Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: TorqueMaster BR Mini Packs the Power!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2013, 12:43 AM   #261
RCC Addict

Default Re: TorqueMaster BR Mini Packs the Power!

What voltage is your BEC? I had a mt4 receiver go up in smoke with bec connected to channel 4. Rewired my servo direct to be. No more problems
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2013, 03:39 AM   #262

My bec voltage is 7.4 I have been running it at that for a while using FXR esc's with out problems. Just can't stop the BR minis heating up. Will have to source some ZD's to try the method as per the earlier posts
richard2744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #263
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedBull View Post
Hey John, I got two BR Minis wired up. I updated the latest version of firmware. But I still cannot use holmes hold without issue. One of the ESC causes the motor to chatter when holmes hold is on. I tried every percentage down to 10% with the holmes hold but the motor chatters while in neutral. I take the hold off and all is good. Is this a bad ESC? Please advise.

I tried to send you a PM but could not.
John, any input on my question I asked the other day?
TedBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:46 PM   #264
Pebble Pounder

Default TorqueMaster BR Mini Packs the Power!

I have my Berg V3 wired up. I am using a Futaba 4PL with a 4 channel receiver. Radio have been set up for Dual ESC. I am also running the new stacked mini BRXL dual ESC. I am also using HH Crawl Master for front and rear motors.

Servo is plug in channel 1, ESC on channel 2 and 3 with middle wire pulled off the plug. BEC on channel 4. I am able to turn my steering but not able to get power to the front and rear motor. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Quiel; 01-06-2014 at 06:18 AM.
Quiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:58 PM   #265
Quarry Creeper

Ok guys and gals running these, I have these as well smashed I'm my 2.2 pro and I'm still having the motor cut out issue, I've tried reducing the voltage cut out even turning it off, running the bec set to 7.4-6.0-6.5, and I've even swapped motors from my brood vapors to brood appocolypse 35t and still having the motor cut out issue.
My servo is being powered off the bec, I have contacted john and tried everything he has suggested but nothing is working, so I was just wanting to find out what you guys have done to get rid of this issue, also my escs are using the latest firmware 11.1.
Stick Crawles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:43 AM   #266
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2744 View Post
My bec voltage is 7.4 I have been running it at that for a while using FXR esc's with out problems. Just can't stop the BR minis heating up. Will have to source some ZD's to try the method as per the earlier posts
How hot are they getting?... When I first ran my br-minis I'd always check temperature after every course the hottest temp my esc's reached. Was a little over 140° (no ZD mod) I have 3 comps & a few practice days w/o failure to date, (After each course they feel warm )
I also have smashed Castle creation mamba micro pro esc's, if I run them hard they'll also reach temps in the 140° range.

My br-minis are smashed normal/common way, cc bec runs servo only esc's power the receiver.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:58 AM   #267
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiel View Post
I have my Berg V3 wired up. I am using a Futaba 4PL with a 4 channel receiver. Radio have been set up for Dual ESC. I am also running the new stacked mini BRXL dual ESC. I am also using HH Crawl Master for front and rear motors.

Servo is plug in channel 1, ESC on channel 2 and 3 with middle wire pulled off the plug. BEC on channel 4. I am able to turn my steering but not able to get power to the front and rear motor. Any suggestions?
On my receiver 4pl radio my rear motor/esc is on CH 4 & my esc's power the receiver works perfectly.. try switching your 3 & 4 wires.

IMO the best way would be ESC'S CH 3 & 4 leaving both red wires in(this will power the receiver). Wire your BEC +/- to servo's +/- , receiver CH 1 would only have a single wire from servo.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:06 PM   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
How hot are they getting?... When I first ran my br-minis I'd always check temperature after every course the hottest temp my esc's reached. Was a little over 140° (no ZD mod) I have 3 comps & a few practice days w/o failure to date, (After each course they feel warm )

I also have smashed Castle creation mamba micro pro esc's, if I run them hard they'll also reach temps in the 140° range.

My br-minis are smashed normal/common way, cc bec runs servo only esc's power the receiver.

My pair are getting up to the 160+ mark with the diode mod but it does take much longer to get there then before.
I will be changing the motor leads to a bigger size and see how that goes. Currently I run 1mm cable I will go to 2.5mm hope this will wick away some of the heat (sorry couldn't find a imperial size conversion )
I'll post a reply here if it works
richard2744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:09 AM   #269

Hello everybody.
Received my pair of minis and updated the firmware to 1.11 without any issues. After that the both connection status indicators are green and reading the settings (shift + F7) is also working, but i can not update the settings (F7). Getting "error communication with the device" ervery time.
Any hints or suggestions?
Thanks
Castle Link Version 3.56.17

Edit:
tried the second one using firmware version as shipped (1.10): changing the cut off voltage works. Updated to firmware 1.11 and writing to the device isn't possible any more

Edit 2:
flashed both esc a second time with v1.11. Same procedure as first time, no errors, now writing to the esc works

Last edited by yulour; 01-12-2014 at 11:12 AM.
yulour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #270
RCC Addict

How do I calibrate these to my transmitter? The only info I found is for the single mini (actually it's for the TorqueMaster BR-XL). It says:
"3.1 Calibrating the ESC to YOUR transmitter
Note: When running two ESCs, they CANNOT have the battery power wires connected during
calibration or programming. It will cause problems with the second ESC.
I've got a pair of stacked minis with only one set of battery leads. Can I calibrate these one by one? Remove one from the receiver at a time?

Thanks in advance.

Todd
Tossedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:51 PM   #271
I wanna be Dave

Yep, just calibrate one at a time.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:23 PM   #272
E.Y. Designs

Ran My BR Mini's today in my XR at a comp and they performed flawlessly... It was really wet and they got in water a few times but with the conformal coating on them they didn't cut out at all
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:23 PM   #273
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Yep, just calibrate one at a time.
Thanks.
Tossedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:06 PM   #274
Pebble Pounder

I'm going to be in the same boat when I go to calibrate my pre-smushed dual minis. Do I have to cut open the clear shrink wrap and remove power from on at a time?

Thanks
J5races is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:47 PM   #275
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tossedman View Post
Can I calibrate these one by one? Remove one from the receiver at a time?
The knowledge you seek is just a scroll up.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:54 PM   #276
Pebble Pounder

There's got to be a better way than taking the conformal coating off, take both minis apart and rewire just to calibrate both ESC.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:18 PM   #277
I wanna be Dave

You know those little plugs you put into the receiver? Only plug one in, program, pull that one out and plug second one in, program. Now plug both back in receiver and enjoy. Clear enough now?
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:20 AM   #278
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrockr View Post
You know those little plugs you put into the receiver? Only plug one in, program, pull that one out and plug second one in, program. Now plug both back in receiver and enjoy. Clear enough now?
Ah, that is easy enough. Thanks
J5races is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:11 PM   #279
Pebble Pounder

What does blinking green lights on the ESC mean?
Old 01-13-2014, 06:24 PM   #280
I wanna be Dave

Neutral from the tx?
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad ass

TorqueMaster BR Mini Packs the Power! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TorqueMaster BR-XL Big Brushed Power! JohnRobHolmes Holmes Hobbies 1351 05-13-2020 03:52 PM
Mini torquemaster ???? Mrblue Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 80 05-01-2010 08:59 PM