Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: Holmes Hobbies Feedback...Unbelievable Support..Why to support Vendors

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #321
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Holmes Hobbies Feedback...Unbelievable Support..Why to support Vendors

have to agree with other your service is second to none. any idea when cc becs will be back in stock looking to grab one?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #322
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Holmes Hobbies Feedback...Unbelievable Support..Why to support Vendors

Placed an order today for a set of expert motor and some motor guards for my nex xr, and got notice that they had shipped before I left work!

Awesome turn around time! Can't wait to get my motors!

This is the first time I had actually invested money in good motors, and I am sure I will never go back to junk motors!
Old 03-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #323
Quarry Creeper

Thanks John
Not sure what was wrong with my motor, but you sent out a replacement arm, Thanks fro getting it to me quick and enjoy the beer. I can not wait to get this bad boy back on the trail.
If you ever get to Nevada City CA. GET A HOBBY have a awesome indoor crawling track !
Old 04-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #324
RCC Addict

I didn't buy my BRXL from Holmes because he is out of stock. However, I did find one on another site and I must say I'm very pleased so far.

Thank you
Old 04-03-2012, 01:36 AM   #325
RCC Addict

Hey John i dont know if this is the best place to ask and it may have been covered in one of your threads previously, Whne are you going to have more stock of TorqueMaster Pro Handwound 540 Brushed motor's and the Torque master Expert 540's or any of the Crawl Master range of motors in 35t/45t range?

I purchassed a motor recently from a local distributer here in Australia that stocks your gear and its been on backorder for nearly 2 months and the distributer has been in contact to ask for an estimate of time to only be told "soon". I like your motors and Esc's and use them in a few of my crawlers and want to continue as i have been very happy with there performance and value.

Can you give an estimate on time as i have more builds in the works now and want more motors which id happily buy direct if they were available.

Ben
Old 04-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #326
RCC Addict

all i can say is john you rock supper fast service and great customer service thanks for all you for all of us
Old 04-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #327
Pebble Pounder

John's commitment to his customers and to his business is second to none. I raise my glass to you sir!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #328
colorado crawler

Hey John, I received my 2 new fxr's today. awsome priceand fast shipping .
Old 04-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #329
I wanna be Dave

over the years i have ordered from HH has gone flawlessly....i just ordered a custom wind motor that got mailed out to me, but lost in the mail....john said no problem he'll have another one sent right out....but all i got was an armature emailed him and within a few days i got the rest of the parts to put my motor together ....thx john don't know what happened but you say you take care of your customers and came through with flying colors ....what ever i need that you make/carry i will buy from you........bob

Old 04-19-2012, 10:29 PM   #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceeng18 View Post
I didn't buy my BRXL from Holmes because he is out of stock. However, I did find one on another site and I must say I'm very pleased so far.

Thank you
Does anyone know who has any brxl esc in stock?
Old 04-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #331
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Holmes Hobbies TorqueMaster BR-XL Electronic Speed Control*-*Speed Controllers and accessories*-*-Electronics*-*The Crawlers Store LLC
Old 04-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #332
My vendor status has been revoked

any idea when more info will be available on the trailmaster pro? im very interested in one when they come out.

thank you!
Old 04-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #333
Rock Crawler

I have to say, Holmes Hobbies is definitely one of the best places to deal with. I ordered a 16t CM Pro Team Edition on Sunday. I received an email late Monday morning saying it was shipped. I received it today (Wednesday)!!! I was very pleased with the quick turn-around time on my order. I was expecting, and good with the 1-2 week wait!

I have sent numerous emails to John asking some very "newb" questions, and he replied to every email. Not making me feel like the newb that I am.

Although, I was a little surprised when I opened the box today and seen the motor. I thought that the can would be "pretty" like in the picture on the website.

Oh well... I will sacrifice a "pretty" can for the performance and quality any day of the week.

It's not about what is on the outside.... It's about what is in the can!!!

HH definitely gets an A+
Old 04-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #334
Rock Crawler

Torquemaster BR-XL (non waterproof) in stock at TCS Crawler (as of 4/22/12)

I ordered a TM BR-XL ESC from TCS Crawler, last Sunday (4/22). The did not have any of the waterproof ones in stock, but they did have the regular ones. I received mine in the mail today.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #335
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-shot View Post
I have to say, Holmes Hobbies is definitely one of the best places to deal with. I ordered a 16t CM Pro Team Edition on Sunday. I received an email late Monday morning saying it was shipped. I received it today (Wednesday)!!! I was very pleased with the quick turn-around time on my order. I was expecting, and good with the 1-2 week wait!

I have sent numerous emails to John asking some very "newb" questions, and he replied to every email. Not making me feel like the newb that I am.

