Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: Puller Pro Brushless 4 pole Rock Crawler motors- Lay down the Power!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2019, 01:48 AM   #381
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Puller Pro Brushless 4 pole Rock Crawler motors- Lay down the Power!

Hallo John,
I'd like two suggestions from you:

- Revolver snubnose 1800kv, driven with MicroX at 3s. Used on Capra.
Is there a setting or other suggestion to lower the noise? I love the output, torque control and powerband, but the "alien"noise is a bit too much and gets annoying after a while. This is not my first outrunner, I'm happily using 2836 sized 1500kv on CFX-W and the noise level is much lower, with MicroX.

- Puller Pro Stubby 2200kv, driven with MicroX at 3s. Used on Capra, Ascender, Scx2. Is there a way to improve the drag brake holding power?

On both setups I'm using the aux wire for crawler-racer, with radio knobble 0 to 100% drag live setting.

Thanks in advance
rockspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2019, 01:35 PM   #382
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Default Re: Puller Pro Brushless 4 pole Rock Crawler motors- Lay down the Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockspider View Post
Hallo John,
I'd like two suggestions from you:

- Revolver snubnose 1800kv, driven with MicroX at 3s. Used on Capra.
Is there a setting or other suggestion to lower the noise? I love the output, torque control and powerband, but the "alien"noise is a bit too much and gets annoying after a while. This is not my first outrunner, I'm happily using 2836 sized 1500kv on CFX-W and the noise level is much lower, with MicroX.

- Puller Pro Stubby 2200kv, driven with MicroX at 3s. Used on Capra, Ascender, Scx2. Is there a way to improve the drag brake holding power?

On both setups I'm using the aux wire for crawler-racer, with radio knobble 0 to 100% drag live setting.

Thanks in advance
Smaller motors make less noise, why your 28mm outrunner is quieter. I don't think Castle is keen on making a non audible frequency at this time, or 12 months ago when I put in the engineering request. I'm working on my own ESCs but that is a long term project.

You can increase drag brake with more geardown. The "hold" of a motor is at direct odds with the startup smoothness, however. If you want a motor to hold with zero rolling but geardown can't get you there, its either using a larger motor that is smooth starting (puller standard), or use a motor that is not so smooth starting but has strong hold force (roc412)
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 02:02 PM   #383
Quarry Creeper

Thanks John
So for the Revolver would be benefit to change the esc to something else? I like the micro x for the size and aux cable, but if noise can be improved i can experiment...
If i understood correctly, on page 17 you were talking about dithered and 18k frequencies which are more silent, and those are available only on Ble, correct?
And what about Sidewinder 4, will it offer any benefit over the micro and Ble? I read you were saying the cryo hardware is different from previous escs, but will it make any difference in frequencies smoothness and noise?
Thanks again
rockspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 05:32 PM   #384
Quarry Creeper

Any estimate date to get back in stock 3500kv motor?
Taper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 03:32 AM   #385
Quarry Creeper

Also,

You 3500k PP in my wraith with 87/14 and stock diff ratio will hold on every step with Mamba X esc?

Thanks
Taper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:30 PM   #386
RCC Addict

I see the new Puller Pro V2's are now listed on your site. What sort of changes have been made, and how does that affect driveability from the previous version? I only noticed the rotor diameter has been increased from 17.5 to 18mm. Will there be any other kv's available, or just 2700 and 3500?
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:18 AM   #387

We will have 2200 in standard, and 1200 and 1800 added to stubby. The changes include adjustable timing , better reverse operation, and better drag brake. The rotor change helped drag without hurting startup enough to matter. We can offer tuning rotors for people that want that original feel, although I dont think anyone will be bothered at all by the change.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:25 AM   #388

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
We will have 2200 in standard, and 1200 and 1800 added to stubby. The changes include adjustable timing , better reverse operation, and better drag brake. The rotor change helped drag without hurting startup enough to matter. We can offer tuning rotors for people that want that original feel, although I dont think anyone will be bothered at all by the change.
v2 also introduced the 90° sensor plug, correct? That's such an underrated change IMO.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:35 AM   #389

Indeed
Old 02-06-2020, 11:00 AM   #390

I've updated the site to include details of improvement now. Thanks for the questions. I'll be making a vid outlining the construction tomorrow.
Old 02-06-2020, 11:02 AM   #391
Wwk

Quote:
We will have 2200 in standard, and 1200 and 1800 added to stubby.
Oh no! I received Stubby 2200 kV for my Capra few days ago You could have let me know when I was writing with your crew

Now I'm gonna crying.
Wwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:03 AM   #392

And here she is! I was torn on going back to all black, or leaving some remachined fanciness. You can see that fancy looks won this time
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2020, 11:29 AM   #393

Quote:
And here she is! I was torn on going back to all black, or leaving some remachined fanciness. You can see that fancy looks won this time
I love the remachined look on almost anything. And it gives your motors a more premium look than all black motors IMO. I'm glad you made this choice.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:54 AM   #394

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwk View Post
Oh no! I received Stubby 2200 kV for my Capra few days ago You could have let me know when I was writing with your crew

Now I'm gonna crying.
V1 2200 will be great in the Capra. I'll retroactive the price for you though. Last name or order number?
Old 02-06-2020, 12:12 PM   #395
Wwk

I don't need lower price but I appreciate the effort, thank you. It's not question of price, I was interested for lower kV motor and nobody mentioned that lower kV Stubbys are on the way. I'll throw Axe 2200 to another rig, install Stubby with 11T pinion and I hope it will be so slow and smooth as I want...

Damn, so close...
Wwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:53 PM   #396

The phone guys arent always in the loop on my new products. There is always something new coming.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:57 PM   #397

Hi JRH. I currently have a micro x and revolver v2 1800 on my Enduro. Fantastic start up and smooth all thru out. Downhill control is amazing.... bunch of guys in my local site are now considering switching after what they have seen lol.

I just finished building a VS410 pro. I'm set on a Mamba X but still undecided on the motor. I'm thinking of going w/ a Puller Pro or Revolver. This will be used mostly in slow crawling w/ wheel speed just enough to get out of situations and some light trailing. What can you recommend? Downhill control is must have lol TIA

***Just realized i may have posted in the wrong thread. Sorry about that

Last edited by Rmendz; 02-14-2020 at 09:02 PM.
Rmendz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:36 AM   #398

You may have to shave the skid a touch for the v2, but I would personally run a 2200 v2 standard puller. LOTS of brake and downhill control when combined with a mamba X. Maybe not quite as much as a revolver, but it runs quiet and has higher efficiency and wheelspeed.

2700kv is also a great speed. Maybe a bit fast if you aren't looking for slight jumping ability.
Old 02-15-2020, 02:41 PM   #399

What would be the best esc for the puller 500?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guahantoyz671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 06:31 PM   #400

Quote:
You may have to shave the skid a touch for the v2, but I would personally run a 2200 v2 standard puller. LOTS of brake and downhill control when combined with a mamba X. Maybe not quite as much as a revolver, but it runs quiet and has higher efficiency and wheelspeed.

2700kv is also a great speed. Maybe a bit fast if you aren't looking for slight jumping ability.
Thanks JRH!
Rmendz is offline   Reply With Quote

Puller Pro Brushless 4 pole Rock Crawler motors- Lay down the Power! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holmes Hobbies 2 pole vs 4 pole brushless CoolRunning Electronics 1 02-13-2017 08:32 AM