RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Holmes Hobbies (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/)
-   -   TorqueMaster Sport and Expert Rock Crawling Brushed Motors! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/342848-torquemaster-sport-expert-rock-crawling-brushed-motors.html)

JohnRobHolmes 05-21-2014 08:47 AM

Re: TorqueMaster Sport and Expert Rock Crawling Brushed Motors!

Its only the 13t torquemaster that is not suitable. People see 13t CrawlMaster recommended and then buy the TorqueMaster without paying attention. Totally different motors.

There is no right answer. Either get a 27t TM or a 13t CM. If you want more torque, get the TM. If you want more low end control, get the CM. Keep your gearing the same.

NITRONAT 05-21-2014 08:51 AM

Perfect response now is more clear thx ! "thumbsup"

NITRONAT 06-08-2014 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 4782632)
Its only the 13t torquemaster that is not suitable. People see 13t CrawlMaster recommended and then buy the TorqueMaster without paying attention. Totally different motors.

There is no right answer. Either get a 27t TM or a 13t CM. If you want more torque, get the TM. If you want more low end control, get the CM. Keep your gearing the same.

what are the difference between 13 CM pro and Expert ?

-------------------------------------
Hello I have an Torque master 35T expert, I have an issue this weekend.

My wrexo glitching and castle SV3 doesn't bip anymore, the trouble come from the motor see those pics :

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3876/...a3b0d1a2_c.jpg

Ugly rotor look like ... only 3 sessions (3S lipo 5000mAh), i know brushed motors need some work but that was quick :/

I cleean all and work back, I hope it will stay longer this time, but I don't have the tool to remake the rotor as new one I plan to switch it can I plug a CrawlMaster Pro 540 armatures in my motor with news lead also.

And do you recommand 5 mins run in water before 1st trail ?

NITRONAT 06-23-2014 08:38 AM

up ? :cry:

JohnRobHolmes 06-23-2014 12:33 PM

All of your answers are found on the website or you can email us. We cannot offer reliable tech support through forums.

4x4Jay 01-12-2015 12:50 PM

Is there a page that compares all the CrawlMaster and TorqueMaster motors side by side?

winnerone23 01-13-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4Jay (Post 5111282)
Is there a page that compares all the CrawlMaster and TorqueMaster motors side by side?

In what aspect are you asking?

KV ratings?

Torque, speed, etc?

A 13t CM is like a 27t TM

A 16t CM is like a 30-35t TM

Double the turn off a CM to get a comparable turn with a TM..

One experience I had.. A friend had 16t crawlmaster Pro motors in his XR and I had HH 30t Team pro flow motors in mine.. They where pretty identical in every other way..

The 16t CM where smoother in startup and crawling.
The 30t had more torque.
In a drag race, yes with moa's, the 30t's took a quick lead off the line but the 16t's had more top end..

I now run crawl type motors in all my rigs, that aren't brushless.

4x4Jay 01-13-2015 10:36 AM

I have an SCX that had a 21t Titan 550 motor in it. That beast finally died (after a year and a half!) 30 min in on a trail run Saturday!

I'm picking up the BR-Xl esc, and and trying to find a good motor and pinion setup that will give me the speed of a fast walk / light jog, but still have really nice low end torque. I run 4.75in tires on 1.9's. No wheel weights, all weights are on the axles. She's up to about 6 lbs right now, and from the looks of it, going to get heavier still. Do you think a 13t crawlmaster pro would be a good choice? I plan to run it on 3S, possibly 4S.

4x4Jay 01-13-2015 10:40 AM

I have an SCX that had a 21t Titan 550 motor in it. That beast finally died (after a year and a half!) 30 min in on a trail run Saturday!

I'm picking up the BR-Xl esc, and and trying to find a good motor and pinion setup that will give me the speed of a fast walk / light jog, but still have really nice low end torque. I run 4.75in tires on 1.9's. No wheel weights, all weights are on the axles. She's up to about 6 lbs right now, and from the looks of it, going to get heavier still. Do you think a 13t crawlmaster pro would be a good choice? I plan to run it on 3S, possibly 4S.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking this, but either way, Thanks for the help to anyone that gives their advice!

winnerone23 01-13-2015 11:57 AM

With what I'm seeing.. A 16t crawlmaster pro..
I had one in my 7-8lb scx and ran it on 4s.

