Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: New brushed motor paraphernalia and parts at Holmes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Default New brushed motor paraphernalia and parts at Holmes

New arrangement for brushed motor parts and service tools.

Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Motor Accessory and Service Tools
Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Brushed Replacement Parts

We now have a few options for servicing your motor. From cheaper integy lathes, to the best Fantom lathe ever made for the 540! We also carry diamond tips if you aren't one for cutting your own bits.

Need a new armature? We have 6 armature styles available in the Holmes Custom Pro, with stock Crawlmaster and TorqueMaster armatures available as well. Easy to order process for any style we carry!

Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Brushed Replacement Parts :: Holmes Pro Custom 540 Armatures
Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Brushed Replacement Parts :: CrawlMaster Pro 540 armatures
Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Brushed Replacement Parts :: TorqueMaster Pro 540 Armature

Need parts for your 540? Pick up spare endbells, bearings, cans, brushes, and springs too! We carry parts for all standup, laydown, p-94, and Checkpoint designs.

Looking to protect your new shiny motor? We now carry BWD Motor Sav'rs! Injection molded of Delrin, these are just the ticket to keep your motors looking good and keep your rig sliding over the rocks like butter.
Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Brushed :: BWD Motor Sav'r

Got some questions? Ask me through emails please! Got some comments? Feel free to post em up!

Last edited by JohnRobHolmes; 05-25-2012 at 01:51 PM.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #2

Default Re: New brushed motor paraphernalia and parts at Holmes

Rearranged the site a bit, it was getting too busy in the motor section.

Now we have an easier to navigate armature selection. Pick up a replacement arm for your Holmes motor, or get a totally custom armature wound for your needs! I also have a few additional armature bases on the way for you tuners out there. Check it out!

Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors
Old 05-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post

Looking to protect your new shiny motor? We now carry BWD Motor Sav'rs! Injection molded of Delrin, these are just the ticket to keep your motors looking good and keep your rig sliding over the rocks like butter.
Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Brushed :: BWD Motor Sav'r

Got some questions? Ask me through emails please! Got some comments? Feel free to post em up!
John, is there any way these can come in clear?

I made my own out of clear PC because I wanted everyone to see my HH TorqueMasters!!!
The bottom gets scratched up real quick but it's nice to be able to see some of the motor, at least the sides and top.

Just a thought...
zodiaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #4

They are Delrin, which does not come in clear that I am aware of. It is a Black or White plastic. That would be cool though, I'll ask Don about it next time we talk and see what he thinks. They can inject any plastic into the mold, so it is just a matter of finding a clear plastic that has the right properties.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
They are Delrin, which does not come in clear that I am aware of. It is a Black or White plastic. That would be cool though, I'll ask Don about it next time we talk and see what he thinks. They can inject any plastic into the mold, so it is just a matter of finding a clear plastic that has the right properties.
Yes, Delrin does not come in a clear form.
PC (polycarbonate) might be the way to go.
It's super tough, comes clear, and it may actually cost less than Delrin.

Only problem is the mold will have to be polished to a mirror finish in order for the guard to come out looking like glass (the surfaces of the part will only be as perfect as the surfaces of the mold).

Anyways, food for thought...
Old 05-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I dug up a few pics of the clear guards right after I put them on:

It would be a crime to hide such a purdy motor under a black curtain...
Old 06-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #7

We have some premade high quality motor leads available now. Want me to offer them as an installed option on motors? Post up and let me know. We will be adding these to the motor combos as standard kit.

Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Motor Accessory and Service Tools :: Holmes Motor Leads

Old 06-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

I would definitely order as an installed option with a motor.
Scott105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #9

I would of paid for this option also can't imagine you would charge a lot for that
Shanerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Are there more motor cans on order? Your website shows that you are out of the chrome ones and only have one black unit in stock.
RivBlueNoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #11

I have about 700 chrome cans here, I'll update the site
Old 07-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #12

Guess who is the new distributor and retailer for the Fussy Brush? After using the product to build motors I just HAD to bring these back into production and get some custom 10mm bits made for our motors.

Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Motor Accessory and Service Tools :: Fussy Brush Kit

The Fussy Brush is one of the most important tools you can purchase to keep your brushed motors running at top shape. It allows for super fast brush break in and reshaping, leaving you with more brush and commutator life. We use this tool in motor production and couldn't live without it! You will immediately hear and feel the difference with a Fussy Brush built motor!

