RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Holmes Hobbies (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/)
-   -   New and Improved RX bypass adapters in stock (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/494112-new-improved-rx-bypass-adapters-stock.html)

JohnRobHolmes 05-06-2014 03:23 PM

New and Improved RX bypass adapters in stock

New and improved with thicker 22ga wire and lower resistance for more power!

This adapter allows the use of an external BEC for servo power without needing to disable your ESCs internal BEC. Servo and BEC plug into the double plug end, and the single side plugs into the servo RX channel. Servo gets signal from the RX, and shares a dual ground path to both RX and external BEC to prevent floating ground issues.

Must have for any crawler running over 300 ounce/ inch servos!

Get yours today here Holmes Hobbies LLC

http://holmeshobbies.com/image.php?t...&ts=1399411012

FLOKI-81 05-06-2014 06:52 PM

Re: New and Improved RX bypass adapters in stock

I need one,have just got my order came through today #14282...
The dual br mini esc...
I will buy one when I buy my motors in juni...
Thanks man,,,,
Great service

GodSpeed999 09-10-2014 06:03 PM

Wow. I'm new to all of this (researching everything prior to building my son a SCX10 G6) and I've been trying to sort out all of the BEC mumbo-jumbo and after reading what feels like hundreds of threads and links I finally stumbled upon this little thing.

SUH-WEEET

Both the wiring method that comes with the CC BEC and the servo power only method look like hack-job rats' nests to me. Cut this, unplug that, splice those....

No thanks.

But thanks Holmes Hobbies. I'll be adding this to my motor order.

road_rascal 09-16-2014 05:47 PM

Dang, wish I would have seen these earlier. Perfect for my RC plane applications (and of course trucks too!).

distinctive pd 09-18-2014 10:55 AM

I'm assuming this plug will work for running 6ch. Into a 5ch rx then?

I use the 4pl and I'm planning on running 3 big servos(2 for steering and 1servo winch) 2 Esc (1 for winch control )and a Bec on a current build im working on and was really hoping I wasn't going to have to go to a stick radio....

I'm no wiring guru but if you would recommend this for my setup I will be ordering a few of these!

Thanx

JohnRobHolmes 09-18-2014 11:03 AM

It would open up on slot on the RX if you are currently plugging the BEC in directly, but it would only power the single servo that it was plugged in to. If you are needing full control of all your servos and ESCs then a 5 channel will be your only option.

distinctive pd 09-18-2014 06:41 PM

Thanx that makes sense now. .. wiring hurts my brain :oops: your old wiring diagram years back in a crawler magazine helped me wire ALOT of MOA's but these 6 and 7 channel scalers can get a little more complicated.
Thanx again!

badhoopty 09-19-2014 02:16 PM

these are alot more beefy than the previous ones were. very nice. "thumbsup"

rcntncrawler 02-05-2015 04:19 PM

I recently bought one of your bypass adapters, and I LOVE IT!! It kept me from having to buy a new radio to get one more channel. With lights, a winch and a BEC, channel space on my receiver was non existent. Now I run my lights in my bind port, my winch on channel 3, and my BEC and Servo are in the same channel. So simple. So efficient. So smart. Thanks HH.

dirtyjed 02-16-2015 05:08 PM

I tried to find a wiring diagram for this but couldn't.
Using a Castle BEC, does the BEC plug brown wire plug into the adapter black with the servo plugging into the 3 wire side?
And than cover the black and red leads on the other side of the BEC?
Here's a pic cuz I'm probably not clear.
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/t...pssc4tlluj.jpg

John_Fizel 02-16-2015 05:15 PM

Your adapter is right. 3 wires to the servo, the remaing bare red and black go to the battery.

Jeckler 04-16-2015 03:19 PM

I was going to ask a question about splitting these, or putting two of them together, but realized I'd need a Y-adapter to do it. So how about a product idea instead.
2 male ends going to two different channels on the receiver with ground and signal, two female ends with power, ground and signal (from each of the male ends) going out to the end devices and the single female end from the BEC splitting to provide power to the two female ends?
Does that make sense? Basically, I want to power my servo and winch using these.

JohnRobHolmes 04-16-2015 03:45 PM

We have already put a double bypass on the schedule, should have some in about a month "thumbsup"

Silent Panda 01-11-2016 08:51 AM

Is this a must have for running the BEC and a big servo? I don't run lights and winches and shit.

JohnRobHolmes 01-11-2016 09:06 AM

Not a must have, but it saves a lot of wiring hassle and ensures the servo power is isolated from the radio power. This effectively eliminates brownouts from servo load changes.

Silent Panda 01-11-2016 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 5420443)
Not a must have, but it saves a lot of wiring hassle and ensures the servo power is isolated from the radio power. This effectively eliminates brownouts from servo load changes.

Cool...Answer the phone so I can get one and a BEC on order...paypal does not accept my stupid gift card and my LHS is out of waterprrof BECs...

Dwill 01-11-2016 12:14 PM

Another option would be to spend the money on a little better ESC with a better internal BEC. The Tekin FSX will give you 5.5 Amos continuous. The RX8 Gen 2 gives 7 amps continuous, though is a big ESC.

Castle ESC are good and they are priced well. Their BEC's however are notoriously weak. Castle practically owns the ESC business in the RC Heli segment, but even there they are well known for their weak internal BEC's, a brown out on a Heli can be very expensive.

If you want the price/value of a Castle ESC and don't mind running a external BEC this by-pass is a great deal I think.

Silent Panda 01-11-2016 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwill (Post 5420597)
Another option would be to spend the money on a little better ESC with a better internal BEC.

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with my HH ESC though.

Silent Panda 01-11-2016 08:19 PM

What do I set the ESC BEC down to for radio power?

The External BEC will be set for servo power...not sure what the radio needs though...

JohnRobHolmes 01-11-2016 09:17 PM

6v is fine.

For the record, I brown out tekin controllers the same as any other without an external bec.