Great low end, with plenty of wheel speed for a jog..
I ran mine with 87/16 gearing..

cenaturis 02-25-2015 08:20 AM

Hi,
im searching for surface mounted capacitors like the ones who come with a torquemaster pro or a crawlmaster pro, are they sold separately?
Do they fit the on a torquemaster sport endbell?
The HH-540-CAP is something different?

Greetz Cena

Mbalkey 04-20-2015 09:11 PM

What motor would you suggest for a axial wraith

Beorn 09-25-2015 10:47 PM

I just purchased and installed my first POWERFUL motor for my Wraith, a beautiful TorqueMaster Expert 35T. Before I put the motor in I noticed the shaft was considerably stiffer and "notchy" to turn than the Axial 20T & 27T I was running before.
When installed it in my truck I noticed the wheels are VERY difficult to turn by hand. I pulled the motor and checked the drive train for any bind up and couldn't find any. Without the motor everything turns like butter regardless of steering angle.
I did a quick (5 min) break-in on the motor with a constant 1/3ish throttle thru out that time. I tossed and aligned the motor into the truck and ran it for about 30mins (careful to stay under 1/2 throttle)on a 3s lipo and LOVE the torque and low speed resolution.

My question is, is this stiffness in the drive train normal?

My rig has in it:
Stock axles but Axial Universals in the front
MIP driveshafts (hinge pins aligned)
HR Super Duty Light Weight Tranny gears
RR hardened steel spur and pinion (58/9)
Axial VWS wheels w/ 3oz in each front wheel and empty rears
HR 12mm hub extenders
AE-5 ESC w/cc BEC
Hi-Tec 7950 servo

allanon1965 09-29-2015 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beorn (Post 5303334)
I just purchased and installed my first POWERFUL motor for my Wraith, a beautiful TorqueMaster Expert 35T. Before I put the motor in I noticed the shaft was considerably stiffer and "notchy" to turn than the Axial 20T & 27T I was running before.
When installed it in my truck I noticed the wheels are VERY difficult to turn by hand. I pulled the motor and checked the drive train for any bind up and couldn't find any. Without the motor everything turns like butter regardless of steering angle.
I did a quick (5 min) break-in on the motor with a constant 1/3ish throttle thru out that time. I tossed and aligned the motor into the truck and ran it for about 30mins (careful to stay under 1/2 throttle)on a 3s lipo and LOVE the torque and low speed resolution.

My question is, is this stiffness in the drive train normal?

My rig has in it:
Stock axles but Axial Universals in the front
MIP driveshafts (hinge pins aligned)
HR Super Duty Light Weight Tranny gears
RR hardened steel spur and pinion (58/9)
Axial VWS wheels w/ 3oz in each front wheel and empty rears
HR 12mm hub extenders
AE-5 ESC w/cc BEC
Hi-Tec 7950 servo

yes it is, its due to the stronger magnets Holmes uses...I have several of them and they are great! go out and run that rig!

TacoCrawler 03-02-2016 02:24 AM

"thumbsup"

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/...psyb6mibkc.jpg

additional HH's e components...

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/...psbgemru5c.jpg

n8welch 03-21-2016 07:57 AM

Been running BRXL's and Torquemaster Experts three plus years. Currently have a 40T in my SCX10. Love the power and low end control. Keep up the good work. #inholmeswetrust, #voltsupgeardown

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...b4388ca4c2.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...be88320403.jpg

MGOe 04-08-2016 08:45 AM

Hi John

Question about your new 550 torquemaster brushed motors:(27t)

It seems to have the same rpm/volt vs a 35t 540 motor?

Torque wise turn for turn does it have the more or less torque than youre puller 500 motors?

What is the torque output?(dyno specs)

Thanks!