The Kit comes with one main shaft, one 7.5mm bit, and one 10mm bit. Perfect for seating in your brushes to a new armature.

Instructions: Install the Fussy Brush in your motor as you would an armature. Put pressure on the brushes or install your springs, then turn the shaft in the regular motor rotation direction. When your brush face has an even satin finish you are ready to clean out the shavings, reassemble your motor and break it in.

We are offering these at a discounted price of $29.99 for the basic kit for one month, after this the price is going to $41.99 for the kit. First purchasers will also be eligible for discounted bits, as we will be producing the full range of bits in coming months. You can also get free ground shipping on the kit during this month if you use the "FUSSY" coupon!

Every motor builder and competitor should have this tool if they are serious about keeping their motors in top shape!

Last edited by JohnRobHolmes; 07-06-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I'm glad you picked up the Fussy Brush and I'm looking forward to getting mine
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #14

Pro Crawler 540 Machined Cans now available, choose your flavor to best suit your needs! Whether you want to drop just a little weight or a lot, got you covered

Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Brushed Replacement Parts :: Holmes Pro Crawler 540 Machined Can

Old 08-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #15
"HOLLYWOOD"

Quote:
Guess who is the new distributor and retailer for the Fussy Brush? After using the product to build motors I just HAD to bring these back into production and get some custom 10mm bits made for our motors.

Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Motor Accessory and Service Tools :: Fussy Brush Kit

The Fussy Brush is one of the most important tools you can purchase to keep your brushed motors running at top shape. It allows for super fast brush break in and reshaping, leaving you with more brush and commutator life. We use this tool in motor production and couldn't live without it! You will immediately hear and feel the difference with a Fussy Brush built motor!

The Kit comes with one main shaft, one 7.5mm bit, and one 10mm bit. Perfect for seating in your brushes to a new armature.

Instructions: Install the Fussy Brush in your motor as you would an armature. Put pressure on the brushes or install your springs, then turn the shaft in the regular motor rotation direction. When your brush face has an even satin finish you are ready to clean out the shavings, reassemble your motor and break it in.

We are offering these at a discounted price of $29.99 for the basic kit for one month, after this the price is going to $41.99 for the kit. First purchasers will also be eligible for discounted bits, as we will be producing the full range of bits in coming months. You can also get free ground shipping on the kit during this month if you use the "FUSSY" coupon!

Every motor builder and competitor should have this tool if they are serious about keeping their motors in top shape!

This is going in my new order for sure!!
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #16

Need a little bling on your motors? Holmes now offers colored endbell hoods to spice up your motor! Available in Blue, Green, Red, Black, Orange, Silver, Black/Red, and custom mixes of the colors listed.

We will be adding these as a $1 feature on the Pro Custom 540 motors in the next few days. Any other colors you want to see? These all look great on both black and silver endbells!

http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...t=0&featured=Y

Old 08-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Yes please....RED
chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Need a little bling on your motors? Holmes now offers colored endbell hoods to spice up your motor! Available in Blue, Green, Red, Black, Orange, Silver, Black/Red, and custom mixes of the colors listed.

We will be adding these as a $1 feature on the Pro Custom 540 motors in the next few days. Any other colors you want to see? These all look great on both black and silver endbells!

Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Brushed Motor Parts :: Holmes Colored Endbell Hood

those new endbell color choices can really change the look of a motor! nice personalized touch!
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

John,
Would I be able to use one of your 35t handwound armatures as a replacement in one of my Tekin 35t handwound motors?
Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #20

Yes you can. Just about any armature will plop into the Tekin HD can. A TorqueMaster Pro armature would be a direct replacement, with higher wire fill than your stock arm.

New brushed motor paraphernalia and parts at Holmes - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Would you like an affordable Holmes Hobbies brushed Micro ESC? spoo76 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 35 12-05-2011 04:47 AM
Holmes Hobbie TorqueMaster Pro Handwound 540 Brushed motor work with Traxxas xl-5 esc raiders32 Electronics 7 11-12-2011 07:24 AM
WHAt brushed motor to use on 3S? toy4crawlin Electronics 20 09-17-2011 06:04 PM
brushed motor short Axial Wraith 0 08-07-2011 03:07 PM
2x Holmes brushed with 1x Mamba Max pro? bpd964 Electronics 3 01-27-2011 04:21 PM