.jpg

Awesome motors I love mine!!

JohnRobHolmes 09-26-2013 07:08 AM

You probably need new brushes

Quote:

Originally Posted by thevirg (Post 4491182)
Ive been trying to contact Holmes Hobbies with several emails over the last several weeks regarding problems I am having with a recent purchase of a TorqueMaster Sport 540 13t for Twin Hammers. Im not sure why I am getting no response to my emails.

I broke it in by driving it gently (no more than 1/2 throttle) up and down my back alley for a full 4200MAH battery pack.
Everything seemed to work well for a couple of packs after that. It has now become intermittent.
It will suddenly become unresponsive when I give it throttle. This often happens after driving in reverse but sometimes happens in forward as well. Steering servo still operates normally.

I then pulled the motor from the truck. I applied power to it at several motor starting positions(turning the motor shaft manually). I found that at a couple positions, that the motor will not start.

Do you have any suggestions please?

Thanks
Virgil.

jebster 10-23-2013 08:14 PM

Need to make a decision. I have a twin hammers that I use more for trail running/light crawling than high speed bashing. The stock 15t is too fast. I was running a novak 35t and it seemed slow. Thinking about he torquemaster sport 27t. Does it still have a reasonable amount of torque relative to a 35t? I want more speed but I don't want to give up too much power.

winnerone23 10-23-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jebster (Post 4521983)
Need to make a decision. I have a twin hammers that I use more for trail running/light crawling than high speed bashing. The stock 15t is too fast. I was running a novak 35t and it seemed slow. Thinking about he torquemaster sport 27t. Does it still have a reasonable amount of torque relative to a 35t? I want more speed but I don't want to give up too much power.

Goin from a Novak 35t to a HH 27t will blow ur mind! You will have More power and will have More wheel speed... you will love it!

hard rocker 10-23-2013 10:17 PM

I want a torque master expert motor so bad, but I notice that they're all out of stock. I'm wondering when they'll get more motors in stock?

JohnRobHolmes 10-24-2013 10:17 AM

35t machine wounds will be here end of next week.

zion23 10-25-2013 03:45 AM

Hey john i bough a crawlmaster pro 540 13t from you almost a year ago never changed brushes well maintained. I have a wrexo now and put this hh esc and motor combo in it its pretty quick i did tune it to my driving style but want more speed top end.. will advancing the timming alittle help? its set at zero... I was also thinking of buying a new motor instead is the torque master pro a better motor for my wrexo ifs? and is a 13t availiable... please let me know thanks.....

Richterat83 12-31-2013 03:39 PM

Any idea when a torquemaster sport 540 in 35t will be back in stock?

Richterat83 01-02-2014 10:01 AM

NVM, ordered a 35t torquemaster expert from amainhobbies

6.2blazer 01-06-2014 10:34 AM

I recenty ordered a torquemaster brxl expert combo, when running this setup on 3s is a bec needed or will the built in bec be enough?

JohnRobHolmes 01-06-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6.2blazer (Post 4616537)
I recenty ordered a torquemaster brxl expert combo, when running this setup on 3s is a bec needed or will the built in bec be enough?

Depends on your servo. Anything 300oz/inch and more powerful generally needs an external BEC.

6.2blazer 01-06-2014 10:04 PM

Still running the stock Axial servo for now.

Breat 1.8T syncro 01-15-2014 10:29 PM

Hi, I've sent you an email, because I'm going to pull the trigger for a motor for my wraith. I'll be running a sidewinder. On your website you suggest either a torque master 27T or a crawlmaster 13T. What is the difference between the 2?

I'm play riding and maybe a little frienly competition ( crawling and fast climbing) what should I get and why? Would the stock Axial ESC be able to run the 13T crawlmaster?

Thanks!

NITRONAT 05-21-2014 02:52 AM

Hello Mr HH ;)

I have for now a 35T expert in my IFS wraith (3,704 kg with lipo) on 3S i'm around 10 km/h gearring 88/19 4,63:1 (quite low ratio no?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 4616329)
The 13t crawlmaster is about the speed of a 27t.

I was looking the perfomance of the 13T crawler master (I was think less T = more speed and less Torque...), But if I'm well understood the 13T CM is the same than your's 27T (expert? pro?)

I like HH motors, so If I want little more speed (around 5km/h) witch one will be good w/o over heating to gain some speed ?

JohnRobHolmes 05-21-2014 07:00 AM

The 13t crawlmaster will be faster. Don't get the 13t Torquemaster, it is not suitable for a crawler and there seems to be lots of people ignoring the brand differences.

NITRONAT 05-21-2014 08:29 AM

Ok i did'nt know TorqueMaster is not a good brand for a Wraith :shock:

So if i'm looking for little more speed, you advise me to change my Holmes Hobbies TorqueMaster Expert 540 Brushed Electric Motor (35T) for a CrawlMaster Expert or Pro (13T)

Witch 48p gear ratio should I use in 3S for a Wrexo of 3,7kg ?