Although, I was a little surprised when I opened the box today and seen the motor. I thought that the can would be "pretty" like in the picture on the website.

Oh well... I will sacrifice a "pretty" can for the performance and quality any day of the week.

It's not about what is on the outside.... It's about what is in the can!!!

HH definitely gets an A+
I just wanted to clarify my quote "I thought that the can would be pretty like in the picture on the website" was a just a sarcastic, joking comment. I am very happy with my CM Pro Team Edition motor (like a kid at Christmas)!!! I meant nothing negative with the comment - just joking.

After looking at the motor, the quality and craftsmanship is enough to make it a piece of artwork, in my opinion.

I would buy 1,000 more motors from Holmes Hobbies (if I had the money, of course), and not regret it one bit!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #336
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Bruiser View Post
Hey John i dont know if this is the best place to ask and it may have been covered in one of your threads previously, Whne are you going to have more stock of TorqueMaster Pro Handwound 540 Brushed motor's and the Torque master Expert 540's or any of the Crawl Master range of motors in 35t/45t range?

I purchassed a motor recently from a local distributer here in Australia that stocks your gear and its been on backorder for nearly 2 months and the distributer has been in contact to ask for an estimate of time to only be told "soon". I like your motors and Esc's and use them in a few of my crawlers and want to continue as i have been very happy with there performance and value.

Can you give an estimate on time as i have more builds in the works now and want more motors which id happily buy direct if they were available.

Ben
Hey John I just wishes to follow up on this and I can do his pm or email, but I didn't get a response regarding this. I know your site shows stock of the motors I want yet the local distribute as I understand it has placed an order but it hasn't shown at their end. Can you she's any light on motor availability etc or I can contact direct with specifics,
Ben
Old 05-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #337
Jerry's RC Garage

Your motors are awesome. Here is a video of the 21t TorqueMaster Pro Handwound 540. The end noise was the diff gears stripping.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #338
Pebble Pounder

Not sure if this question is in the right spot, but...

I was wondering, I've been waiting to see if any problems have risen with the waterproofed torque master br-xl and can't seem to find anything. Has anyone had any issues with it at all? I really want to buy one!
Old 06-10-2012, 12:08 AM   #339
Rock Stacker

Hey John,

Thanks for the 26T Crawlmaster Pro arms.

Just as you promised...

I am way beyond cool now, thanks to the Crawlmaster Pro motor. Ever since they arrived at the house, my wife can't keep her hands off of me. I'm thinking of buying more of them just to display in each room of the house (who needs bottled pheromones when you've got the Crawlmaster Pros on display?). Oh, and 18 complete strangers asked me for my autograph today while I was avoiding rattlesnakes in the rocks. I'm so cool now that I can barely stand it. As a friend of mine used to say, "Makes me want to jump back and kiss myself." (I have absolutely no idea what that means).

Oh yeah, and they work really well as motors in my XR also.

Seriously, though, these things are fantastic! They popped right into the TorqueMaster cans I bought from you a year and half ago. Got them out to run them for a few hours today. They're insanely smooth at super low speed and so responsive that you've basically made me into a motor snob.

As far as run time goes, it is the same (actually a bit longer) that I was getting with two of your 55T TorqueMasters. 65-75 min of runtime from 1050 MaxAmps 3S LiFe packs for the first two packs through the motor.

And a plug for your TorqueMaster 55T motors...I put those two in my XR about a month or two after the XR was available, basically a year and a half ago. Those motors had a gob of packs through them. I've never cleaned or oiled the motor and never replaced the brushes. When I took them apart to put the new arms in, there was no discernable difference between the original brushes and the new ones I got from you for the arm swap. Those Torquemasters still drove like new motors, even after a year and a half.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #340
Quarry Creeper

First off, Sir Holmes added the drop-down for electing to have them presolder the motor leads onto the motor just so I could place an order for exactly that. Within 24 hours of letting him know I'd like the ability to do this, he had it added to the site.

On top of that, even after a mixup with that new feature (his worker forgot to solder the motor leads on), within 24 hours of me notifying him that the motor did indeed not have the leads on it already, he had another motor that he hand soldered the leads onto himself, in the mail (overnight mind you) to me.

You couldn't even expect an answer from one of the larger corporations within 24 hours, not to mention an ideal resolution.

Sir Holmes and his entire team are nothing but top-notch folks who are truly out to provide not only the greatest products, but the greatest customer service imaginable. One thing to keep in mind here is that they are such a small shop they don't even have enough people to answer the phone, yet they are able to provide this level of support. Truly amazing.

Sir Holmes, thank you!

Fink
Closed Thread